Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-11-2024, 01:03 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human View Post
No. I think it's harder to poke fun at attractive people.

I also think it's important to not dismiss those everybody who votes differently than us as being ugly or stupid.
I'd say it's unfair to characterize people who still support Trump as ugly (ugly is nonpartisan), but it is completely fair at this point to call them stupid. After all, courts of law have found him to be a fraud (many times over) and a rapist. Moreover, he incited an insurrection and is facing 91 felony counts.

In short, thinking that another Trump term would be good for America is undeniably stupid, even detached from reality. It may well be judgemental, but it is a judgment based upon indisputable facts.
Old 01-11-2024, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I'd say it's unfair to characterize people who still support Trump as ugly (ugly is nonpartisan), but it is completely fair at this point to call them stupid. After all, courts of law have found him to be a fraud (many times over) and a rapist. Moreover, he incited an insurrection and is facing 91 felony counts.

In short, thinking that another Trump term would be good for America is undeniably stupid, even detached from reality. It may well be judgemental, but it is a judgment based upon indisputable facts.
Of course Trump is (very, very, very) bad for America.

But calling them stupid implies they are below-average intelligence. I bet everybody on this board knows somebody who supports Trump, but is not stupid.

What I'm saying is there are other reasons for these decisions, as stupid as they may seem.
Old 01-11-2024, 01:50 PM
Ready

Intelligent persons generally obey irrational emotional motivations. The rationality of human beings is way over-estimated.
Old 01-11-2024, 01:53 PM

Calling them stupid is giving them an excuse. An excuse to say they were duped. Plenty know just what TFG is, and support him anyway.
Old 01-11-2024, 02:34 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

FAKE NEWS EXPOSED: A Service of PoliticalChat.com

By definition, it is totally appropriate to ridicule the ridiculous and actively supporting the presidential candidacy of a rapist, fraudster, insurrectionist, malignant narcissist and wannabe dictator who has been charged with 91 felonies is ridiculous. YMMV.

Last edited by finnbow; 01-11-2024 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-11-2024, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Of course Trump is (very, very, very) bad for America.

But calling them stupid implies they are below-average intelligence. I bet everybody on this board knows somebody who supports Trump, but is not stupid.

What I'm saying is there are other reasons for these decisions, as stupid as they may seem.
2/3rd of the Republicans believe the 2020 election was stolen without any proof whatsoever. Most of them believe that January 6th insurrection was anything but despite hours of live footage.

What are the reasons if it is not abject stupidity?
Asking for a "Libtard".
Old 01-12-2024, 09:21 AM

Some seem to welcome what they believe he brings. Some of them are stupid, some are not.
Old 01-12-2024, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
2/3rd of the Republicans believe the 2020 election was stolen without any proof whatsoever. Most of them believe that January 6th insurrection was anything but despite hours of live footage.

What are the reasons if it is not abject stupidity?
Asking for a "Libtard".
Pretty much all Democrats do not believe the election was stolen despite all the proof provided by an assortment of people ranging from a guy who sells pillows online to people who really have no clue how elections work.

What are the reasons if not abject stupidity?

This is why I think 'stupid' is not a good description of the opposition.
Old 01-12-2024, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Pretty much all Democrats do not believe the election was stolen despite all the proof provided by an assortment of people ranging from a guy who sells pillows online to people who really have no clue how elections work.

What are the reasons if not abject stupidity?

This is why I think 'stupid' is not a good description of the opposition.
Only ones that could have overturned the election are the courts and all cases were lost. Arizona perhaps got the maximum scrutiny, yet the re-counts there confirmed the count. AG Bill Barr stated there was not fraud and he was part of Trump's administration.

After all this if a person does not believe Trump lost, what do you want me to call him, a misguided soul?
Old 01-12-2024, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Only ones that could have overturned the election are the courts and all cases were lost. Arizona perhaps got the maximum scrutiny, yet the re-counts there confirmed the count. AG Bill Barr stated there was not fraud and he was part of Trump's administration.

After all this if a person does not believe Trump lost, what do you want me to call him, a misguided soul?
I like the term radicalized and the GOP has done a splendid job of it. Admitting they are wrong in their beliefs means everything the faithful have been told is false and everything they've been against was and is right. A mighty hard pill to swallow. De-nial isn't just a river in Egypt.