Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:13 PM

Sorry, I need to curse

Can we have a thread for yelling when we just can't take it anymore? I know that cursing is frowned upon but dang it sometimes we just need to yell out loud like Lewis Black.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:34 PM

The marina/restaurant project at Stony Creek Metropark

Are you familiar with the marina/restaurant project at Stony Creek Metropark?

They bulldozed the old boat storage lot to make room for a restaurant near the boat launch. Apparently Lake St. Clair is full and the developers need new waterfront property for an Applebees or some other stupid ass restaurant chain that serves beer to wash down their cardboard food. Are you fucking shitting me Metropark Management?

You fuckers have a waterfront kitchen at the beach. It has a cashier, a warming window, and cooks and stoves in the back. And what do you do with it? You cook hot dogs, burgers, and fries. Hundreds of customers at your counter and you can't do any better? Stupid fucking managers.

What was your innovation? Adding dumbass frozen Gatorade to the menu? Really? Freezing bottles of Gatorade adds value? To what? That's a popsicle with an indestructable wrapper. Useless.

Stony Creek never needed a restaurant neat the boat launch. That's why the stupid project failed after the first scraping of land.

What Stony Creek wants, not needs, is a better menu and utility of their kitchen at the beach. Jam the frozen Gatorade bottles up the asses of the money grubbers that proposed that shit.

Community College Culinary students could fix the food situation at Stony Creek lickety split. But not if builder greed gets in their way.

I am so fucking pissed off that Americans keep trying to build more shit that I can't even stand myself.

Grrr..
Old 08-04-2018, 05:30 AM

Around here a new Appleb's is gonna be built next to a new Kroger's or similar. A mile or two further out of town down the same road from the old one that is now closed. A big mega complex on old farm land now under blacktop. Leaving behind a shopping center now pretty much vacant. That twenty years ago if that, itself replaced another shopping center closer to town empty now.
The newest Kroger sells furniture I've been told! WTF! A grocery store selling table n chairs! Big into pickup groceries. To busy to shop or tired of walking around the forty acres of store more likely, one end to the other.......in order to get everything.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:34 AM
Ready

Oh yeah. I know that store pattern. They extend the dairy and eggs way down to the end of the back wall, half a mile past all the other food, to force you to walk through the furniture section. Exercise probably good, but I hate the manipulation.
Old 08-04-2018, 04:51 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Oh yeah. I know that store pattern. They extend the dairy and eggs way down to the end of the back wall, half a mile past all the other food, to force you to walk through the furniture section. Exercise probably good, but I hate the manipulation.
They are giving away the milk and the eggs.
As to the eggs!!

The eggs should not be offered to the public...just does not taste right.
Old 08-05-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
I am feeling your pain. Menard's is another chain that has huge stores and nondescript goals for product offerings. They have lumber, plumbing, tools, books, office supplies, etc. Their stores give me vertigo because they are so perfectly awful. Even their checkout lanes are an ergonomic mess for their employees. Has a Menard ever shopped in one of their own stores? I have to wonder.

Thank you to the moderators for tolerating my expletive riddled rant about the restaurant/marina project at Stony Creek Metropark. Today I realized what made me so angry and gave me the courage to write. It was my experience with working alongside Mike Sessa and hearing him rant about the politics of Macomb Commumity College (MCC). I have to use the word "hearing" because I did not understand what Mike's frustrations were. All I knew at the time was that I was a co-op student from MCC that was working in a welding research lab where old men talked about military experience, war, and cocksuckers.

What struck me about Mike Sessa was that he was in the political fire. He was quoted as never being accused of calling the leader of MCC "intelligent". Damn. If I recall the leader was Italian and my impression was that Sessa was battling the mob in public. Sessa was swinging a big dick in this farm boy's mind's eye.

As I more calmly digest my thoughts about the Stony Creek restaurant/marina project, I think that I may be able to reach out and touch a political seed of thought about the intelligence of leadership at MCC. My first semester at MCC was a dismal failure. Social pressures persuaded me to sign up for a business class. I was miserable and the professor sensed it. At the end of the semester he behaved as a leader and asked me why I was in his class. He also asked me what I wanted to learn.

I wanted to learn electronics. Bam. The business professor said well then do that. Next semester I signed up for electronics classes and was happy as I went through them. That professor, that capitalist, had empathy which, as I think more deeply about the word, excludes him from the blindness of capitalism despite being a businessman.

Worrying about the Stony Creek restaurant/marina project has allowed me to exercise my memory and learning and try to expand my thoughts on that single weld spatter that needs to be scraped away from Macomb County. That weld spatter of a project might be the result of an empathetic disconnect between the business and culinary schools of MCC that happened a decade or two ago when MCC thought it was producing leaders. In fact the schools of MCC may have been guilty of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. If so then I begin to understand Mike Sessa's frustration with MCC leadership.

Whatever it is that Mike Sessa thought he was fighting for it apparently did not think like MCC leadership a few years ago. Whatever it is that I am fighting for it certainly does not look like a restaurant at Stony Creek Metropark.

God bless Mike Sessa. He was a pistol. Today I read that he passed away in 2016. I am beginning to feel his pain.