Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Politics and the Environment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:10 AM
Admin

Longlasting After Effects Of The BP Oil Spill

"Deepwater Horizon oil left tuna, other species with heart defects likely to prove fatal"
"The BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill struck at the very heart of fish, a new study says. Exposed to millions of gallons of crude, young tuna and amberjack, some of the speediest predators in the ocean, developed heart defects that are likely to limit their ability to catch food.
The findings of the study, led by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, have grim implications for the future of yellowfin and bluefin tuna, as well as amberjack, that were embryos, larvae or juveniles when the spill occurred during tuna-spawning season in the northern Gulf of Mexico in April 2010."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...985_story.html

Yet, BP sued to be allowed to bid on new oil leases. They should be billed for every bit of damage they caused imo.