Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Area Man

The Real Mitt Romney

Enjoy watching this lying, flip-flopping gas bag run his mouth. And think of the 180 degree "pivot". Politics? You bet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9IJUkYUbvI&eurl
Old 05-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Outside the 4 walls of his home, I'm not sure there is a real Mitt Romney.

However, I have it on good authority that he likes lakes, trees and cars.

Last edited by finnbow; 05-14-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Enjoy watching this lying, flip-flopping gas bag run his mouth. And think of the 180 degree "pivot". Politics? You bet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9IJUkYUbvI&eurl
After reading that line, I thought it referred to Obama's Gay marriage talk. OH, BTW, it was all talk. I guess when it's Obama it is just an evolution of policy.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:58 AM

It's one thing to have voted for Obama back in 2008 without having seen the real Obama (sounds like an oxymoron), but having now seen the real Obama I'm pretty comfortable giving just about anyone else a shot for the next four years. So say whatever you like about Romney, this election is not about who Romney is or what he's done as most of that is yet to be seen, it's about who Obama is and what he's done. The Obama people know this and that's why they are trying to change the subject all of the time. I don't think it's going to work. This election is pretty simple, Obama's been mediocre at best, a huge failure at worst. Anywhere in between means that it's time to vote for change.

Gee, that sounds familiar doesn't it. Obama the pathetic.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
It's one thing to have voted for Obama back in 2008 without having seen the real Obama (sounds like an oxymoron), but having now seen the real Obama I'm pretty comfortable giving just about anyone else a shot for the next four years.
Same logic applied to the 2004 and Dubya, a much worse President than Obama by most measures, was reelected. The advantages or incumbency cannot be overstated in Presidential elections. Were this not true, the people that most Republicans prefer (Christie, Mitch Daniels, etc.) would have chosen to run. They are, however, keeping their powder dry for 2016 when they won't have to face an incumbent.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Same logic applied to the 2004 and Dubya, a much worse President than Obama by most measures, was reelected. The advantages or incumbency cannot be overstated in Presidential elections. Were this not true, the people that most Republicans prefer (Christie, Mitch Daniels, etc.) would have chosen to run. They are, however, keeping their powder dry for 2016 when they won't have to face an incumbent.
There is an incumbent advantage, but the candidate the Democrats put forth in 2004, John Kerry, was not ideal. The left has their illusions about Bush having been some kind of bad or unpopular president when the facts are that Obama's support from congress (across both aisles) and his approval ratings with the public have indeed been well below those of G.W. He's been nothing really but a lot of talk. Empty promises mixed with outright lies. The public isn't as stupid as the Obama people are hoping and of all the Republican candidates who could have succeeded, Romney was the most moderate and is the best positioned to win the presidency. He might not have been my first choice or that of a lot of conservatives, but he will be the choice of a lot of independents and he'll capture the middle which is all he's gonna need. Obama is a lefty radical compared to Romney's position along the political the spectrum. Romney successfully led one most liberal states in the union as governor for four years. Obama's policies and lack of integrity have left the country in need of a change. Incumbent advantage noted, Obama is poised to circumvent that and we could be looking at a sound win for Romney. Look at the polls since the race got down to two. Obama's trending down.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Area Man

"Romney successfully led one most liberal states in the union as governor for four years."

Yes, especially what he did with their healthcare. I hear it's very popular. Maybe the same should be done on a natio..........Oh.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
"Romney successfully led one most liberal states in the union as governor for four years."

Yes, especially what he did with their healthcare. I hear it's very popular. Maybe the same should be done on a natio..........Oh.
Obama didn't quite get that right now did he?... and now it very well might be declared unconstitutional. We need some kind of health care reform and I'm all for universal coverage - done right. Most people don't understand the details. Obama rammed his plan down everyone's throats and it was put in with some obvious holes in the design and they tried to sell it with a bunch of lies and misrepresentations. Obama and his folks simply take people for stupid.

Romney's plan for Massachusetts didn't mandate everyone to buy government health insurance, it provided disincentives for not doing so - like forfeit of one's personal tax exemption for not having insurance among other things. Romney inherited a multi-billion dollar deficit when he took office in Mass and ran surpluses for his last 2 years in office. Given that the state went back to running deficits after he left office, he struck a balance there of raising money through licensing fees (basically equivalent to excise taxes) and cutting state spending to achieve his deficits. His whole time in office the state legislature was (and still is) a large majority Democrat. So he had to deal across the aisle on everything. Even with the state leg overturning a lot of his initiatives, and Romney's only power sometime being the veto, he got a lot done for Mass in his 4 years and handed Patrick a state in much better shape financially than it was in when Romney took office.

Romney isn't the conservative dream, but he's what this country needs right now, Obama was never what it needed... he just misrepresented himself as being what the country needed and he's still doing it because he's really got nothing else but more misrepresentation to offer.

Last edited by mezz; 05-15-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:33 PM
Area Man

"Romney's plan for Massachusetts didn't mandate everyone to buy government health insurance, it provided disincentives for not doing so - like forfeit of one's personal tax exemption for not having insurance among other things."

Ha, ha, ha, ha........

What's the difference?

Your still punishing someone for not doing as they're told.

I'd call that a mandate.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
There is an incumbent advantage, but the candidate the Democrats put forth in 2004, John Kerry, was not ideal....
Nor is The Mittster, BTW.