Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-16-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Good God, you are such a stooge. And a willing one at that. Love strong man leaders do ya? Don't bother answering that, it's obvious you do.

I've worked with Russians who left their country because Putin is EXACTLY what you've been led to think he isn't.

If you love Putin so much, you know where Russia is and you're free to go anytime you like.
Nice try mis-characterizing my post, Dave. Please point me to any post where I've stated any affinity for Putin. You can try to make that post about me all you want, but you're the freakin stooge for purposefully trying to make the post something its not.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:48 AM

Hey Finn - don't look now, but looks like John Kerry isn't point the finger at Putin for the hacks. By your standards, he's a tratior!!!

Secretary of State John Kerry wouldn't accuse Russian president Vladimir Putin of masterminding hacks on Democrats to throw the U.S. presidential election today.

He cast doubt on a report claiming that Putin personally ordered cyber attacks on Democratic operatives Thursday afternoon, using air quotes as he talked about the anonymous 'intelligence officials' behind the leaking.

'Look, I am not going to start making comments at this point. I haven’t commented on this publicly because of the job I do,' Kerry said. 'I’m not going to comment on anonymous reports from intelligence officials that are not identified that have quotes around the concept of intelligence officials.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eaking-it.html

I don't agree with Kerry about much of anything, but he's got this one right.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:24 PM

Wall Street Journal - Republican National Committee Security Foiled Russian Hackers

http://www.wsj.com/articles/republic...ers-1481850043

Russian hackers tried to penetrate the computer networks of the Republican National Committee, using the same techniques that allowed them to infiltrate its Democratic counterpart, according to U.S. officials who have been briefed on the attempted intrusion.

But the intruders failed to get past security defenses on the RNC’s computer networks, the officials said. And people close to the investigation said it indicated a less aggressive and much less persistent effort by Russian intelligence to hack the Republican group than the Democratic National Committee. Only a single email account linked to a long-departed RNC staffer was targeted.

Independent computer security experts said it was plausible that the RNC’s filtering systems stopped any potentially dangerous emails from reaching their targets. But the fact that they failed doesn’t mean they preferred one candidate over another, nor that they don’t harbor plans to leak embarrassing information about Republicans or Mr. Trump in the future, now that he’s about to assume the presidency.

So, once again, the NY Times report that the Russians succeeded in hacking both the DNC and the RNC but only released the emails they pulled from the DNC and sat on the emails they pulled from the RNC in an effort to promote Trump is FAKE NEWS!
Old 12-16-2016, 12:56 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I don't agree with Kerry about much of anything, but he's got this one right.
The fact that he doesn't want to be dragged into a disagreement between the CIA and FBI is to his credit. It doesn't mean, one way or the other, whether Russia did or didn't target Trump specifically. Moreover, it doesn't matter. The Russians hacked our election in a manner that benefited Trump and different intelligence agencies have different beliefs as to how to apportion their motives between disruption and helping Trump. Regardless, the hacks benefited Trump whether or not it was Russia's primary motive.

Your argument can be summed up as "There's a material difference between the Russians hacking in a manner that solely helped Trump and Russia hacking in a way intended to solely help Trump.
If they didn't intend to help Trump, they sure went about it in a funny way.
Quote:
So, once again, the NY Times report that the Russians succeeded in hacking both the DNC and the RNC but only released the emails they pulled from the DNC and sat on the emails they pulled from the RNC in an effort to promote Trump is FAKE NEWS!
This doesn't negate that fact that the Times truthfully reported on what the CIA told them. Reporting what the CIA tells you they believe to be true isn't fake news. It's news.

What's interesting is that fake news hit the headlines when an idiot believed the same fake news as Trump's National Security Advisor (and his son on Trump's transition team) believed and shot up a pizza parlor in the days before it is revealed that the intelligence community believed the Russians hacked the election in a manner that was clearly favorable to Trump (and which the CIA, alone among them, assessed was primarily to help Trump and not just disrupt the election without regard to who benefited).

In order to spin these two negative events in their favor, the GOP conflates one with the other - "Forget Flynn's tweet on Hillary's child sex ring. The real fake news are the reports saying the Russians hacked the election." You've been a willing accomplice to the charade, whether deliberate or as a result of childish gullibility. This shows you're either disingenuous or an idiot (or possibly a disingenuous idiot).

Last edited by finnbow; 12-16-2016 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:39 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

W(h)ell, whaddya know?

FBI Director James B. Comey and Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper Jr. have backed a CIA assessment that Russia intervened in the 2016 election in part to help Donald Trump win the presidency, according to U.S. officials.

Comey’s support for the CIA’s conclusion suggests that the leaders of the three agencies are in agreement on Russian intentions, contrary to suggestions by some lawmakers that the FBI disagreed with the CIA.

“Earlier this week, I met separately with (Director) FBI James Comey and DNI Jim Clapper, and there is strong consensus among us on the scope, nature, and intent of Russian interference in our presidential election,” CIA Director John Brennan said..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...bb7_story.html

Whell - Maybe you should ask the moderator to move your original post and what follows on this subject outside of this fake news thread you started. While you're at it, admit you been duped by right wing propaganda (i.e., fake news) into carrying their water on this issue.

Last edited by finnbow; 12-16-2016 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
W(h)ell, whaddya know?

FBI Director James B. Comey and Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper Jr. have backed a CIA assessment that Russia intervened in the 2016 election in part to help Donald Trump win the presidency, according to U.S. officials.

Comey’s support for the CIA’s conclusion suggests that the leaders of the three agencies are in agreement on Russian intentions, contrary to suggestions by some lawmakers that the FBI disagreed with the CIA.

“Earlier this week, I met separately with (Director) FBI James Comey and DNI Jim Clapper, and there is strong consensus among us on the scope, nature, and intent of Russian interference in our presidential election,” CIA Director John Brennan said..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...bb7_story.html

Whell - Maybe you should ask the moderator to move your original post and what follows on this subject outside of this fake news thread you started. While you're at it, admit you been duped by right wing propaganda (i.e., fake news) into carrying their water on this issue.
Right wing propaganda? is that what Reuters is?

This was just 3 days ago:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...KBN14204E?il=0

The overseers of the U.S. intelligence community have not embraced a CIA assessment that Russian cyber attacks were aimed at helping Republican President-elect Donald Trump win the 2016 election, three American officials said on Monday.

While the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) does not dispute the CIA's analysis of Russian hacking operations, it has not endorsed their assessment because of a lack of conclusive evidence that Moscow intended to boost Trump over Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton, said the officials, who declined to be named.

Now, three days later, Comey allegedly accepts the CIA's conclusions, when only 3 days ago there was a lack of evidence?

Two days ago, there was apparently a phone discussion between Trump and Comey, and Comey dismissed the idea that Russia was trying to tip the election one way or another?

Nah, I think I'll wait a few days before drawing any additional conclusions.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:06 PM
Admin

Quote:

This was just 3 days ago:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...KBN14204E?il=0

The overseers of the U.S. intelligence community have not embraced a CIA assessment that Russian cyber attacks were aimed at helping Republican President-elect Donald Trump win the 2016 election, three American officials said on Monday.

While the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) does not dispute the CIA's analysis of Russian hacking operations, it has not endorsed their assessment because of a lack of conclusive evidence that Moscow intended to boost Trump over Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton, said the officials, who declined to be named.

Now, three days later, Comey allegedly accepts the CIA's conclusions, when only 3 days ago there was a lack of evidence?

Two days ago, there was apparently a phone discussion between Trump and Comey, and Comey dismissed the idea that Russia was trying to tip the election one way or another?

Nah, I think I'll wait a few days before drawing any additional conclusions.
If what you read over at Townhall was correct, Comey has completely changed his mind. Read the WaPo link, Mike.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:30 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:

This was just 3 days ago...
Three days ago ain't even yesterday's news. Your article has been overtaken by events. You seem to hanging your hat on the notion that there's a material difference between Russian hacking that ended up only helping Trump and Russian hacking intended to help only Trump. It was a distinction without a difference from the start (though you readily bought into it) and today it's no longer even a distinction.

You get more and more nonsensical the more desperate you get. You're in a deep hole already with your fake news assertion (the NYTimes correctly reported that the CIA believed Putin was responsible). Quit digging. You're approaching a Tom Joad level of foolishness. At that point, you'll be irredeemable.

Last edited by finnbow; 12-16-2016 at 08:37 PM.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
If what you read over at Townhall was correct, Comey has completely changed his mind. Read the WaPo link, Mike.
Oh, I read the WaPo link. It quotes Comey as saying that "earlier this week" he met with Clapper and company. Well, earlier this week he was also on the phone with Trump telling a different story. You'd think that if he knew he was meeting with Clapper, he'd delay his discussion with Trump. It just seems odd.
Old 12-18-2016, 02:24 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

German judges and state prosecutors need to crack down straight away on fake news disseminated through social media platforms such as Facebook, Germany's Justice Minister Heiko Maas said in an interview published on Sunday.

Maas, a Social Democrat in conservative Chancellor Angela Merkel's coalition, has repeatedly warned the U.S. technology company to respect laws against defamation in Germany that are more rigid than in the United States. He told the Bild am Sonntag newspaper the principle of free speech did not protect against slander.

"Defamation and malicious gossip are not covered under freedom of speech," Maas said, just days after other top government officials called for legislation to tackle "hate speech" and fake news on Facebook and other social media platforms.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ge...-idUSKBN1470CN

Unlike the OP, it seems that the ever logical Germans are able to recognize what fake news is and isn't.