Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Resident octogenarian

That sometimes has an advantage, the heart specalist that saved my wife by changing her BP medicine gave her about a two month supply from the drug company's handouts. Mind you I know how they can afford to hand out all that stuff. In late 2004 when she started on it it was $300 for a 90 days supply, in January this year that same 90 day supply was $475.

Last night I was watching all the 'experts' debate health care, what a bunch of maroons. At the start they admitted that we spend twice what the other industrializd countries do, and we don't cover everyone, plus in comparison it is disease care not health care. Then when they talked about covering the 47 million who have no insurance they say "But how can we afford it?" Duh, well if we are spending twice what the countries do that cover everyone . . .
Old 06-13-2009, 01:58 PM

The Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
That sometimes has an advantage, the heart specalist that saved my wife by changing her BP medicine gave her about a two month supply from the drug company's handouts. Mind you I know how they can afford to hand out all that stuff. In late 2004 when she started on it it was $300 for a 90 days supply, in January this year that same 90 day supply was $475.

Last night I was watching all the 'experts' debate health care, what a bunch of maroons. At the start they admitted that we spend twice what the other industrializd countries do, and we don't cover everyone, plus in comparison it is disease care not health care. Then when they talked about covering the 47 million who have no insurance they say "But how can we afford it?" Duh, well if we are spending twice what the countries do that cover everyone . . .
When I was a kid, we had three or four doctors in this podunk little town. The one we used had one nurse, and himself. You'd go see him, he'd look your over, poke a cigarette in his mouth, tell you what was wrong with you, give you a sack full of those free pills, and you were out the door. And people just paid him, didn't really need insurance.

A few years back, my Dad slipped on the ice, fell down, and split the back of his head open on the sidewalk. It really wasn't that bad.

So we took him to the emergency room just to be safe, we were worried about a concussion. I'll bet we dealt with at least ten different people, set around for an hour or so. Finally a doctor shows up, spent about a minute, said don't worry about a concussion, but the cut needed stitches.

Then some intern who looked like he was about 12 yrs old came in, and sewed my poor dad up. This kid couldn't sew a button on a shirt, I suppose he had to learn, but Jesus Christ, this was costing real money, and the service was miserable.

Now I don't know whether to blame the medical profession, the drug companies, the insurance companies, or the government...so I'll blame 'em all.

What we need is a bunch of Doc's with a cigarette hanging out of their mouths who want to be doctors, and not millionaires. And get rid of the people who are just trying to get a piece of the action.

Chas
Old 06-13-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post

We have a close friend who has COPD and diabetes as well as a thyroid condition. The meds to treat all that ailed him amounted... to more monthly than his SSI. As a Korean War Vet and meeting income qualifications...he was accepted at Vet's for treatment and pays a small co-pay for meds. Get this...it was suggested he continue to carry insurance.
It will be very interesting to see how O'Bam Bam carries off the insurance dilema.