Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-23-2014, 03:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
If a right wing fellow gets in my face about how the Jews are entitled to do anything they want to anybody in or around Israel, I won't go easy on them.
But you and I both know the intensity of the reaction is just never quite the same. And nobody got in your face. It just feels like it because it's coming from a fellow progressive, so let's not get all over-emotional about it, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
We have an anecdote in this thread about how happy the Israelis are for third parties to come to the aid of the Palestinians.
I have anecdotes about all sorts of shit. They don't mean much, which is why they're called "anecdotes" and treated as such.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:18 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Don't feel guilty pete. Everybody blames the Jews.
Not everybody Ike. Personally I see these unguided rocket attacks out of Gaza as the same shit the Nazi's pulled on England, terror attacks for lack of a better analogy. I sure hope that Hamas runs out of them before the IDF gets really fuckin' mean. Shalom, my friend.

Interesting bit of dissent from former IDF members. http://www.washingtonpost.com/postev...serve/?hpid=z3

Last edited by bobabode; 07-23-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:28 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Look man...it's personal for me.
Which is why you are 100% incapable of objective thought on this issue.

Your apologism is an embarrassment.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Which is why you are 100% incapable of objective thought on this issue.

Your apologism is an embarrassment.
Like I give a shit for your 2 cent assessment.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 07-23-2014 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Not everybody Ike. Personally I see these unguided rocket attacks out of Gaza as the same shit the Nazi's pulled on England, terror attacks for lack of a better analogy. I sure hope that Hamas runs out of them before the IDF gets really fuckin' mean. Shalom, my friend.

Interesting bit of dissent from former IDF members. http://www.washingtonpost.com/postev...serve/?hpid=z3

OK thanks. But like I said...it's personal for me.

And I suppose I might say something about that as well. I'm pretty sure I disclosed a long time ago (but in case I didn't, here goes) that my hatred for firearms was instilled in me long ago. A hot August Friday night in 1962 when, after leaving the blonde's house after our date, I dropped in to see one of my best friends from high school who's parents were away for a couple of days. Found him on the floor in the kitchen with his brains blown all over the place. We were both 16 years old. The coppers never figured out who did it, and none of us thought they tried very hard. And there were three or four other gun incidents in my life, where people I cared about were killed or maimed forever. But that one that night...that was the one. So I've been pretty clear that the gun thing is personal for me. The gunners can challenge me, they can provide all their 2nd Amendment crap, and their side of the numbers and data game...but I'm typically pretty clear with them that I don't give a shit what fetid chunks come spewing out of their festering pieholes about guns...because it's personal. And of course there's not a feather ruffled on the part of my progressive brethren that my position on guns is personal.

Right up until I suggest that my attitudes about Israel are personal. Which is when I get the "...it's pretty clear you have an 'obstructed view'..." bullshit from the lefties. It's a selective accusation of an obstructed view of course. When it's about guns there's no problem with my obstructed view, but when it's Israel I'm just all fucked up in the head about it...in which case, my progressive brethren can take a long walk off a short pier. Including Zeke and his petulant bullshit.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:36 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Quote:
Including Zeke and his petulant bullshit.
That you cannot rationally disprove because you are -- apparently -- incapable of analytical thought.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
That you cannot rationally disprove because you are -- apparently -- incapable of analytical thought.
Like the stellar analytical thought that got you to your Israeli Jews are nazis assessment. You're just another punk-ass closeted Jew basher Zeke. And not closeted quite so well actually. But I get it...Israel can "suck it"...and so can you, high noon at 55th and 5th Avenue.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:04 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Quote:
Like the stellar analytical thought that got you to your Israeli Jews are nazis assessment. You're just another punk-ass closeted Jew basher Zeke. And not closeted quite so well actually. But I get it...Israel can "suck it"...and so can you, high noon at 55th and 5th Avenue.
So, really, you've got nothing?

Embarrassing.

Not a SHRED of actual ability to reason (from you)...
Old 07-23-2014, 06:07 PM
Ready

Quote:
It's always been about anti-Semitism. Right from the beginning.
What is 'it?"

And how do you know 'it' has always been about anti-Semitism?

Quote:
I have a problem with the notion of excusing the behavior or terrorists as anything else.
What does 'excuse' mean. Why is whether someone is 'excused' or 'damned,' in your perception, by third parties, such a big freaking deal, that you have a problem with it?

Quote:
It will all end when the Islamic militants and radicals decide to let it end. But they won't ever let it end, because for them the rest of the world is full of godless infidels.
In other words, the Palestinians are not like other people. They are crazy, dangerous, it's what they are, they cannot change.

Fair restatement? If not, why not?
Old 07-23-2014, 06:21 PM
Ready

Quote:
But you and I both know the intensity of the reaction is just never quite the same. And nobody got in your face. It just feels like it because it's coming from a fellow progressive, so let's not get all over-emotional about it, eh?
Ike, The claim 'it's personal to me' is a claim of privilege. It seems to mean, 'I'm right, no matter what. I don't have to prove I'm right, and all your arguments are automatically wrong.'

That's what is in my face. The 'intensity' of counter-argument is sort of because I find this claim provocative. But I'm not meaning to be personal, any more than I can help it when you've declared it's all personal....

Quote:
I have anecdotes about all sorts of shit. They don't mean much, which is why they're called "anecdotes" and treated as such.
It's easy and pleasant to be able to dismiss information one doesn't like as 'anecdotal.' But I've heard 'many' anecdotes like that (more than three). Your dismissal may be a bit too quick and easy. Could it be?