Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
The TEA wingnuts will not go for yet another round of borrowing, which is why ACA and voodoonomics is so crucial to the GOP.

Why do we still have Obamacare? Not for long if the Senate can bribe the naysayers to two, and it seems very likely this time.
I would not bet against the Remove & Replace this time around, not even at 10:1 odds. The Koch Bros. $$$ is too strong a motivator for next years primaries.
Of course. To the republicans it's not about doing what's right for the country, it's about appeasing the Koch's and a handful of billionaires. They say the love of money is the root of all evil, and that's true.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:09 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
The TEA wingnuts will not go for yet another round of borrowing, which is why ACA and voodoonomics is so crucial to the GOP.

Why do we still have Obamacare? Not for long if the Senate can bribe the naysayers to two, and it seems very likely this time.
I would not bet against the Remove & Replace this time around, not even at 10:1 odds. The Koch Bros. $$$ is too strong a motivator for next years primaries.
Pretty sure supply side economics increased our debt.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:31 PM

Un- f'ing believable.

Quote:
Conservatives pressing for the repeal of Obamacare want to give states the right to enact whatever health care plan they want — as long as it's not government-run health care.

The Graham-Cassidy health care bill would give states — instead of the federal government — significant freedom over how they operate their health care programs, generally with much less money than they get today. In theory, that means a liberal-leaning state could pursue a single-payer system or government-run insurance plan.

Heritage Action is urging congressional Republicans to block that possibility. The conservative policy advocacy group is asking the GOP to remove three provisions in Graham-Cassidy that would allow states to use their funding to pay medical providers directly, contract with managed care plans for specific groups of people and expand their Medicaid programs.

The changes would “ensure states do not use the new block grant funding to force individuals into restrictive, government-run health care programs,” Heritage Action wrote in a memo.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...43026?lo=ap_b1
Old 09-22-2017, 02:02 PM

McCain will again lead the defeat of this latest fuck-you from the teabagger assholes.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:12 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
This sounds like a sales pitch from Ryan for this latest R & R bill to pass the Senate with 50 votes. And it just might work since they are only looking at 2018, and the GOP base clamoring for the R & R bill will only find out a few years down the road that this bill comes up way short of the second R.

With the block grants to states, they now have even the Hellers and McCains on their side it seems not to mention McCain has another $100 billion to lob missiles in the ME. The GOP has no conscience.
Just heard on radio that McCain is going to vote against. Rand Paul too.

Edit: Pio scooped me.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:59 PM
Ready

I guess McCain is hard to bribe these days.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:55 PM

Guess I was wrong about Mr. McCain and sincerely thank him for his promised nay vote.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:00 PM

http://crooksandliars.com/2017/09/ri...yone-about-pre
Old 09-22-2017, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
If the states are running the health care...it's still government healthcare. Is not the state a government? Except now we'll have to fool the bill for 50 inefficient governmental health care administrations instead of one.

Fucking republicans.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:35 PM

I just heard Rand Paul on the radio state that his biggest objection was keeping the tax payer money and not return it to who paid it after taking away their health care.