Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:48 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
No one "promised" a 4% growth rate, genius. But we're getting much closer to the 3% to 4% growth rate that WaPo thought was "nearly impossible" just 6 months ago.

Also, your chart barely includes Q1 2018, so the numbers posted above are far more current.
Still have those blinders screwed down tight, I see. One quarter does not a trend make, Mike.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
From Chicks link from above, this is worth repeating.

There, put that in your pipe and smoke it whell.

And while we are at it, the deficit is widening due to lower revenue from corporate taxes and increased expenses, both gifts from Trump on his quest for MAGA as America goes broke.
No thanks, I don't smoke. Especially the hallucinogenic crap the some of you guys seem to be smoking.

Yes, I know what the article "says". The article "called" it a "promise". However, if you look/listen to the actual quote, there was no "promise" there, not even an implied promise.

I agree that the deficit is worrisome. However, the only time some of you seem to worry about it is when there's a Repub in office.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:45 AM

Trump: We're Going To See Economic Growth Of 4, 5 And Maybe 6 Percent

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...6_percent.html

At the 2-minute mark, straight from the horse’s ass. Deny this, Whell, you moron.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:50 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

“We're bringing the GDP from 1 percent up to 4 percent. And I actually think we can go higher than 4 percent. I think you can go to 5 percent or 6 percent.”

- DJT
Old 06-14-2018, 07:57 AM

What is it about Whell and his fellow Trumpie idiots that makes them so susceptible to Donny’s lies, so willing to defend him when his lies are exposed right in front of them? Are they mentally deficient? Is it a personality disorder? They’re exactly like Hitler’s followers. Nothing, not even facts, can dissuade them. It’s frightening.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:19 AM
Rational Anarchist

What makes you suseptable to the lies you believe?

Being a former Know Nothing, finnbow could shed some light on your questions.

Last edited by nailer; 06-14-2018 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:24 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
What makes you suseptable to the lies you believe?

Being a former Know Nothing, finnbow could shed some light on your questions.
What converted me was the obvious lie about Iraq's WMD's and all the subterfuge and dishonesty surrounding that lie. Going to war is the most serious thing a government can do and going to war under false pretenses is perhaps the most dishonorable thing imaginable in a democracy. At that time, I changed my voter registration to Independent where it will remain. Unlike Whell, I don't like being blatantly lied to and manipulated and I sure as hell don't try to get others to believe the lies in order to assuage my own conscience about having been misled.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
“We're bringing the GDP from 1 percent up to 4 percent. And I actually think we can go higher than 4 percent. I think you can go to 5 percent or 6 percent.”

- DJT
Don't see the word "promise" in there. Do you? Or were you doing your "mind reading thing" again?

What I see is prospective opining. Not much more than that.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
What is it about Whell and his fellow Trumpie idiots that makes them so susceptible to Donny’s lies, so willing to defend him when his lies are exposed right in front of them? Are they mentally deficient? Is it a personality disorder? They’re exactly like Hitler’s followers. Nothing, not even facts, can dissuade them. It’s frightening.
What it is - we look at comments from deranged folks like you and laugh our asses off.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Unlike Whell, I don't like being blatantly lied to and manipulated and I sure as hell don't try to get others to believe the lies in order to assuage my own conscience about having been misled.
Uh huh. Where were you on the "if you like your health plan you can keep it", or "if you like your doctor you can keep him/her"? Or maybe "the $400 million in cash to Iran isn't a ransom"? Or Kerry's comments that they'd probably be used to fund terrorism as almost an afterthought? Or Obama saying in 2011 that “We signed into law the biggest middle-class tax cut in history”? Or Obama saying: “The day after Benghazi happened, I acknowledged that it was an act of terrorism”? Or Obama's claim that “The Keystone pipeline is for oil that bypasses the United States”?

Trump pedals a lot of BS, and the old joke about "you can tell a politician is lying when their lips are moving" easily attaches to him. Generally, however, Trump stays the course of his core campaign pledges (the budget deficit is a notable exception). Other politicians - like Obama's lies - are often tools used to hide the implementation of their agendas. That's a pretty significant difference IMHO.