Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-18-2018, 05:42 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Questions;

A). Would Americans voting for the promise of tax cuts and fatter refunds be the same as Americans voting for money?

I think so.

B). Could it be that we're sacrificing liberty for safety in supporting things such as militarized law enforcement, Arpaio-esque tactics, vilifying anyone who speaks up against police brutality, turning schools into fortresses, building walls........

.....and the host of other "safety oriented" bullshit that our rightwing friends support?

I believe so. In fact, I've come to believe the people who rant about "freedom" the most in this country are actually freedoms worst enemy. They are fans of strongman leaders who despise Democracy.

If something isn't done soon to know them down several pegs, we'll end up like Russia.
American Fascism beats Putinism everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

FWIW, people voting for social programs are also voting for money. Though not all of them.

Last edited by nailer; 03-18-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:00 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Questions;

A). Would Americans voting for the promise of tax cuts and fatter refunds be the same as Americans voting for money?

I think so.

B). Could it be that we're sacrificing liberty for safety in supporting things such as militarized law enforcement, Arpaio-esque tactics, vilifying anyone who speaks up against police brutality, turning schools into fortresses, building walls........

.....and the host of other "safety oriented" bullshit that our rightwing friends support?

I believe so. In fact, I've come to believe the people who rant about "freedom" the most in this country are actually freedoms worst enemy. They are fans of strongman leaders who despise Democracy.

If something isn't done soon to know them down several pegs, we'll end up like Russia.
Some of the fiercest critic of Russia fail to notice our ever increasing monopolistic, oligarchic trends.

The destruction of mom and pop businesses is ubiquitous.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:14 PM
Rational Anarchist

Bigger is better. It's the American way and this consolidation has been going on since the early/mid 19th century.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:49 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Bigger is better. It's the American way and this consolidation has been going on since the early/mid 19th century.
But at times there were strong anti-trust actions. Since Reagan such has been muted.

Now Warren Buffet loves monopolies.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:38 PM

The average young and old of this modern world would have a tough time adjusting to one without cell phones internet social media video games. Spoiled? Hard to say in all reality not knowing them all. Safe to say just grown accustom to having them around since a very young age.

Would they be willing to for the greater good of country let them go or curtail use if need be one day? Have less freedom of access, more controls oversight. I believe there are those who right now are weighing this as an option of controlling a population. Let them have their toys in order to placate, pacify a population keeping them from questioning the government. Use the technology through targeted physiological practices, mind control, brain washing to a degree.

Just how many times have you noticed someone looking up directions on their phone instead of navigating by memory? Looking up how to use a "hammer" off the internet? Technology has vastly increased our knowledge and help in our lives. Reliance on it has hurt and we have thus lost acquired knowledge also. By the not needing to remember, because you can just search for it when needed.

So controlling a population with comfort and ease will keep the pitchforks and torches away for awhile.

Barney

Last edited by Oerets; 03-19-2018 at 08:10 AM.