Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
The Ansar Beit al-Maqdis is a militant terrorist group. But it is not Al-quaida inspired. They come from the "Muslim Brotherhood", a group founded in 1928. They may share some of the same principles even, but they are not inspired by al-Quaida. To use the term "al-quaida inspired" is simply an emotional shocker to get people mad. It amounts to a lie in my book. It is a fear tactic and has no place in factual reporting. As such, I deem Fox unreliable.

I did some other checking and the article is sound(I think) otherwise.

For the record, I laugh at CNN these days. They have gone from good to bad to unbelievably absurd.
Im so sorry but they are tied to al-Quaida the Brotherhood helps fund them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Awesome analysis. Probably laziness on Fox's part though. They might like the ties to the Muslim Brotherhood better. Easier to link Obama to a group with which he tried to have some diplomatic discussion than a group whose leaders he has been eliminating.

Regards,

D-Ray
Maybe you should do some research before you assume. First off that was an AP story Fox ran. second you assumed CJ is right over Fox because you dearly wanted to believe that and the hopes to discredit something I posted.

Last edited by 4-2-7; 05-04-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:56 PM
Banned

September 2012 southern Israel cross-border attack

September 2012 southern Israel cross-border attack refers to an incident on 21 September 2012, when three Egyptian militants, who were dressed in civilian clothes, armed with two explosive belts, and carrying AK-47 rifles and RPG launchers, approached the Egypt-Israel border at an area where the Israel-Egypt barrier remained incomplete, and opened fire on a group of IDF soldiers securing the civilian workers who were constructing the border fence.
The militants began their attack when they opened fire at a small group of IDF soldiers, shooting at them from a distance of approximately one hundred meters, as they were giving water to a group of 10 illegal immigrants from Africa who were crossing the border into Israel as well.[5][6] During the incident, which was thwarted at a relatively early stage by IDF forces at the site,[7] one Israeli soldier was killed by the militants and another was moderately injured.[8] Both of the soldiers were graduates of Hesder yeshivas.[9] The three militants were killed in the ensuing gunfight, and one of them was killed by a female combat soldier from the mixed-gender Caracal Battalion.[9]
The jihadist militant group Ansar Bait al-Maqdis, an al-Qaeda-inspired militant organization based in the Sinai Peninsula, claimed responsibility for the attack.[1][2]
The border attack was the fourth cross-border incident of its kind to be carried out in a period of approximately one year, despite Egypt's attempt to eradicate militant activity in the Sinai Peninsula.[10]

The perpetrators

Two days after the attack, the jihadist militant group Ansar Beit al-Maqdes ("Partisans of Jerusalem"),[38] also known as Ansar Jerusalem, an al-Qaeda inspired[39] militant organization based in the Sinai Peninsula, claimed responsibility for the attack.
The group stated that the attack was a "disciplinary attack against those who insulted the beloved Prophet,"[3] (referring to the controversial film Innocence of Muslims which was produced in the United States and denigrated the Islamic prophet Mohammed[32]) and to "discipline the Jews for their heinous acts" alleging that Jews were involved in the creation of the film, even though they did not elaborate on how,[4] and although the actual producer of the film was a 55-year-old Coptic Christian from Egypt living in the U.S.[40][41]
The group also claimed that that the three militants who carried the attack actually infiltrated into Israel a day before the attack and remained hidden for about a day until they spotted an Israeli patrol and attacked it.[3]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septemb...-border_attack
Old 05-04-2014, 10:07 PM
Banned

December 2013 Mansoura bombing

The December 2013 Mansoura bombing occurred on the morning of Tuesday, 24 December 2013 in the Nile Delta city of Mansoura in Egypt.[1] The target was the city's security directorate building that was partially collapsed after the attack.[2] At least 16 people were killed, mostly policemen, while more than a hundred were injured, according to the Ministry of Interior.[3][4][5] No one immediately claimed responsibility for the bombing but Prime Minister Hazem Al Beblawi, on behalf of the interim government, was quick to blame the Muslim Brotherhood of being behind the attack, labeling it a "terrorist organization" for the first time since the ouster of Mohamed Morsi on 3 July earlier this year.[6][7][8] Ansar Bait al-Maqdis, an Al-Qaeda-linked group in the Sinai Peninsula, released an online statement claiming responsibility for the blast but the government sounded determined that the Muslim Brotherhood was behind it and intensified its crackdown on the organization.[9][10] The incident is now widely believed by many to be a turning point in the nation's history as the future of both the Islamists and Egypt's stability remain shadowed and unclear with several violent clashes and other bombings taking place across the country following its ban.[11][12]

Responsibility

Ansar Bait al-Maqdis, which is currently engaged in an armed confrontation with the government in the lawless regions of the Sinai, has released an online statement claiming responsibility for the bombing and identified the name of the perpetrator as Abu Mariam. In the statement they threatened the government forces to "quit their service in the militias of [Defense Minister Abdel Fattah] al-Sisi and [Interior Minister] Mohamed Ibrahim, and learn from the fate of their colleagues [who were killed in the incident]."[23] Another comment by the group on an Islamist forum read:
“Your brothers in Ansar Bait Al-Maqdis, with the grace of God, were able to target the Dakahlia police headquarters”[24]
They have also called several times on the country's security forces before the incident to abandon their positions or "face death" at the hands of its fighters and were responsible for several previous terrorist attacks in the Sinai Peninsula.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decembe...nsoura_bombing
Old 05-04-2014, 10:11 PM
Banned

January 2014 Cairo bombings

Claims of responsibility

Ansar Beit al-Maqdis, a group affiliated to Al-Qaeda, claimed responsibility for all the bombings, saying in a statement, "We tell our dear nation that these attacks were only the first drops of rain, so wait for what is coming up."[7][3] A group called Egypt's Soldiers took responsibility for the blast near the metro station.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January...Cairo_bombings
Old 05-04-2014, 10:16 PM
Banned

2014 Taba bus bombing

Responsibility

The day following the bombing, the Sinai-based jihadist group Ansar Bait al-Maqdis claimed responsibility for the attack in a statement released on jihadist forums.[4] In the statement, Ansar declared, "One of the heroes of Ansar Beit al-Maqdis carried out the attack on a tourist bus heading towards the Zionist entity (Israel)." The group said the attack was "part of our economic war against this regime of traitors ... which kills the innocent, destroys houses, ransacks properties and lays waste to land on the border with the Zionist enemy".[5]
On February 18, an affiliated Twitter account of Ansar told tourists to leave Egypt by February 20 or else they would be attacked.[6]

Egyptian Islamist groups, including the Muslim Brotherhood, al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya and the National Alliance to Support Legitimacy, condemned the attack
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Taba_bus_bombing
Old 05-05-2014, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post

Maybe you should do some research before you assume. First off that was an AP story Fox ran. second you assumed CJ is right over Fox because you dearly wanted to believe that and the hopes to discredit something I posted.
I have to call you on this one. First I never said "tied", I said inspired, just as the link(which was to fox btw) to the story you posted said. In fact, I think the Muslim Brotherhood "may" have inspired al-Qaida. Lets be exact on our details here.

Second, the response above in red was completely and totally uncalled for. It was rude and unproductive. D-Ray said nothing about discrediting you in anyway. That was a spin YOU put in framed as an attack on him. I respectfully ask you back up and examine why you did this.
Thank you.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post

The brotherhood funds them, this is what I mean. The brotherhood is not inspired by al-Qaida, but rather supports them. These are two different things. Is it the cart then the horse or the horse and then the cart? Using "al-Qaida" is done, IMHO, simply because the American people know the term and hate it. It is used as a way to capture the audience. It is less than exact in accuracy though.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:12 AM
Area Man

What oppressive and tyrannical regime?

Dave
Old 05-05-2014, 09:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
The Ansar Beit al-Maqdis is a militant terrorist group. But it is not Al-quaida inspired.

They come from the "Muslim Brotherhood", a group founded in 1928.

They may share some of the same principles even, but they are not inspired by al-Quaida. To use the term "al-quaida inspired" is simply an emotional shocker to get people mad. It amounts to a lie in my book. It is a fear tactic and has no place in factual reporting.

As such, I deem Fox unreliable.
Quote:
I have to call you on this one. First I never said "tied", I said inspired, just as the link(which was to fox btw) to the story you posted said. In fact,

I think the Muslim Brotherhood "may" have inspired al-Qaida. Lets be exact on our details here.

Second, the response above in red was completely and totally uncalled for. It was rude and unproductive. D-Ray said nothing about discrediting you in anyway. That was a spin YOU put in framed as an attack on him. I respectfully ask you back up and examine why you did this.
Thank you.
Quote:
The brotherhood funds them, this is what I mean.

The brotherhood is not inspired by al-Qaida,
but rather supports them. These are two different things. Is it the cart then the horse or the horse and then the cart?

Using "al-Qaida" is done, IMHO, simply because the American people know the term and hate it. It is used as a way to capture the audience. It is less than exact in accuracy though.
Ok to start far too many contradiction and word semantics but that's ok.
In my search I could only find one reference linking Ansar Beit al-Maqdis to the Muslim Brotherhood. If you have anything please link it otherwise it's just your opinion. And what I found below was a person with a bone to pick.

Ansar Bait al-Maqdis (ABM, Arabic: أنصار بيت المقدس‎,or Supporters of the Holy House) (also known as Ansar Jerusalem, meaning "Supporters of Jerusalem")[4][5] is an active militant group that has been operating in the Sinai Peninsula[6] since the overthrow of Egyptian Revolution of 2011, with its operations increasing in the wake of the overthrow of Mohammed Morsi in July 2013.[2]
The group is believed to be the main group behind the militant activity in the Sinai.[7] The group recruits Bedouins as well as other Egyptians and people of other nationalities.[7] Nabil Na'eem, a former member of Egyptian Islamic Jihad, has claimed that the group is funded by the Muslim Brotherhood's deputy chairman Khairat al-Shater.[8] Ten leaders from the group were reported to have escaped from the Sinai to Gaza and Marsa Matrouh in late 2013.[9] It was designated as a terrorist organization by the US State Department on 9 April 2014.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ansar_Bait_al-Maqdis

You must have a bone to pick also with the desire to run the talking point (Fox Lies).

Again Fox ran a news report from, Published May 04, 2014 Associated Press CAIRO.

As did all these other world news source. They are not all the same incedent but all refer to Al-Qaeda-inspired terrorist group Ansar Beit Al-Maqdis claimed responsibility.

http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2014/0...inai-bombings/

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/article...aspx?id=216404

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Mid...#axzz30qi5UsPe

http://www.timesofisrael.com/militan...sinai-attacks/

http://www.timesofisrael.com/attacks...idential-vote/

Now none of this was the intention of the post but the direction you want to take it for what ever reason.

My though was a terrorist group pointing their finger at a Regime being "Oppressive".
"The group urged the Egyptian people to "rebel against this oppressive and tyrannical regime" and not resort only to peaceful opposition movements."
Old 05-05-2014, 09:55 AM

I say take off the gloves and start taking out all of these militia camps Fuck their Rights,they dont follow them,America has too much emphasis on protocal and poliicy.use the patriot act like it was meant,any and all anti-American factions of a terrorist nature will be anihalated.we can use some population subtraction right about now.