Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Auto industry
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:22 AM

I don't think it has anything to do with turn out for these clowns. It's all name recognition. Just look at Massachusetts. That dumbass Kennedy will get voted in after he's dead so long as no one tells the public. People are sheep.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:44 AM

That's always amazed me, too-When we were part of Dennison, out of Framingham, Mass, I got to know quite a few people from The People's Republic of Taxachussetts-and virtually NONE of 'em had much good to say about Teddy the Swimmer-Yet I don't think anybody even seriously bothers to run against him, either in the primaries or in the general election.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:48 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinover View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with turn out for these clowns. It's all name recognition. Just look at Massachusetts. That dumbass Kennedy will get voted in after he's dead so long as no one tells the public. People are sheep.
now that's the same Ted Kennedy that attends more fallen soldiers funerals than any other member of Congress right?

The same guy that has made a career of helping the down trodden?

I know if I was from Mass I would proudly vote for him posthumously.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
now that's the same Ted Kennedy that attends more fallen soldiers funerals than any other member of Congress right?

This I did no know.

As far as attending the funerals, I will attempt to research this. If you are correct, I will have a new found respect for him.

As far as helping the down trodden, that's pretty much a value judgment based on a generalization.

I might suggest that he's created more down trodden than he has helped. But that too would be just another conclusion based on a possible false premise.

Being a half assed empiricist, I would like to see some documentation.

But also being a realist, I will offer this concession.

He ain't all good, and he ain't all bad...he just is. There are worse people.

While I do not agree with his politics in general, I do believe that the man has enough money as to not be beholding to anyone.... therefore his motives should be pure.

Whether his actions are correct, or not, can be the basis for considerable discussion.

Give him the credit due, he almost made it to the top of the greasy pole. And while I consider him to be no more than another member of the nuvo aristrocity, much as the Bush family, they have all made it, by hook or by crook.

But I would like to see some fresh blood in the game,
Chas
Old 05-23-2009, 06:27 AM

Well, we have a particularly slimy local politico down here who made a point of attending virtually every reception & most of the funerals-it got to be a rather sick joke, because he was so transparent about his "politikatin'". If The Swimmwer was/is going to those funerals to honor the fallen soldiers, more power to him, yeah, my opinion of him might rise a bit, but if he is using it as trying to get "brownie points", then Grrrrrrrr....
Old 05-23-2009, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:

He has never once did anything that was not to further his own career. Well except murdering Kopechne. A saint the man is not...
Old 05-23-2009, 01:47 PM

JFK had a certain amount of class, as did RFK. Jack stared down the Russians over "Cuber", even if a little before the Bay of Pigs thing was pretty much of a cock-up. Bobby got right in the face of a powerful union/mafia thug, & made him squirm a bit. Teddy ? Well, he's partied like it was 1999, run thru a bunch of women, & lied like a damn rug about Chappaquiddick. And that's the stuff we know about-I've often gotten the feeling, like that with ANY party-hearty type, there's a LOT more we just never found out about. Prolly a LOT of it was harmless, but how much shite has he got away with over the years, simply because he's who he is, & has the moolah to buy everyone off ? And, you know, if it was someone from the OTHER side of the aisle, any little peccadillo at all would get trumpeted to high heaven. But, as we all know, there's absolutely no bias whatsoever in the press....Anybody here in the market for a bridge ?
Old 05-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
He has never once did anything that was not to further his own career.

Hard to believe this is true of nearly any man. Sure it's not an emotional response based on a philosophical difference?
Old 05-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
And, you know, if it was someone from the OTHER side of the aisle, any little peccadillo at all would get trumpeted to high heaven.
No i don't know that. rupert murdoch alone tends to invailidate that popular myth.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Hard to believe this is true of nearly any man. Sure it's not an emotional response based on a philosophical difference?
Quote:
No i don't know that. rupert murdoch alone tends to invailidate that popular myth.
noonereal,

We are talking about American politicians here, nothing about the Australian media mogul Murdoch. These are two different worlds of comparison. A stellar humongous difference, if I say so.

Are you sure that you are not joking in your two above posts?

There is such an extreme difference in the way that the majority of the USA news media (ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, New York Times, etc.) mollycoddle their own "people" (Democratic candidates and entrenched bureaucrats) that the alternative new media of FoxNews, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity can barely get a word in edgewise.

If the LEFT (Democrats) could have their way and bring forth the "Fairness Doctrine" in all its glory, FoxNews, Rush and Sean would be chained by the ankles and forced to break large rocks using small hammers in some Gulag Archipelago.

So much for being fair. FoxNews' "Fair and Balanced" slogan gives the LEFT (Democrats) ulcers and heartburn because it is an alternative point of view that the LEFT can not control.

Historically, the majority of the American new media have always staunchly supported and feverishly backed the Democrats, and perpetually looked the other way and made excuses when a Democrat went astray.

When a Republican falls down and skins his/her knee, the USA news media sheds the gloves, gathers up the feathers, heats the tar, picks up their GOP (Grand Old Party) rifles and goes elephant (Republican) hunting. EVERYTIME!!

The perpetually LEFT-leaning USA news media has done this for decades and decades until FoxNews, Limbaugh and Hannity came along. Now the American people have an alternative news outlet instead of the old status quo, and the Democrats can not stand it.

Now for Teddy Kennedy.

Have you read anything about Edward "Teddy" Kennedy that is in the least bit objective about this guy. At the very least, he should have a prison record and time served for negligent homicide in the death of Mary Jo Kopechne.

Sometimes, the bad outweighs the good in a person. Teddy's privileged and ingrained "If it feels good, do it" mindset while plunging headlong through life, desensitized him in his everyday social and personal interactions. Just look at his past personal life. It's a literal pig sty of boorish behavior and flaunting the law. If you don't believe it, look it up for yourself!

Teddy's egocentric personality is always at the forefront when it comes to furthering his own career. His egocentrism is a classic case of an extremely privileged upbringing (also known as Kennedy-itis).

Click on this WIKI entry for Teddy and skip down to a couples of sections boldly titled "FALL AND RISE" and the "Chappaquiddick incident" for a brief eye-opening synopsis of the senator from Massachusetts. Under the "Chappaquiddick" section, be sure to read the full paragraph containing the following two sentences:
  • Kennedy escaped the overturned vehicle and swam to safety, but Kopechne died in the car.
  • Kennedy left the scene and did not call authorities until after Kopechne's body was discovered the following day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kennedy

Last edited by SAE2922; 05-24-2009 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Add word content