Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Unemployment Line

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-27-2018, 02:11 PM
Area Man

The Trumpist Cult and its Zombies

I now have acquaintances and friends in Ohio who have LOST their jobs recently, but still think Trump is saving them from something. From what, I don't know but, they're all busy making excuses for that piece of shit. One is is a man on SSDI who called me a "......so************************t libtard that just wants to suck the government teat all your life." Then accused me of "hating America"...…. I recently found out that I am considered a combat veteran* and other than military paychecks and tax refunds I have never drawn a single penny from the government. NOT ONE. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING he writes reads like it was written by Trump himself. He's a walking parakeet library of MAGA slogans. That son of a bitch is lucky I don't drive up there just to choke his dumb ass. I have come to absolutely despise braindead sock puppets like him.

(*I was involved in the bombing of Beirut after the Marine barracks attack. I don't really think of it as the same as the guys who were in the middle of it, as I was a few hundred miles off shore. But, Congress seems to think it counts, so I guess it does, technically.)
Old 05-27-2018, 02:57 PM

I will admit it freely and in black and white. Have little to do with people I have known for 2/3's of my life anymore. Just because they are drinking the kool aid of their master! Don't need the aggravation, they seem to be pissed off all the time too? Makes no sense and I really don't care to find out why anymore.
Old 05-27-2018, 03:11 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
I will admit it freely and in black and white. Have little to do with people I have known for 2/3's of my life anymore. Just because they are drinking the kool aid of their master! Don't need the aggravation, they seem to be pissed off all the time too? Makes no sense and I really don't care to find out why anymore.
The cognitive dissonance is breath taking, Barney. I've blocked a bunch of people on FB and hesitate to speak to certain coworkers and relatuves anymore unless I absolutely have to. It's truly sad.....
Old 05-27-2018, 03:40 PM

I don't post on FB or click likes dislikes at all. Pulled all pictures and even the one for my profile. Refuse friend of a friend requests. Not much into the whole "hear I'm, look at me" BS!
Old 05-27-2018, 08:39 PM
Ready

Trump is their hero. They will not believe ill of him, they will instead believe ill of anyone who says against him. It's tribal, to use the usual euphemism that means it's racial. People always said America was liable to go for 'the man on the white horse' if things got rough. Things didn't have to get very rough.

Of course only a minority actually went for him and he won ugly, but he's in, and it may get truly ugly before it's all over.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:42 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Trump is their hero. They will not believe ill of him, they will instead believe ill of anyone who says against him. It's tribal, to use the usual euphemism that means it's racial. People always said America was liable to go for 'the man on the white horse' if things got rough. Things didn't have to get very rough.

Of course only a minority actually went for him and he won ugly, but he's in, and it may get truly ugly before it's all over.
Well, you do realize that what we Americans now consider "hardship" or "tyranny" is a joke to the rest of the world, right? We live in a country with idiots who think dialing "1 for English" is oppression and being told it's not good to go around calling people "ni**er" is a violation of their 1st Amendment rights. And God help you if you suggest that doing so makes them racist.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:42 AM

I had a handyman work in my house for a couple of days. On the second day he started to talk politics with me (I was his helper) and told him politely that I read a lot, do not watch TV or listen to radio and am reasonably well informed. That did not deter him, he continued to talk about current state of affairs and what a bang up job Trump was doing. Of course, it was all about how Trump was righting all the bad that Obama had done. I let all this this pass and in the end asked what his source of information was.

Limbaugh, Hannity, Michael Savage. Just about every wingnut on Frightwing radio.
He proudly mentioned that he avoids TV because of the likes of CNN and MSNBC.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:48 AM

I just avoid dealing with folks on this without abandoning my opposition to the Nazification of the country. Seeing our historical fantasy of denial become our overt identity is heartbreaking. We were never really what we purported ourselves to be, but the likely hood of becoming something much better has faded with the election of the ultimate ugly American for the ugly American constituency. This is not my "normal" and it will never be acceptable as a source of pride as such.
That is what I resist, and why.

Last edited by Pio1980; 05-28-2018 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:57 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
I just avoid dealing with folks on this without abandoning my opposition to the Nazification of the country. Seeing our historical fantasy of denial become our overt identity is heartbreaking. We were never really what we were perported to be, but the likely hood of becoming something much better has faded with the election of the ultimate ugly American for the ugly American constituency. This is not my "normal" and it will never be acceptable as a source of pride as such.
Nazification?
Old 05-28-2018, 10:47 AM