Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:31 AM

Delightful news! But, for understandable reasons, the corporate media still won't give him a fair or even respectful shake.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:05 PM
Persona non grata

Bernie Sanders Gaining in Iowa, Draws Crowd of 10,000 in Madison

http://www.alternet.org/bernie-sande...-10000-madison

Quote:
Bernie Sanders is gaining in Iowa, according to a new poll that shows the Vermont Senator and presidential candidate has doubled his standing in the Hawkeye state since May.

According to a Quinnipiac poll released today, Hillary Clinton still holds a sizable lead ahead of next winter’s Democratic caucuses, with 52 percent support, 19 percentage points ahead of Sanders who is favored by 33 percent of Democratic caucus-goers. The same poll had Sanders’ support at only 15 percent in early May.
Quote:
Sanders drew the largest crowds of any presidential campaign in this cycle so far in neiborhing Wisconsin last night. At a near capacity rally at the 10,000 seat Veterans Memorial Stadium in Madison, Sanders joked, “In case you haven’t noticed, there are a lot of people here.”
Old 07-27-2015, 03:04 PM
Persona non grata

National Poll Shows Bernie Sanders Beating Scott Walker, Donald Trump, Jeb Bush

Of course it's a CNN (Communist News Network) poll, so you have to take it with a grain of salt.

http://www.alternet.org/election-201...trump-jeb-bush

Quote:
A just released CNN poll finds Sanders out-polling all of the GOP's major candidates, though pretty much tied with Jeb Bush. Here's how Sanders stacks up:

SANDERS: 48%
BUSH: 47%

SANDERS: 48%
WALKER: 42%

SANDERS: 59%
TRUMP: 38%
Old 07-27-2015, 03:27 PM
Admin

Ouch, that's gotta smart.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:01 PM

I can see Hillary as the VP, after all she has a lot experience standing subserviently next to a President.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:12 PM

I think he is raising too many expectations that cannot be met, like yesterday when he said he would propose a Constitutional amendment to repeal Citizen's United. Hillary has a better chance to win Colorado, Nevada, and New Mexico, especially if she picks someone like Castro as VP.

Hillary is more likely to be able to legislatively get things done also. Will Sanders win Ohio, Virginia or Florida if say Bush or Kasich are on the ticket? Close call.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I think he is raising too many expectations that cannot be met, like yesterday when he said he would propose a Constitutional amendment to repeal Citizen's United. Hillary has a better chance to win Colorado, Nevada, and New Mexico, especially if she picks someone like Castro as VP.

Hillary is more likely to be able to legislatively get things done also. Will Sanders win Ohio, Virginia or Florida if say Bush or Kasich are on the ticket? Close call.
This is why the right wing is leading the country by it's nose while the left is forever compromising and backtracking from it's core principles.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:56 PM

I don't think Sanders can carry the top of a national ticket.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I don't think Sanders can carry the top of a national ticket.
Not Sanders, I realize that but need to get HRC to change her campaign platform and for that she needs to come out of hiding. Bernie seems to be doing that effectively. Would I attend a Hillary campaign or listen to Pandora?
Old 07-27-2015, 06:43 PM
Persona non grata

Bernie Sanders Cited And Fined For Resisting Arrest

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/barrier...isting-arrest/

Quote:
.... in the summer of 1963, he committed his crime.

The Chicago Tribune reported the story months later, on January 14, 1964, on page 6 of section 1 (emphasis added):

The cases of 159 persons arrested in racial demonstrations last summer were disposed of yesterday before Judge Gordon B. Nash in Jury court.

Four persons were found guilty and fined $25 each. Twenty-two persons were found guilty but their fines were suspended. The remaining 133 defendants were discharged.

The 159 were arrested during demonstrations at four locations during which they protested alleged segregation in the city’s public schools.

The defendants sang in the hallway as they awaited trial in the fifth floor courtroom in the Criminal court building, but sheriff’s police put a halt to the singing.

The four found guilty and fined were William Devine, 32, of 1052 Sheridan rd.; John Harkins, 27, of 313 Hawthorne lane, Hoffman Estates; John Anderson, 18, of 6514 Ross av.; and Bernard Sanders, 21, of 5411 University av.

Devine was arrested Dec. 9 at the school board offices and charged with criminal trespass. Harkins was arrested Aug. 2 at 75th and Lowe and charged with resisting a police officer. Anderson was arrested Aug. 13 at 73d and Lowe and charged with battery, and Sanders was arrested Aug. 12 at 74th and Lowe and charged with resisting arrest.

Miss Willie Whiting, assistant state’s attorney, told the court that the four were in positions of leadership and engineered the demonstrations.