Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-15-2018, 10:48 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Here's the well-sourced skinny on the "shithole" meeting and the politics surrounding it.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...98a_story.html
Looks like teabum Kevin McCarthy is Dotard Trump's handler/wet nurse these days. Trump wants a DACA fix, Kevin gets wind of it and gathers up his cornpone posse and rides to the rescue.

Of course, Dotard can't keep a stable thought in his disease ridden brain for more than a couple of minutes.

So then the adults, Durbin and Graham show up to ink the compromise offer and 'Deadbeat' Donnie once again changes his mind and starts mumbling about why we don't have more blonde haired, blue eyed, square headed Norwegians wanting to immigrate to Duh' Merica.

Jesus Christ on a pogo stick, I give up.

Maybe Presiderp Drumpfenfurher will order an atomic strike on Minnesota next?
Old 01-15-2018, 10:55 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Maybe Presiderp Drumpfenfurher will order an atomic strike on Minnesota next?
Nah, two many Norwegians, Swedes and Germans there. He'll nuke Memphis.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:07 PM
Admin

Quote:
Nah, two many Norwegians, Swedes and Germans there. He'll nuke Memphis.
or Atlanta. This ol' hippie is considering buying David Frum's new book, 'Trumpocracy' and I also find myself nodding in agreement with Gerson and Jennifer Rubin, of all people, Christ almighty!

Last edited by bobabode; 01-15-2018 at 11:23 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:14 PM

Watching GOP Sen Jeff Flake confirm to Ms Amanpour that Sen Durbin’s account is exactly what he heard from attendees before it was in the news. Flake is infinitely more credible than Donny.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
It isn't racist. Trump is undoubtedly so, however, and decent people are concerned he will use his racist views to inform his policy. Decent people (which excludes Trump and his apologists) don't believe that merit is race-based, but are justifiably concerned that Trump does. In the words of conservative Michael Gerson:
There you go again. Folks will believe what they want to believe, and to support your position you go get a quote from "conservative" Gerson, glossing over the fact that Gerson is an ardent anti-Trumper. You could have stopped with your first sentence, but you chose to bury your first sentence in an anti-Trump rant.

Its apparently more important to the folks that want an immigration status quo to attack the administration attempting to modify the status quo than it is to have a debate about merit based immigration (or any changes to the current system for that matter. To me, this is a waste of time and unproductive. Trump's not going anywhere. I suspect you might have figured this out after a year. So, there's a choice to be made. Either spend the next 3 years pursuing something that isn't going to happen, or try to get some things done.

There are some opportunities with immigration. There are actual areas of agreement between both parties. For example. I think both parties want a solution to the so called Dreamers issue. No one want to see kids put at risk. But, I don't think its irresponsible to similarly prioritize border security.

I think some folks need to grow up. This includes the folks that may have made distasteful comments in the setting of a private discussion, the folks that either leaked the comments to leaked a salacious version of those comments in support of their own agenda, or folks who obsess about those alleged comments in the extreme.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:51 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Its apparently more important to the folks that want an immigration status quo to attack the administration attempting to modify the status quo than it is to have a debate about merit based immigration (or any changes to the current system for that matter.
Lying Donnie Dotard blew up the bipartisan attempt to come to a solution to the immigration problem after saying that he would sign what the attendees of the Tuesday meeting came up with. He deliberately sandbagged Durbin and Graham at the "shithole" meeting by making it crystal clear that race must be a factor in determining merit under his "merit-based" system. That is something Durbin and Graham, to their credit, simply could not abide.

With your stubborn desire to deny Trump's obvious racism, I recommend you read this history of his racist statements and actions:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...mp-racist.html

Last edited by finnbow; 01-16-2018 at 08:35 AM.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Lying Donnie Dotard blew up the bipartisan attempt to come to a solution to the immigration problem after saying that he would sign what the attendees of the Tuesday meeting came up with. He deliberately sandbagged Durbin and Graham at the "shithole" meeting by making it crystal clear that race must be a factor in determining merit under his "merit-based" system. That is something Durbin and Graham, to their credit, simply could not abide.

With your stubborn desire to deny Trump's obvious racism, I recommend you read this history of his racist statements and actions:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...mp-racist.html
Right back to it, eh Finn? Here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5lcART6TTE

None of this is relevant, of course, to the need to address border security or immigration reform, which is the point I'm making but the point you want to ignore. But you keep believing what you want to believe.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:11 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Right back to it, eh Finn? Here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5lcART6TTE

None of this is relevant, of course, to the need to address border security or immigration reform, which is the point I'm making but the point you want to ignore. But you keep believing what you want to believe.
And you continue to miss the point - Trump's insistence upon race as a determining factor in "merit-based" immigration. That's what this whole brouhaha is about, dimwit.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
And you continue to miss the point - Trump's insistence upon race as a determining factor in "merit-based" immigration. That's what this whole brouhaha is about, dimwit.
Only if you lap up as "fact" the claims of Dick Durban, dimwit. That puts you squarely in the position of believing someone who is a snake and a liar over someone who you also claim is a snake and a liar. And if that's how fragile your house of cards is built, I pity you.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:41 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Only if you lap up as "fact" the claims of Dick Durban, dimwit. That puts you squarely in the position of believing someone who is a snake and a liar over someone who you also claim is a snake and a liar. And if that's how fragile your house of cards is built, I pity you.
There is simply nobody in the history of American politics remotely as dishonest and unethical as your Dear Leader. Durbin is accused of one lie in 2013, whereas Trump has lied a documented 2,000 times in the past year.

Last edited by finnbow; 01-16-2018 at 12:45 PM.