Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:24 PM
Abby Normal

Glenn Beck

I am sitting here watching Glenn Beck.

On one level it is like watching Sesame Street, on another level it's like watching a hate show. The hate is directed at all I value.
This guy is rallying people to trash the future of my country.

What is wrong with these tea bag types who watch and are persuaded?
I have so had it with the red welfare states.

Everything out of his mouth is guns and fight. He is advocating violence without taking responsibility for it (to keep his ass out of jail).

Fox is dangerous to the future of our country.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:30 PM

if you're still watching it you've lasted longer than i can take him (or hannity/limbaugh/orally/etc). which is about 2 minutes.

and yes, definitely dangerous to the country.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
I am sitting here watching Glenn Beck.

On one level it is like watching Sesame Street, on another level it's like watching a hate show. The hate is directed at all I value.
This guy is rallying people to trash the future of my country.

What is wrong with these tea bag types who watch and are persuaded?
I have so had it with the red welfare states.

Everything out of his mouth is guns and fight. He is advocating violence without taking responsibility for it (to keep his ass out of jail).

Fox is dangerous to the future of our country.
Well, don't watch him.

Noon, you've got a case of the ass, and you're working overtime to make yourself just as miserable as you can.

It's not worth it to me, and I doubt that it's worth it to you either, if you just stop and look at what your doing to yourself.

Besides, the nation has survived a civil war, two world wars, the dust bowl, more recessions and depressions than you can shake a stick at, etc, etc...and it will survive Glen Beck with no trouble at all.

And insulting us peckerwood red staters is no way to ever get us to vote the way you bluebelly staters think we should.

Take it easy, life's too short.

Chas
Old 07-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Well, don't watch him.

Noon, you've got a case of the ass, and you're working overtime to make yourself just as miserable as you can.
A good diversion post Chas.
Isn't my post the mirror image of what the GOP (of which I am still a member) tells me everyday? Didn't it sound like a Palin tweet in reverse?
When are you gonna call out you pols and Fox for this instead of chastising the responses to them?
Do you not have culpability when you support them?
No Chas, your post is a tactic.

Last edited by noonereal; 07-24-2010 at 07:18 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:40 PM
Area Man

I have little choice but to tolerate Fox every day. It's on the t.v. in the lunchroom at work, and we're not allowed to eat our lunches anywhere else.

Honestly, I often enjoy catching Krauthammer, Barnes, Baier and whoever else they have on their panel. I don't always agree with their views, but at least it's rational intelligent discussion, without a bunch of quazi-religious flagwaiving revisionist history horseshit going on. I have lost every last shred of tolerance for Beck, and Hannity I completely and utterly detest. I honestly wouldn't give a damn if those two dropped dead.

It's almost like they have Krauthammer, Baier & Co. for the smart people and Glenn Beck for those who are too simpleminded to understand what the others are talking about.

Dave
Old 07-24-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I have little choice but to tolerate Fox every day. It's on the t.v. in the lunchroom at work, and we're not allowed to eat our lunches anywhere else.

Honestly, I often enjoy catching Krauthammer, Barnes, Baier and whoever else they have on their panel. I don't always agree with their views, but at least it's rational intelligent discussion, without a bunch of quazi-religious flagwaiving revisionist history horseshit going on. I have lost every last shred of tolerance for Beck, and Hannity I completely and utterly detest. I honestly wouldn't give a damn if those two dropped dead.

It's almost like they have Krauthammer, Baier & Co. for the smart people and Glenn Beck for those who are too simpleminded to understand what the others are talking about.

Dave
I used to like to watch that show when Hume ran it, but sort of lost interest once Baier took over. Don't know why, really, but I don't spent much time analyzing why I don't watch teevee.

The best thing about that show is the guests behave like adults, let the other guy speak, and generally advance rational responses.

Then you have the other shows, where they'd argue over the color of the paint on the wall if it were brought up, everyone talking at the same time, in an apparent attempt to see who can talk the loudest and the fastest for the longest.

They are so shrill I can't even entertain myself looking at the cleavage of the bimbo squad.

Chas
Old 07-24-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
A good diversion post Chas.
Isn't my post the mirror image of what the GOP (of which I am still a member) tells me everyday? Didn't it sound like a Palin tweet in reverse?
When are you gonna call out you pols and Fox for this instead of chastising the responses to them?
Do you not have culpability when you support them?
No Chas, your post is a tactic.
OK, Beck and the Republicans drive me up the wall at times. I don't even like FOX News, and watch very little of it.

But I stand by my statement. You're going to give yourself a coronary focusing on things that piss you off in an apparent attempt to piss yourself off even more. And from some of the things you say, it appears you're being successful.

I did the same thing for years. Left to my own devices, I'd have myself frothing at the mouth by the end of the day. Only I didn't waste my time on politics.

Then one day I woke up and realized I didn't have to do this. All I was accomplishing was making myself miserable. And I was stupid to continue doing so.

I've been much more relaxed once I finally wised up.

This is what I was advancing, in hope of helping you remove some stress from your life, especially the kind of stress which is totally unnecessary.

And you completely missed the context of my message and determined that I was employing a diversionary tactic.

Beck's an asshole, the Republicans want to destroy the country, and they'll use every underhanded trick in the book in order to do so.

Now that we're on the same page, why don't you quit looking for a way to argue with me, and instead think about what I'm trying to say?

It might just make your life a little more enjoyable.

Take care,

Chas

PS: Now that I've spent the best part of the day in an effort to help you achieve nirvana, I need to go mow the yard, before it's 100 degrees.

I'm laying a guilt trip on ya, Nooner!!!
Old 07-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Area Man

It was nearly a hundred degrees here when I got up at 6am today.

I'm really getting tired of this friggin' sweatbox of a state. How anyone lived here before A/C boggles the mind.

Dave
Old 07-24-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
It was nearly a hundred degrees here when I got up at 6am today.

I'm really getting tired of this friggin' sweatbox of a state. How anyone lived here before A/C boggles the mind.

Dave
Out here I never use A/C and rarely use the furnace. Luther Burbank, the rose guy, set up shop in Sonoma County because it had "the best climate on earth". I tend to agree.

John
Old 07-24-2010, 04:57 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
OK, Beck and the Republicans drive me up the wall at times. I don't even like FOX News, and watch very little of it.

But I stand by my statement. You're going to give yourself a coronary focusing on things that piss you off in an apparent attempt to piss yourself off even more. And from some of the things you say, it appears you're being successful.

I did the same thing for years. Left to my own devices, I'd have myself frothing at the mouth by the end of the day. Only I didn't waste my time on politics.

Then one day I woke up and realized I didn't have to do this. All I was accomplishing was making myself miserable. And I was stupid to continue doing so.

I've been much more relaxed once I finally wised up.

This is what I was advancing, in hope of helping you remove some stress from your life, especially the kind of stress which is totally unnecessary.

And you completely missed the context of my message and determined that I was employing a diversionary tactic.

Beck's an asshole, the Republicans want to destroy the country, and they'll use every underhanded trick in the book in order to do so.

Now that we're on the same page, why don't you quit looking for a way to argue with me, and instead think about what I'm trying to say?

It might just make your life a little more enjoyable.

Take care,

Chas

PS: Now that I've spent the best part of the day in an effort to help you achieve nirvana, I need to go mow the yard, before it's 100 degrees.

I'm laying a guilt trip on ya, Nooner!!!
well I could say "whatever" but I hate that expression and feel it is like saying f u in 2010.
I could become indignant as one could think it pompous that you assume the role of teacher but I won't.
One could point out that you again shifted the exchange but what would that accomplish?
Or I could point out what brought us here to try and get this back on track but that would result in a circle.

So I guess I'll just say enjoy the day and I'd love to have a drink with you sometime!

AS to your philosophy that one should not get worked up over such things well I agree in principle however my personality is such that I am incapable of enjoying such wonderful past times as fishing and golf. In fact when I worked in Manhattan all those years I loved the competitive nature of even commuting daily and enjoy the intense driving among all the taxi's in town.
Heck to me baseball is a pastime not a sport.
Now if you recall this back and forth started in reference to racism and of all the issues we discuss this is the only one I will not side step nor not confront.
The other area I am passionate about is Sarah and what she represents. If you still don't understand why I'll be glad to explain again.