Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-25-2018, 02:06 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Show me exactly where the owner stated that she was acting based on religious principles.

http://time.com/5320482/sarah-huckab...ia-restaurant/
The restaurant owner said she did it to "uphold her morals." Last time I checked, oppressing minorities and the poor, lying, stealing and adultery were all considered immoral by Christianity (and all other world religions) and are specifically addressed in the Bible. Conversely, gay marriage isn't specifically addressed in the Bible. The restaurant owner shouldn't need to say a specific buzzword for you to realize that Trump's words and deeds are profoundly immoral, as is lying in his defense.

Last edited by finnbow; 06-25-2018 at 02:28 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:23 PM
Rational Anarchist

I'm not religious, but my Christian friends tell me that if there's a heaven I'll get in. Although he claims to be a Christian, I don't want to be a member of a club that let's the likes of Trump in. The path to heaven is a how you live the journey, not a what you believe in. Politics is a fairly immoral business if you ask me and it's a bit absurd/bizarre watching people point moral fingers at each other over what are essentially political issues. However I think the Republicans, with or without Trump and with or without the decent members, are less moral than the Democrats.

Last edited by nailer; 06-25-2018 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
I'm not religious, but my Christians friend tell me that if there's a heaven I'll get in. Although he claims to be a Christian, I don't want to be a member of a club that let's the likes of Trump in. The path to heaven is a how you live journey, not a what you believe one.
Evangelicals believe they can lead their lives in any disgusting way they wish, so long as they are “born again”, which ensures them a spot in heaven. Pretty convenient, as most of their leadership is vile.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The restaurant owner said she did it to "uphold her morals." Last time I checked, oppressing minorities and the poor, lying, stealing and adultery were all considered immoral by Christianity (and all other world religions) and are specifically addressed in the Bible. Conversely, gay marriage isn't specifically addressed in the Bible. The restaurant owner shouldn't need to say a specific buzzword for you to realize that Trump's words and deeds are profoundly immoral, as is lying in his defense.
Oh come on finn...the owner of the Red Hen is probably some fucking Buddhist. That doesn't count as religious conviction in this country.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:40 PM
Ready

Quote:
I'm not religious, but my Christians friend tell me that if there's a heaven I'll get in. Although he claims to be a Christian, I don't want to be a member of a club that let's the likes of Trump in. The path to heaven is a how you live journey, not a what you believe one.
Just about all Christian denominations officially hold that if you don't believe, you're going to hell. They've got a lot of scripture on it, here's an example:
Quote:
...but he that believeth not shall be damned. [Mark 16:16]
Old 06-25-2018, 02:42 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

(The restaurant owner) first consulted with her staff, several members of which were gay and were angry at the administration’s policies in that regard, and everyone was outraged by what was going on at the border. Wilkinson then took a vote on whether or not to serve Sanders. When the staff voted not to do so, she politely informed Sanders and her party that they would not be eating at the Red Hen that night. She even comped them the cheese plates they’d already ordered.

She did not use an official government Twitter account to discuss the episode, as Sanders did later. She did not use the power of the Oval Office to try and destroy someone’s business, as the president found time to do later. She asked the staff what they wanted to do. She took a vote. She abided by their wishes. If there’s a more civil way of saying “no” to someone, I don’t know what it would be.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...-hen-civility/

This article is a very worthy read. In short, the owner does something perfectly legal in a perfectly civilized way and the Lying Dotard and his mouthpiece go publicly ballistic with aim of destroying her business. And the Dotard's apologists are saying it is the restaurant's owner who is not being civil?

Last edited by finnbow; 06-25-2018 at 02:49 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:48 PM
Rational Anarchist

Pointless Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Evangelicals believe they can lead their lives in any disgusting way they wish, so long as they are “born again”, which ensures them a spot in heaven. Pretty convenient, as most of their leadership is vile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Just about all Christian denominations officially hold that if you don't believe, you're going to hell. They've got a lot of scripture on it, here's an example:
I'm just saying ...
Old 06-25-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
I'm not religious, but my Christian friends tell me that if there's a heaven I'll get in. Although he claims to be a Christian, I don't want to be a member of a club that let's the likes of Trump in. The path to heaven is a how you live the journey, not a what you believe in. Politics is a fairly immoral business if you ask me and it's a bit absurd/bizarre watching people point moral fingers at each other over what are essentially political issues. However I think the Republicans, with or without Trump and with or without the decent members, are less moral than the Democrats.
A great post that I can relate to since I too am a wandering soul. Lost interest in religion once I became an adult and practice an ethical life, society's rules rather than religious.

One of the best bumper stickers that I relate to is : "God, save me from your followers".
Old 06-25-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
As I have posted before, what this owner did was good for her morals and her business. If she did not uphold her ethics and principles regarding this episode, she would have lost the respect of her employees. To most small business employers like me, this is of utmost importance. In a restaurant, this can carry over to how they treat the customers. She has shown more class and gained more respect than the Dotard ever will. Red Hen should have a very busy summer season.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:15 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
As I have posted before, what this owner did was good for her morals and her business. If she did not uphold her ethics and principles regarding this episode, she would have lost the respect of her employees. To most small business employers like me, this is of utmost importance. In a restaurant, this can carry over to how they treat the customers. She has shown more class and gained more respect than the Dotard ever will. Red Hen should have a very busy summer season.
In addition to Lexington being a college town that overwhelmingly voted for Hillary, I think a lot of sympathetic people driving south on I-81 will make a lunch or dinner stop to support the owner have spoken out against the vile Dotard and his lying minion.