Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:50 PM

Ron Paul

Like him or hate him, he currently has a bill on the table for an audit of the Federal Reserve...with app 240 cosponsors. Both sides of the isle.

Personally, I think this is a good idea. And I also think that the current plan to hand over even more power to the Federal Reserve without oversight is a lousy idea.

Have a pretty good idea how 'Ol Hickory would feel about this...he bet it all on stopping the central bank...and won.

Say Sandy, you were wondering how the turtle wound up on top of the post, well....

Chas
Old 06-30-2009, 07:37 PM

I like it too, and have no problem with Ron Paul whatsoever. I think he's a great American.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:15 PM

RP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
I like it too, and have no problem with Ron Paul whatsoever. I think he's a great American.

I would expect no less from a man with Ronald Regan as an avatar.

By the way, I concur,

Chas
Old 06-30-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I would expect no less from a man with Ronald Regan as an avatar.

By the way, I concur,

Chas
Man, we could sure use Ronnie today.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:14 AM
Administrator

Have to admit I don't know a lot about the guy but like that hes calling for an audit.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:22 PM

If history is any indication, the Fed will likely fight this...Not that they're doing anything wrong, but from what I've read & heard, they DON'T like to let "outsiders" know what they're up to...
Old 07-01-2009, 03:44 PM

The Fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
If history is any indication, the Fed will likely fight this...Not that they're doing anything wrong, but from what I've read & heard, they DON'T like to let "outsiders" know what they're up to...
From what I've read, the Federal Reserve is a consortium of private bankers who are doing quite well loaning money to the Federal Government.

A lot of the founding fathers thought that one of the worst things, if not the WORST thing, that could happen to our nation would be to allow the money supply to be controlled by the international bankers.

Now maybe the Fed Reserve is a good thing, or maybe a bad thing. If they're as pure as the driven snow you would think that they would welcome the chance to open their books to the public...just to show what a great bunch of guys they are.

Now I suspect that there are more than a few of them how would rather this didn't happen...might just rile up the minions...who might just resort to the pitchfork and the torch. Might even inspire a few to go get Grandpap's ol' FN-FAL down from th' mantle and go asshole huntin'.

But not to worry, even it this passes, us dunderheads will never see the REAL books.

Chas
Old 07-01-2009, 04:04 PM

Don't aks me how I know this, but if one were to buy one of Buddie Gregg's surplus Fin-Fal lowers, ALL positions work...So I've heard...Harrumpf, harrumpff...(grin)
Old 07-02-2009, 03:25 PM

Buddie Gregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Don't aks me how I know this, but if one were to buy one of Buddie Gregg's surplus Fin-Fal lowers, ALL positions work...So I've heard...Harrumpf, harrumpff...(grin)
Ya lost me with the Buddie Gregg moniker...never heard of 'em.

I figger he's like ol' Dog, used to come up with AR lowers that suffered from the same affliction. Started makin' me nervous when he showed up with a MK1 Ciener. Made more noise than one would suspect, even usin' subsonic ammo...least that's what they tell me.

Wouldn't really know, as I must have been in church while all of this was happening. Don't much matter now, ol' Dog's gone to the better place. Up there with all of his old Airborne buddies.

Can't touch 'em now,
Chas
Old 07-02-2009, 05:05 PM

I forget Buddie's company's moniker, but he sure had about everything you needed for ys FAL or LAR...