Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:46 AM
Jigsawed

Nice morning!
Old 10-15-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
I just this morning got a call from my health insurance company. The lady wanted to talk about my preventive medical check-ups, the company launches such crap at least one time a year.

It is of course not lovingkindess what they have in mind, they try to prevent themselves of avoidable costs.

I told her that all my check-ups are up to date and that I avoid life risks as far as possible. And I told her that my regular sexlife is a very good prostate cancer prevention. I wish I could have seen her face when I remarked that. She stumbled: "Oh yes...sure...that's...that's fine...for you..."

The same procedure, the same blabla next year...
I just can't wait until we Americans are subjected to the same. I'm sure they will have a checkbox to record that you were obstinant/sarcastic in your response. Helps them track and sort out who's deserving of care.
I wonder how much she makes doing these phone interviews?
Supposedly, the folks who will advise us which plan to sign up for will be making $48/hr.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:43 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
I just can't wait until we Americans are subjected to the same. I'm sure they will have a checkbox to record that you were obstinant/sarcastic in your response. Helps them track and sort out who's deserving of care.
Supposedly, the folks who will advise us which plan to sign up for will be making $48/hr.
No more red meat for you.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:43 PM
Ready

Quote:
Everything you said is wrong.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Well shit, I should be a politician then.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:35 AM
Resident octogenarian

The funny thing is back home no one ever phoned me to remind me about check-ups, that was up to me or the family doctor. All they did was pay for them.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:00 AM
Mutated Member

Quote:

However, our German health insurance companies are incredibly rich although they have to spent a bunch of bucks for paying hospital costs, check-up costs, medical costs, treatment etc.

But actually they pay only a little share of the medicine costs which is often so expensive what makes it difficult for let's say pensioners with little money. And when they have to use an expensive medicine (or even several) for a longer period, like my mother, it is quite often (not for mom) a real financial burden. We pay high premiums and they refuse to pay the medicine, that sucks.

But this is a reason apart from the high monthly premium we have to pay, that those companies are such wealthy. A bit annoying for them is that the life expectancy of the insured increase more and more due to the contemporary high technology treatment methods.

I am really dying to see Obamacare...

;-)

Last edited by HarmanKardon; 10-16-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:42 AM
Ready

That insurance companies are wealthy does't mean they pay lots of money to low-level phone workers, unless their activities are a profit center. Now if the government was paying them extra $ for everybody they convinced to get preventative checkups, the callers might be on commission....

Your wealthy insurance companies sound analogous to our wealthy airlines, when their ticket prices were regulated by the government. That regulation ended here, eventually. Most think it great in that prices fell sharply, though service levels fell as well....

The $48/hr figure for ACA navigators was the top of the initial salary estimate released, of $20 to $48/hr. As you'd expect in lean budget times, the lower end of the range predominates. This salary reporting gadget says the average wage for ACA navigators in the city of Indianapolis is $39,000 on a yearly basis, less than $20.00/hr; http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=Aca+...anapolis%2C+IN

I also plugged Baltimore, MD into it and got $49,000 on the higher-cost east coast. The $48/hr salary would translate into about $100,000 a year. BTW, the ACA navigators, by law, cannot take any money from insurance companies. They are employed by non-profits.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Mutated Member

Quote:
That insurance companies are wealthy does't mean they pay lots of money to low-level phone workers, unless their activities are a profit center. Now if the government was paying them extra $ for everybody they convinced to get preventative checkups, the callers might be on commission....

Your wealthy insurance companies sound analogous to our wealthy airlines, when their ticket prices were regulated by the government. That regulation ended here, eventually. Most think it great in that prices fell sharply, though service levels fell as well....

The $48/hr figure for ACA navigators was the top of the initial salary estimate released, of $20 to $48/hr. As you'd expect in lean budget times, the lower end of the range predominates. This salary reporting gadget says the average wage for ACA navigators in the city of Indianapolis is $39,000 on a yearly basis, less than $20.00/hr; http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=Aca+...anapolis%2C+IN

I also plugged Baltimore, MD into it and got $49,000 on the higher-cost east coast. The $48/hr salary would translate into about $100,000 a year. BTW, the ACA navigators, by law, cannot take any money from insurance companies. They are employed by non-profits.
I checked it via google - some 20 euros/hour for the phone workers of a German health insurance company.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:22 PM
Area Man

Quote:
$48/hour? No shit? Where do I apply? Sounds like big government is far more generous than you guys!