Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:55 PM

What do the words Left and Right mean?

What do the words Left and Right mean to you?

When I started voting I thought that right meant right and left meant wrong. Yes, I was that dumb.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:00 AM
Resident octogenarian

Probably applied by some smartass as in certain circles, such as opthalmology, they use right for right eye and sinister for the left eye. Recall that for years the schools would try to force left handed children to write with their right hand.

Of course since each side of the body is controlled by the opposite side of the brain the left handed people can say they are the only ones in their right mind.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Admin

I'm ambidextrous.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Jigsawed

I guess so************************ts and bolshevicks were were sinister and evil people.

Latin: SINISTER - on the left, unlucky.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:37 PM

It was a few years ago that I finally learned the history of left and right. My understanding now is that it goes back to the French Revolution. At the time their leadership was divided between those that favored the monarchy (rich or 1%) and those that favored the workers (poor or 99%). The issues of the day became so divisive that the politicians clustered on separate sides of the aisle in their parliament. The pro-monarchy people sat on the right side and the pro-workers sat on the left side. Hence we still use the phrases right side and left side of the aisle. I think even in the U.S. the Republicans sit on the right and the Democrats sit on the left when facing the bench.

A thought that has been rolling around my head with regard to Ayn Rand and the rise of out-of-control capitalism is the question of how we got here. Recall that the racket started on the right with Ronald Reagan and deregulation and lower taxes. They quickly caught on and derided it as voodoo economics. After that the left started up with Al Gore and his NAFTA push, which was the first step in the globalism/New World Order craze. The old right still tried to hang on to sanity through Ross Perot but didn't have enough numbers. Bill Clinton ended up winning that election and deregulated the banks which let the animals loose. After that the push moved back to the right and scared voters into joining them for fear of angry teenagers aka terrorists. Of course by that time the old right had been replaced with the new right, aka neocons.

There's a big game afoot and it's coming out of NYC.

I just got back from a business trip. On the way I met an Italian national. He said that Italians are just as frustrated as we are. All of their high-brand goods such as Gucci, etc, are also being made in China and their workers have also been displaced. I saw the same thing in Germany.

Whoever is behind this globalism project needs to make it work. My hunch, of course, is that it's not supposed to work at all. Instead it is designed to cause strife. When that happens the people that caused the strife will step up with an ultimate solution that they have prepared.

Left and Right. What's old is new again. Maybe we need to go full circle and urge someone to re-explain the Enlightenment.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:35 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post

I just got back from a business trip. On the way I met an Italian national. He said that Italians are just as frustrated as we are. All of their high-brand goods such as Gucci, etc, are also being made in China and their workers have also been displaced. I saw the same thing in Germany.

Whoever is behind this globalism project needs to make it work. My hunch, of course, is that it's not supposed to work at all. Instead it is designed to cause strife. When that happens the people that caused the strife will step up with an ultimate solution that they have prepared.

Left and Right. What's old is new again. Maybe we need to go full circle and urge someone to re-explain the Enlightenment.
What is the NYC game about?

Globalism has worked. It has lifted millions out of dire poverty.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
What is the NYC game about?

Globalism has worked. It has lifted millions out of dire poverty.
What? Are you brain dead?
Old 04-13-2013, 05:40 AM

Shut off welfare and turn off the printing presses see how the system performs. It's an illusion.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:33 AM
Area Man

Quote:
It was a few years ago that I finally learned the history of left and right. My understanding now is that it goes back to the French Revolution. At the time their leadership was divided between those that favored the monarchy (rich or 1%) and those that favored the workers (poor or 99%). The issues of the day became so divisive that the politicians clustered on separate sides of the aisle in their parliament. The pro-monarchy people sat on the right side and the pro-workers sat on the left side. Hence we still use the phrases right side and left side of the aisle. I think even in the U.S. the Republicans sit on the right and the Democrats sit on the left when facing the bench.

A thought that has been rolling around my head with regard to Ayn Rand and the rise of out-of-control capitalism is the question of how we got here. Recall that the racket started on the right with Ronald Reagan and deregulation and lower taxes. They quickly caught on and derided it as voodoo economics. After that the left started up with Al Gore and his NAFTA push, which was the first step in the globalism/New World Order craze. The old right still tried to hang on to sanity through Ross Perot but didn't have enough numbers. Bill Clinton ended up winning that election and deregulated the banks which let the animals loose. After that the push moved back to the right and scared voters into joining them for fear of angry teenagers aka terrorists. Of course by that time the old right had been replaced with the new right, aka neocons.

A coworker of mine didn't believe me when I described the dire economic situation Japan has been in for the last couple decades, until he went home and started researching it himself. He thought because the Japanese were such hard workers (and largely non-union), that their bosses loved them and wanted to take care of them. He knows better now. The Japanese worker has gotten screwed even harder than we have.

I believe the whole outsourcing thing was a deliberate plan to force workers in the first world, not just union workers in non-Right to be the Bosses Bitch States, but all of us, to our knees. To break our bad habit of standing up for ourselves, show us the "only" way to keep food in our bellies and be ever thankful to the "Lord" for whatever table scraps the Plutocrats feel like tossing us. Oh, and of course, we must learn the golden values of conformity, maleability and subservience.

See, Fellas. They can let you keep your damn peashooters and take your freedom anyways. No stormtrooper is coming to kick in your doors. They don't have to. All they have to do is lay you off for a couple years, starve you for cash for a while. Sooner, or later you'll be more than happy to take whatever low wage shit job they offer you. And have you feeling "blessed" to have it...................You putz.

But, you still don't see it, do you?

Have a Great Day!

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 04-13-2013 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:19 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
What? Are you brain dead?
Millions of Chinese!