Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:46 PM

US Embassy In Egypt stormed by protestors

Thankfully the embassy staff had been evacuated earlier. However, I suspect that the fact that today is the anniversary of 9/11 is not a coincidence.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UE-iASKQYRJ

Some question about where the film that is said to have PO'd the crowd was produced in the US or was of Dutch origin. However, I suspect that doesn't matter. Another excuse to protest the US may have been irresistible.

I'm also pleased to see new Egyptian government's authorities on hand to handle crowd control.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Abby Normal

2012 and these people are fighting over whose religion had the greatest magician.

Last edited by noonereal; 09-11-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Admin

Mubarek?
Old 09-12-2012, 06:45 AM

Of course the Obama admin's initial response to the attacks (in Egypt as well as on the Lybian embassy in which 3 embassy staff members were killed), issued through the US embassy in Cairo was the following statement: "we condemn the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims -- as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions" ?!?!?!

The admin's unfathomable response, sympathizing with the offended muslims rather than condemning them, was correctly described by Mitt Romney as 'disgraceful'.

Hillary Clinton then says: "We condemn this attack (in Lybia) in the strongest terms."

In the strongest terms? Is this a joke? I can't help but think of the exchange between Lt. Cdr. JoAnne Galloway (played by Demi Moore) in a few good men:

Jo: "Your honor, we re-new our objection..."

Judge: "The objection is overruled, counsel."

Jo: "Sir, the defense strenously objects..."

Judge: "The objection of the defense has been heard and overruled."

Jo Galloway was a joke and so is Ms. Clinton and this three ring circus of an admin.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:55 AM
Resident octogenarian

Mezz, buzz off and take the muslims with you.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:31 AM

This joke of a Whitehouse of course now has Hillary backing off her earlier "in the strongest possible terms" condemnation with:

"The U.S. deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. Our commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation."

... and then the Obama admin is trying to convey at the same time the idea that they have not authorized these apologies (nor the condemnations apparently). What a three ring circus this admin continues to be. November can't come fast enough this year.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:43 AM

So our relationship with Egypt - judging by their willingness to let their citizens trash the US Embassy - is in the dumper. Then, as if by "magic" violence erupts in Libya nearly at the same time and three US embassy staff are dead: killed apparently by an RPG as they attempted to flee the embassy.

So much for the Prez's attempt to extend an olive branch to the radical Muslim crowd.

Time to forget about green energy. Let's drill, baby, drill, get those pipelines from Canada and Alaska built, crank up off shore drilling, and get ourselves the f*ck out of the Middle East now.

Last edited by whell; 09-12-2012 at 07:45 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I don't COMPLETELY blame the Pres for this but particularly Libya begs the question - why on God's green earth weren't there Marines there?

Pete
Old 09-12-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I don't COMPLETELY blame the Pres for this but particularly Libya begs the question - why on God's green earth weren't there Marines there?

Pete
True that. Seems like I remember that our policy used to be that an attack on a US embassy equates to an attack on the US proper. Of course, the next question would be "Who's the enemy and who do we direct our response to?"

And where the hell is the Egyptian/Libyan police / military / whatever? Oh, wait. Let me guess. A number of them are in the crowd that attacked the embassy. To exemplify: Here;s a photo up on Drudge that purports to show Ambassador Steven's body being paraded through the streets.

Last edited by whell; 09-12-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:05 AM

These incidents were cause by religious hatred. Period. Secretary Clinton's words appropriately point that out. The fact that people on this board are attempting to politicize these tragic events fills me with utter disgust.

John