Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Unemployment Line

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:26 PM
Jigsawed

Finland experiment: Basic income for the unemployed.

2000 unemployed Finns in a pilot scheme will receive a monthly income of 560 Euros even if they find work.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...for-unemployed
Old 01-04-2017, 01:47 PM

I wonder what it costs to live there. Is that enough money for food and shelter?
Old 01-04-2017, 02:03 PM
Persona non grata

This is a good start. Automation and robotics are replacing the need for workers more and more with each passing year. As a result we have a glut of potential labor which is marginalizing more and more of our population.

We need to get used to he concept of paying people not to work to prevent labor surpluses just as we have paid farmers not to grow certain crops to prevent commodity surpluses.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:16 PM
Jigsawed

Damn! Gas!

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-livin...ountry=Finland
Old 01-04-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
This is a good start. Automation and robotics are replacing the need for workers more and more with each passing year. As a result we have a glut of potential labor which is marginalizing more and more of our population.

We need to get used to he concept of paying people not to work to prevent labor surpluses just as we have paid farmers not to grow certain crops to prevent commodity surpluses.
We need to grow up and realize we cannot breed our way into prosperity. We need to have laws restricting breeding by humans.

More people = fewer jobs to go around and lower pay, higher prices for everything due to higher demand, scarcer resources cause we're using them all up. It's only going to get worse. On top of it many city infrastructures are bursting from overuse with no way to expand, and no money to expand (because a certain segment of society refuses to pay taxes)

Humans aren't the smartest of animals.

Last edited by MrPots; 01-04-2017 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:35 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
We need to grow up and realize we cannot breed our way into prosperity. We need to have laws restricting breeding by humans.

More people = fewer jobs to go around and lower pay, higher prices for everything due to higher demand, scarcer resources cause we're using them all up. It's only going to get worse. On top of it many city infrastructures are bursting from overuse with no way to expand, and no money to expand (because a certain segment of society refuses to pay taxes)

Well at least we still agree on something Potter. Human beings are fucking themselves out of a place at the table. And as a species, we're too dumb to do anything about it. China's one child policy is probably the smartest thing any government has ever done. Yet if dare to say it here you will get pig piled in a heartbeat.

The great thinning of the herd is coming, but it won't be by us. Mama nature is going to do it for us.

Last edited by Tom Joad; 01-04-2017 at 04:44 PM.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:44 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:

The white people need to breed or they will soon be a curiosity.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:21 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
The white people need to breed or they will soon be a curiosity.
Mixed race couples among the younger people are getting commonplace around here and in Florida where I recently moved from. I figure that in a couple more generations the majority race will look like Derek Jeeter, Tiger Woods, or Barack Obama.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post

This we agree on!

I have been thinking a tax on automation and robotics would be a start. The tax to be used for training and support of workers affected.

Barney
Old 01-04-2017, 05:27 PM

Quote:

The problem here who decides the breeding pairs?

If society would just educate the use of birth control and quit the war on sex for fun. It is going to happen, get over it and have a plan.

Barney