Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-16-2023, 08:47 AM
Banned

Tennesse outlaws "adult" public shows...

Which includes "gay" public shows. Which would obviously include "gay pride" parades and festivals anywhere where any child possibly could observe it, whether any children are actually observing anything or not.

But if you're nazi or klan...you can still get your parade permit. Don't want to discourage our youngsters from Tennessee from exercising their first amendment rights to march down the street bleating, "Jews will not replace us."

Nice.

Tennessee Law Limiting ‘Cabaret’ Shows Raises Uncertainty About Drag Events

Last edited by Ike Bana; 03-16-2023 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-16-2023, 11:54 AM
Banned

Will I be labeled a "groomer" for this? I dunno...ask whell.
Old 03-16-2023, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Which includes "gay" public shows. Which would obviously include "gay pride" parades and festivals anywhere where any child possibly could observe it, whether any children are actually observing anything or not.

But if you're nazi or klan...you can still get your parade permit. Don't want to discourage our youngsters from Tennessee from exercising their first amendment rights to march down the street bleating, "Jews will not replace us."

Nice.

Maybe whatever flavor of gay they got down there in TN is airborne? You know, if you get too close it can jump from person to person. Or maybe the mere sight of it is enough to "infect" others? Can't have those neo-nazi's or Sons of the Confederacy sashaying down the boulevard no can we?
Old 03-17-2023, 10:21 AM

Quote:

Nice.

Pulaski, TN which is just south of Nashville is the birthplace of KKK. I used to be a part time resident of Nashville for about two years and had to drive to Huntsville AL once a week and Pulaski is on the way on I-65. One of the most racist areas of the US that I have been exposed to, except those in the music industry in Nashville.
Old 03-18-2023, 10:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Pulaski, TN which is just south of Nashville is the birthplace of KKK. I used to be a part time resident of Nashville for about two years and had to drive to Huntsville AL once a week and Pulaski is on the way on I-65. One of the most racist areas of the US that I have been exposed to, except those in the music industry in Nashville.
I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of the establishment Nashville music industry.

Not so sure that applies to the Americana artists however. Yes...there are not a whole lot of black artists doing "Americana", however that may say more about the available audience for the music than about the artists and the organization. For instance, here's the performance of "Our Native Daughters" Allison Russell, Amythyst Kiah, Rhiannon Giddens and Leyla McCalla at the 18th Annual Americana Honors at the Ryman in 2019. Personal note...Rhiannon Giddens makes me crazy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjd9zlSiHZM
Old 03-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of the establishment Nashville music industry.

Not so sure that applies to the Americana artists however. Yes...there are not a whole lot of black artists doing "Americana", however that may say more about the available audience for the music than about the artists and the organization. For instance, here's the performance of "Our Native Daughters" Allison Russell, Amythyst Kiah, Rhiannon Giddens and Leyla McCalla at the 18th Annual Americana Honors at the Ryman in 2019. Personal note...Rhiannon Giddens makes me crazy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjd9zlSiHZM
I get that. I saw her with the Carolina Chocolate Drops and then several times on her own (where she was even better). She's awesome. She was great in the concert at the Ryman accompanying Ken Burns' documentary series on country music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UDkIblutKI
Old 03-18-2023, 12:08 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I get that. I saw her with the Carolina Chocolate Drops and then several times on her own (where she was even better). She's awesome. She was great in the concert at the Ryman accompanying Ken Burns' documentary series on country music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UDkIblutKI
Pure country.