Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:59 PM

i will admit, that i didnt much care for politics until obama was running...and i have a lot to learn...His stance on abortion hit a wrong nerve with me...And his bills he strong arms into law. Thanks for posting some insight. Well yall have a good day.

Remember to shake a soldiers hands when you see em.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetaudio6 View Post
i for my self cant beleive they are for the people of their respective countries...individual freedom to be what they want should be the norm...not what the state tells you to think you should be...
You need to educate yourself a little before you start posting about things you do not understand.

This is a good definition of Democratic Soci@lism:

"Soci@l democracy is not itself a soci@list system. Rather, traditional social democrats advocated the creation of soci@lism through political reforms by operating within the existing political system of capitalism. The social democratic movement sought to elect soci@lists to political office to implement reforms. The modern social democratic movement has abandoned the goal of moving toward a soci@list economy and instead advocates for social reforms to improve capitalism, such as a welfare state and unemployment benefits. It is best demonstrated by the economic format which has been used in Sweden, Denmark, Norway, and Finland in the past few decades. This approach has been called the Nordic model."

A fine example of a Democratic Soci@list in this country is Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont. A man with true integrity who accepts no corporate money. When he speaks on any subject, you can be sure, he is not blowing smoke up your ass to protect his big corporate donors.

Like him or not, he expresses the sentiments of people all over this country. We always talk about how we want members of Congress to be honest, upstanding, people working for their constituents. Sadly that number is very low.

There are many different types of soci@lism.

Anarchism
Democratic soci@lism
Leninism
Libertarian soci@lism
Religious soci@lism
Social democracy
Syndicalism

As much as it may surprise you the new crop of tea baggers in Congress are mostly Libertarian soci@list better known as Anarchism.

I have only dealt with the politics of Soci@lism. There is also Economic, social, and political theory issues to discuss.

Care to do a little Googling? You might learn something.

Oh, Obummer is about as far from a Democratic Soci@list as he can possibly be.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Admin

Quote:
i will admit, that i didnt much care for politics until obama was running...and i have a lot to learn...His stance on abortion hit a wrong nerve with me...And his bills he strong arms into law. Thanks for posting some insight. Well yall have a good day.

Will do, I'm trying to motivate myself out of this chair and go down to the beach. I've been tossing the idea around of picking up a bunch of small flags and hitting the retirement home. See if I can brighten up some old soldier's face and let 'em know they aren't forgotten.

On another other note... don't get too offended by us crabby old liberals as you are the fresh meat on the table. The novelty will wear off as soon as the next victim shows their head. As to the spam filter, a popular spam word is
C i a l i s which is caught and rendered into asterisks.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:24 PM

Budget, you must be getting some bad information if you are hearing health care is hurting other countries. It is in the United States that the health care system is broken and causing havoc. The united states ranks 37th in health care in the world, and yet, we spend the most money to get the least results. We could learn a thing or two from those other countries, especially those who have national health care systems, they seem to be doing it the most cost effective and with the best results for the consumer.

As for S oc i a l is m leading to Communism ......... you have so much to learn....
Old 05-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Area Man

Right on, Barb!

But, don't forget the impact that allowing the financial wizards of Wall Street to pawn their toxic derivatives on foreign governments has had. Just think, if it wasn't for that colossal stupidity, Europe wouldn't be in the mess it's in.

But, no. The answer is to deregulate further and give those folks more freedom to do it again.....or worse. And, this we're doing for "our children". (Looks to me like a whole lot of kids in this country couldn't have worse enemies than their own parents.)

Yessir, you got to love it. The future is bright!
Old 05-28-2012, 02:37 AM

god i hat ot think what country we are passing to our children adn thir children...Menacing taxes and all that...which obama has had to strong arm in...not just bush...besides what bush has put in place and while obama is in office and they come into fruition. as in osama? blanche comes to mind, sorry missus!
he wont take credit for his bad policies. but the policy's that came from bush he takes credit of? when it is prudent for him.
im sure he isnt the only one to do so. but hey

Last edited by budgetaudio6; 05-28-2012 at 02:40 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:01 AM
Admin

Rush served straight, no ice. Congrats but bs is bs, antagonistically put as it may be.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:32 AM
Area Man

Quote:
god i hat ot think what country we are passing to our children adn thir children...Menacing taxes and all that...which obama has had to strong arm in...not just bush...besides what bush has put in place and while obama is in office and they come into fruition. as in osama? blanche comes to mind, sorry missus!
he wont take credit for his bad policies. but the policy's that came from bush he takes credit of? when it is prudent for him.
What are you talking about? What tax increases did either Bush or Obama foist upon us?

Both of them cut taxes......unfortunately.

And bin Laden? Obama sent the SEALS after bin Laden because Bush told him to? I would say I want some of what you're smokin', but.......I think not.

I hate to think of what kind of country we are leaving too. I can't imagine it'll be worth a damn in another ten years...And that goes for BOTH parties. But even more so on the right, IMHO, now that the GOP is infested with teabagger lunatics.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:48 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:

Emphasis added. Note that nature equipped us with two eyes, two ears and one mouth. Maybe if you watched and listened more you just might learn something.

BTW if you don't approve of abortion don't have one.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Taxes are at there lowest rates in over 50 years.

Bush had nothing to do with the the death of bin Laden. Did you see him in the situation room watching one of the most daring raids in this countries history. It took real guts to make the decision to go in rather than lob cruise missiles at the compound. If it had failed it would have been the end of Obama's political career.

Bush did not have the guts to make that decision. He proved that when he hid out in Air Force One hopping around all over the country instead of returning to DC to take charge. The first thing he needed to do was drag that chickenhawk Cheney out of his underground bunker.

Bush really did not have any good policies so why in the heck would Obama take credit for anything Bush did. Republicans did try to blame Obama for one off Bush's legacies, the loss of 836,000 jobs the month Bush handed over the keys to the country he wrecked.

"blanche comes to mind, sorry missus!" What the hell does this mean? Are you referring to Blanche Lincoln (D Wal-Mart) who was defeated by John Bozoman (R Wal-Mart). We lost a blue dog Democrat and gained a useless rubber stamping blob of worthless human flesh. Kind of a wash I would say.