Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:37 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Because you'll wind up killing a guy over an insured microwave.

I get your point but it's a cost/benefit thing.
I see.

I'm still wondering where all of the gun-toting he-man wannabe rightwing heroes are. Probably cowering in their bunkers with three years worth of potted meat, cheez-wiz and Gatorade, listening to Alex Jones on the wind up radio. Dipshits.

Dave
Old 08-11-2014, 09:42 AM
Area Man

I forgot the Glenn Beck approved Armageddon Proof Cucumber and Okra Seeds.

Dave
Old 08-11-2014, 09:47 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I see.

I'm still wondering where all of the gun-toting he-man wannabe rightwing heroes are. Probably cowering in their bunkers with three years worth of potted meat, cheez-wiz and Gatorade, listening to Alex Jones on the wind up radio. Dipshits.

Dave
They're scared to death of black people.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:50 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Even if the worst case of what you're pointing out is true in this scenario, all bets are off once a sworn officer is pushed/followed into his car.

This isn't like Zims at all...
We'll see.

I still want to know why these Cops accosted this kid in the first place.

There's an automatic assumption on the part of many white people including Cops that any young black dude out walking around the street is up to no good.

When people keep thinking that way, and acting on it, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:02 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
They're scared to death of black people.
They're scared to death of EVERYTHING.

Dave
Old 08-11-2014, 10:02 AM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
We'll see.

There's an automatic assumption on the part of many white people including Cops that any young black dude out walking around the street is up to no good.

When people keep thinking that way, and acting on it, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.
Respectfully, you miss the point.

Even if the officer were initially out of line, you get shot when I retreat to my cruiser and you engage me, inside. Example? As much as I disdain Zims, I'd feel differently about his situation had he been forced to shoot Martin inside his own home (for whatever reason) as opposed to a public sidewalk.

See the difference?
Old 08-11-2014, 10:56 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Respectfully, you miss the point.

Even if the officer were initially out of line, you get shot when I retreat to my cruiser and you engage me, inside. Example? As much as I disdain Zims, I'd feel differently about his situation had he been forced to shoot Martin inside his own home (for whatever reason) as opposed to a public sidewalk.

See the difference?
Right.

If you can provoke someone into attacking you, you have every right to shoot them.

That's a little inconsistent with your views regarding the Israelis and the Palestinians isn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWnDVW07_1c

Last edited by Tom Joad; 08-11-2014 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:

I agree with you in wanting to know why the police officer stopped the kid in the first place. However I don't agree with the rest of the statement. Just because a police officer approached a black kid, doesnt mean the police officer was thinking the kid was up to no good.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:17 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Right.

If you can provoke someone into attacking you, you have every right to shoot them.

That's a little inconsistent with your views regarding the Israelis and the Palestinians isn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWnDVW07_1c
Again, you're missing the point.

Regardless of what precipitated anything in this case, pressing the attack against an entity who has retreated into an area of presumed safety universally recognized as theirs gets you shot. (i.e., if Trayvon had followed Zims into has house and gets wacked? That's on him regardless of what occurred, before.) The engagement occurred in a police cruiser. Are you trying to justify that?

Your Israel comparison is weak on two fronts:

1. Israel is the aggressor, not a victim.
2. Israel is FAR from universally recognized as rightfully possessing anything.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Right.

Dontcha think?

The best advice I ever got from the older guys in the neighborhood was just "yes sir...no sir" in response to any questions and "yes sir" in response to any instructions. I also received clear education that it was the morons who laid hands on the coppers, and if you do you get way worse than the piss beat outta you.

One night, I was about 16, a bunch of us were hanging out at the park and I made the mistake of getting pissed off and responding to a strong "go the fuck home kid" with an idiotic "I'll think about it." I ended up on my face in the street with a knee in my back and a knee on the back of my head. And when I got to the lock-up they almost knocked me out pitching me into an interview room and bouncing me off the back wall.

When they woke up my old man to come down to the precinct and get me it didn't get much better. He didn't like that I was beat up pretty bad, but he made the wise choice to take me home, rather than getting pissed off at them about it and me ending up charged with drunk and disorderly.

That said...I'm white so in the couple of cases where I took a beating, that was as far as it went. And almost everybody takes a beating sometimes from somebody.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 08-11-2014 at 12:29 PM.