Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:03 AM

Zimmerman Walks

This really pisses me off

we need a new thread sorry

oh this is very interesting too:

I think she just damaged some drywall did not kill a kid a few days past his 16th birthday

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1530035.html

I am drinking some vodka about to open some Bartons that I bough at the PX for $8.90 not bad for 1.75ml
Old 07-14-2013, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
This really pisses me off

we need a new thread sorry

oh this is very interesting too:

I think she just damaged some drywall did not kill a kid a few days past his 16th birthday

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1530035.html

I am drinking some vodka about to open some Bartons that I bough at the PX for $8.90 not bad for 1.75ml
**A judge threw out Alexander's "stand your ground" self-defense claim, noting that she could have run out of the house to escape her husband but instead got the gun and went back inside.**

The above^. I'm not sure how much difference it woulda made but she may have came out better if she had the gun on her person at the time she first feared her life was in danger. Going out to the car to get her gun and then returning back into the home is probably what cost her.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:26 AM

Yeah you are right I am just venting...but it does detail a sort of double standard. She may be far from innocent, but mandatory sentencing laws have put her into the prison industry for far too long....she should have been given a more lenient sentence.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:51 AM

I know what you mean. Heck, I've been rattled all day. Can you believe that people drove over 50 miles to a rinky dink town from Nashville to protest against a group of teens frog gigging here last night? Lordy mercy! Of all things going on in this country they wasted airtime on something of much less importance.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:57 AM

Those protesters upset about hunting frogs? I wonder if they stopped at McDonald's on the way.....
Old 07-14-2013, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Those protesters upset about hunting frogs? I wonder if they stopped at McDonald's on the way.....
It may strike some as sounding silly as to how the event organized, but the frogs weren't wasted.

http://www.fox17.com/newsroom/top_st...id_18974.shtml
Old 07-14-2013, 01:16 AM

Frog gigging is a good safe activity for teenagers. See, if they drink too much beer, the canoe will tip over and the start battery from the car they were using for the floodlight will go to the bottom.
This prevents them from drunk driving, and they are forced to sleep it off in the car and walk out when it gets light the next day.
Not that I have any knowledge on the subject, but it sounds like it could work that way.

P.S. frogs did not go to waste. Made a fire and cooked the legs on a green stick.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:21 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
**A judge threw out Alexander's "stand your ground" self-defense claim, noting that she could have run out of the house to escape her husband but instead got the gun and went back inside.**

The above^. I'm not sure how much difference it woulda made but she may have came out better if she had the gun on her person at the time she first feared her life was in danger. Going out to the car to get her gun and then returning back into the home is probably what cost her.
Uhhhh, Yeah. Just as Zimmermans refusal to just let Martin go about his business unharrassed is what cost Martin his life.

Dave
Old 07-14-2013, 01:30 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
I know what you mean. Heck, I've been rattled all day. Can you believe that people drove over 50 miles to a rinky dink town from Nashville to protest against a group of teens frog gigging here last night? Lordy mercy! Of all things going on in this country they wasted airtime on something of much less importance.
You got rattled over THAT? PETA wierdos protesting frog gigging? Whooooooo cares?

Dave
Old 07-14-2013, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
You got rattled over THAT? PETA wierdos protesting frog gigging? Whooooooo cares?

Dave
Thats the point, Dave. Why protest and make news over meaningless shit when there are much more important things in our country that we should be focused on. It tells me people care more about protecting frogs than they do their financial future.