Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Unemployment Line

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:05 AM
Jigsawed

Abuse of H-1b visas: Disney reverses under scrutiny.

Disney under the search light reverses plan to replace tech employees with outsourced workers.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...617-story.html
Old 11-13-2015, 11:39 AM
Resident octogenarian

I came in on an H1B and my sponsor had to prove there was no citizen who possessed the skillset. As I was one of twenty people knowledgeable about an emerging standard that was not hard. I am surprised they are allowed ro get away with this.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:54 AM

Don, in reading your posts to PC I've come to the conclusion that you believe immigration, to be a net negative overall. Virtually all your posts recently have touched on some aspect of immigration and your opinion of it has always been negative and even alarmist.

Do I have this right? If so, why do you feel as you do?
Old 11-13-2015, 01:25 PM

This has nothing to do with immigration...just corporate greed from a company awash in cash. Disney and other companies are hiring sub-contractors (American companies) who then supply disposable labor that does not have the right to organize or probably even stay in the country once there employment is over. In other words Disney is paying Cognizant to supply cheap labor without having to give them benefits since they work for Cognizant. Who knows what kind of benefits Cognizant gives to their employees from India. Sounds like the Amazon warehouse model of disposable labor practices. The immigrants in this case are legal, and it is American companies cutting corners to make an extra buck by not having to pay American wages and benefits to actual American workers.

Last edited by icenine; 11-13-2015 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:26 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Don, in reading your posts to PC I've come to the conclusion that you believe immigration, to be a net negative overall. Virtually all your posts recently have touched on some aspect of immigration and your opinion of it has always been negative and even alarmist.

Do I have this right? If so, why do you feel as you do?
I applauded Ronald Reagan when he gave amnesty to millions of illegals. It was the right thing to do.

After that I was turned off by the attitude of illegals who felt they have a right to kick in doors. I think they sense that their increasing numbers can intimidate politicians.

Lately I have a lot of sympathy for citizens especially seniors, who suddenly find their little corner overwhelm by illegals. They feel powerless.

I believe in legal and controlled immigration. However the H1-B visas been severely abused by unscrupulous employers to the detriment of American workers. The Indians who benefit significantly from this type of visa have organized a loud lobby.

I am alarmed at what is happening in Europe. Thousands of people from conflict zones enter, pushed down borders and demand freeway to Germany/Sweden. Most of these enter under minimum or no vetting.

I repeat Frau Merkel is dumb.