Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-31-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Here's something from those lefty loons at Business Insider about partisan news sources like Fox...

http://www.businessinsider.com/study...-at-all-2012-5

Hmmm. It would appear that those 'Daily Show' viewers are better informed than Faux News consumers.

Michael B Kelley
Michael joined Business Insider as an intern in February 2012. He became a front-page editor in February 2014 and a senior news editor in October 2014.

Michael earned a bachelor of arts in philosophy from Northwestern University and a master's degree in journalism from the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern.

In college he studied Buddhism in India and worked as a high-school sports reporter at the Chicago Sun-Times.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/autho...#ixzz3bkIIxS7X

There's the author of your article in Business Insider....don't know the guy...."maybe" he's legit and maybe he's not....

Here's as far as I'm willing to go out on a limb with you guys, Bob. Actually, I perceive that all you guys seem to be fairly intelligent....I'm not about to hand my ideological cajones over to Michael Kelley or Jon Stewart....
We can bite, scratch and spit in a minute, but, here's my point...there's not a snowball's chance in hell that you and the rest of my adversaries are going to take "anything" that Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilley, Megyn Kelley or any of the Fox talking heads say any more than I am going to lend credence to Ed Shultz, Matt Lauer, Chris Matthews or Bill Moyers. I listen to NPR...sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't....

I find Bill Maher to be the most repulsive, caustic abrasive individual ever born.....I wouldn't piss up his ass if his guts was on fire....he's a nasty little shit and I think he cultivates that lifestyle.

I have no reason to think the content of that clip to be suspect any more that anything I would hear on Comedy Central with Jon Stewart.....

Hey, are you familiar with Bill Whittle?
Old 05-31-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawDawg View Post
I find Bill Maher to be the most repulsive, caustic abrasive individual ever born.....I wouldn't piss up his ass if his guts was on fire....
Now, there's an image for you!
Old 05-31-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Now, there's an image for you!
I never said anything about "boreasing" him....it would have been to put out the "far"....

Last edited by LawDawg; 05-31-2015 at 02:49 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-31-2015, 02:51 PM
Admin

So, LawDawg, instead of addressing what the university study has shown about relying on partisan sources, you attack the reporter's credentials.

What's better known as 'shooting the messenger'.

If you are truly interested in debating, here's a helpful website that might assist in resurrecting your tattered credibility in these parts, olde son.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Bluff and bluster will only get you so far with these Blue Dog Democritters and former Republicans hereabouts.
Old 05-31-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I never said anything about "boreasing" him....it would have been to put out the "far"....
Oh, I see what you did there!
Old 05-31-2015, 02:58 PM
Admin

Bill Whittle of YouTube? He sounds like a pissant, PJ O'Roarke, wannabe.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Bill Whittle of YouTube? He sounds like a pissant, PJ O'Roarke, wannabe.
Sorry Bob. I was over yonder fighting with Boreas about the Bible. So, Bill is a P.J. ORoarke wannabe? I believe you just made my point. I wouldn't believe Chris Matthews if he told me the grass was green.....
Old 05-31-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
So, LawDawg, instead of addressing what the university study has shown about relying on partisan sources, you attack the reporter's credentials.

What's better known as 'shooting the messenger'.

If you are truly interested in debating, here's a helpful website that might assist in resurrecting your tattered credibility in these parts, olde son.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Bluff and bluster will only get you so far with these Blue Dog Democritters and former Republicans hereabouts.
Well Dadgum! That "just might" come in handy.....I skimmed it and I'll just blurt out that you all are an "ad hominem" type bunch of guys....(is that anything like Eminem?) Heard that phrase but never knew what it meant....

hmmmm....from talking with y'all for the last week or so I wouldn't have thought that "credibility" was so important to you.....
Old 05-31-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Sorry Bob. I was over yonder fighting with Boreas about the Bible.
Fighting? Bible?

And here I thought you were just backtracking on your erotic fantasizing about Bill Mahr.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:27 PM
Admin

Who is Chris Matthews and why would I give a tinkers damn about what some talking head on the boob tube has to say? I can read all about it in the Washington Post before Fox or MSN airs it.

You might try it instead of watching YouTube videos for your news and views.