Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Unemployment Line

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-18-2017, 10:15 AM

So, we're finally back to full employment, thanks to 8 years of rational leadership and restraints by the federal government on Wall Street and the big banks; restraints the current regime wants to remove, sigh.

Trump's nonsense about bringing back manufacturing jobs is simply not supported by facts. US manufacturing is at new high, but manufacturing jobs just keep being replaced by robots. Nothing Trump says is supported by facts, yet his minions still support him. When will they learn?

http://www.businessinsider.com/there...ng-jobs-2017-3
Old 03-18-2017, 10:20 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
So, we're finally back to full employment, thanks to 8 years of rational leadership and restraints by the federal government on Wall Street and the big banks; restraints the current regime wants to remove, sigh.

Trump's nonsense about bringing back manufacturing jobs is simply not supported by facts. US manufacturing is at new high, but manufacturing jobs just keep being replaced by robots. Nothing Trump says is supported by facts, yet his minions still support him. When will they learn?

What restraints did the Federal government put on Banks and WS during the Obama administration?
Old 03-18-2017, 10:22 AM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodd...Protection_Act
Old 03-18-2017, 10:30 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
Sound exactly like the Chinese factory model.
Becoming more and more like the standard.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:12 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68custom View Post
there is a big window manufacturer near me that will require you work at least 60 hours a week, and I mean nonstop every second work with 2-10 minute breaks and a half hour lunch. they will charge you $8 for 50 cents worth of lettuce (salad)and they have their own DRs office like a work camp! you will also be expected to lift 150 pounds repeatedly all day long. people there think they are lucky cause those SOBs are paying them $10 an hour. I did it for 3 weeks before I told em to go to hell. as a union job this would be a $20 dollar an hour job or more easily. did I mention that recently some Chinese investors bought a huge chunk of said company? Obama's helped but the economy is still kinda shitty for regular folks.
Yep. The crazy thing is that people blame Obama for that, but what indication is there that this would be ANY different under the party that thinks businessmen have a right to be pricks, free of governmental or union interference?

I'm thinking this is the world Trump has promised these people in his attempt to bring manufacturing back. However, when it comes to the point that a manufacturing job is just as shitty as any other low wage, near-slave labor job........... What is the point in bringing them back?
Old 03-18-2017, 05:13 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Becoming more and more like the standard.
Yes, it is.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:18 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post

Yeah, I heard that. What did he say? Something like 65,000 manufacturing jobs "saved" in the last month? I don't even have to look to know that is straight up bullshit. But, you're right. The starry-eyed automatons eat it up like candy.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:17 AM
Resident octogenarian

Since manufacturers are replacing human workers with robots they should pay taxes on those robots to replace the taxes the workers would have paid to the IRS.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:45 PM

With all the cuts in the proposed budget.... Seems to me Trump is getting rid of more jobs than he is creating.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:27 AM

The modern American standard of employment:

Get up at an unnatural hour of the morning, choke down breakfast, rush to work and work hard, non-stop all day to make someone else rich, take home just enough cheese to stay out of poverty but not enough to ever get ahead or even take a vacation, go to sleep. Repeat every day of your miserable life.