Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
As to the subject of this thread I am curious, is there a "real" Romnney or is he all facade?
Cyborg, manufactured in the bowels of the Artificial Programmable Politician Research Facility at Koch Industries.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
I try to use the appropriate words, good thing that I have a reasonable vocabulary.
The word I'll hopefully be using to describe my feelings at the time will be 'relieved'.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
No. There is no difference. Whether you "fine" someone for not doing as they are told, or "provide financial disincentive" is same-same. It is still using financial punishment to force someone to act against their will. IT'S THE SAME THING.
While it may achieve the same end, one might just hold up in court... the other, we'll soon see.

Quote:
Maybe Obama didn't consider himself an expert on health insurance and left it to professionals in the field to draft the legislation? Maybe he figured copying Mitts ideas was good enough since Mitt seems to be such an omniscient being?

Mitt has a record of advancing social issues when it's politically expedient. Like all politicians do. What are his stance on those issues at the moment? That's what you need to ask. And be quick about it, because it changes daily, depending on whom he's speaking to.

He's a world class "flip-flopper".
Oh come on. Obama's positions evolve and yet Romney's a flip-flopper. You can't win any converts with such obvious double standards. If you liberals want to copy strategies from Karl Rove's playbook, at least do it correctly - or you'll end up with an unworkable mess every time (like Obama's health care plan).

Quote:
That was the point of this video, and it demonstrates it quite well. You know it's the truth and it burns your ass, doesn't it?

Oh, and BTW. If he does win, he will be inheriting a country in better, albeit slighty, shape than that horrendous mess that incompetent Republican left Obama. (And, I'm sure, deep down inside, you know that as well.)

I honestly did not see the (assuming propoganda) video. What kind of time do you think I have on my hands?

He'll be inheriting an unprecedented deficit, the level of damage to this country which it will cause, is as of yet to be seen... but we can guess. Obama's legacy won't be a good one.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Cyborg, manufactured in the bowels of the Artificial Programmable Politician Research Facility at Koch Industries.
I am kind of partial now to Cher's characterization which I posted in another thread describing Romney as a puppet of his ‘racist homophobic women hating tea bagger masters‘. (At least she'll say what she thinks).
Old 05-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post

I honestly did not see the (assuming propoganda) video. What kind of time do you think I have on my hands?
You seem to have tons of time on your hands to waste---banging your head against our wall. Do you even have a job?

I work at night, and sometimes suffer from insomnia, sleeping only a few hours a day, if at all.

What's your excuse?
Old 05-15-2012, 08:46 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Obama's legacy won't be a good one.
Do you think it will be as horrendous as GWs?
Old 05-15-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
You seem to have tons of time on your hands to waste---banging your head against our wall. Do you even have a job?

I work at night, and sometimes suffer from insomnia, sleeping only a few hours a day, if at all.

What's your excuse?
My day job could sort of be described as overseeing what I've built up over the past 20 years or so which keeps me busy but affords me some flexibility. Most of my passionate endeavors these days are related to family, artistic pursuits, loud music, heavy drinking, and revving my Harley to annoy the liberal neighbors.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:05 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I am kind of partial now to Cher's characterization which I posted in another thread describing Romney as a puppet of his ‘racist homophobic women hating tea bagger masters‘. (At least she'll say what she thinks).
Seems like a fairly apt description of the Mittster.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:12 PM
Area Man

Grady, is that you?

Uh huh. Just as I thought.

You do nothing.

My neighbor is just like that. "The engine of the economy.", he calls himself.

He has a boat, that only sees water when it rains.....or he pisses himself in it. He sit's in the boat, with a cooler full of beer and a fishing pole, getting drunk and casting into the street. Twice, I've had to help his wife get his drunken ass into the house. Which isn't easy, 'cuz fat ass must weigh 350lbs now.

Must be all of that hard work........

Last edited by BlueStreak; 05-15-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Uh huh. Just as I thought.

You do nothing.

My neighbor is just like that. "The engine of the economy.", he calls himself.

He has a boat, that only sees water when it rains.....or he pisses himself in it. He sit's in the boat, with a cooler full of beer and a fishing pole, getting drunk and casting into the street. Twice, I've had to help his wife get his drunken ass into the house. Which isn't easy, 'cuz fat ass must weigh 350lbs now. He has a boat, that only sees water when it rains.....or he pisses himself in it.

Must be all of that hard work........
That some funny chit right there. I was half joking though. I do commute into the city about 4 times per week and put in pretty much an 8-5 day.