Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Audiokarma Temp

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:19 AM

Only had 1 Labatts tonight, YIKES!
Listened to some kinks that was in the player while testing some tubes.

Then got hawled off to the movies to see Star Trek, Which I liked quite a bit!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:08 AM

I've just switched to headphones, since it's 11 pm here, and the wife has gone to bed. Enjoying the sound of the modded Fostex orthos, after listening for a while via the NS-1000Ms earlier in the evening.

I'm listening to a 4-CD compilation set I picked up at a flea market, thrift shop or wholesale audio place (I'm not even sure any more), that I have NEVER listened to before. I got it sometime shortly before moving house last year, when I didn't have much time for listening, stuck it in with the CDs, and just decided to finally give it a listen. The set is called "Mega Women", and has a different type of music on each disc. The first one I heard was labeled "Varietes Francaises" and was all French chanteuse stuff, and thoroughly enjoyable. Now I'm listening to "World Music", and the remaining two discs are "Soul/Jazz" and "Varietes Internationales".

This was one of those stumbled-across-it impulse/curiosity buys that I got for peanuts, just out of curiosity and not expecting much, but I'm really thoroughly enjoying it, so far. Audio quality of tracks varies slightly, but none are fatiguing or really bad, and some sound quite decent. Overall a little better than the usual compilation discs. Sometimes little things work out nicely.

As for drinking, it's water right now. Earlier I had a glass of prune juice. No, I didn't "need" it; in fact, I wish it didn't have the effects that it can, as I actually like the flavor, and would gladly drink it more often, if it weren't for the associated "risks". LOL I'll probably have a cup of some hot herbal tea before I turn in. Need to get up and work tomorrow.

Last edited by Arkay; 06-04-2012 at 10:12 AM.