Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Politics and the Environment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:02 PM

Mother Natures real name

Monsanto according to the US Supreme Court.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...view_wsjlatest

Barney
Old 05-14-2013, 06:38 AM
Resident octogenarian

I guess if you have enough money even SCOTUS is for sale.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:39 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Though I'm not fond of the idea of Frankenfoods, I believe that the SCOTUS got this one right from a strictly legal POV.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:15 AM

Sorry but ever since the dawn of man's use of agriculture, farmers would save a portion for their own seed for the next year. With companies now manufacturing a manipulated genetic altered product that will freely infect other fields, there by granting them a right to a royalty. So you can have a farmer field down wind that will now be contaminated by Monsanto pollen giving them now, a right to royalties? So by your logic a farmer with Heifer calf's or Sow's like a Angeln Saddleback must pay a royalty to the developer of the breed when they have young? Your Huskey or Siamese Cat when it has a litter?

The history of agriculture is one of man's attempts to change alter plants for the betterment of all. Do you think wheat, corn were developed so a King could get richer? I think it was only after agriculture that greed arouse and a few saw a way to use it for power.

http://organicconsumers.org/monsanto/index.cfm
""Percy Schmeiser is a farmer from Saskatchewan Canada, whose Canola fields were contaminated with Monsanto's genetically engineered Round-Up Ready Canola by pollen from a nearby farm. Monsanto says it doesn't matter how the contamination took place, and is therefore demanding Schmeiser pay their Technology Fee (the fee farmers must pay to grow Monsanto's genetically engineered products). According to Schmeiser, "I never had anything to do with Monsanto, outside of buying chemicals. I never signed a contract.

If I would go to St. Louis (Monsanto Headquarters) and contaminate their plots - destroy what they have worked on for 40 years - I think I would be put in jail and the key thrown away."

Rodney Nelson's family farm is being forced into a similar lawsuit by Monsanto.

Support Schmeiser, Nelson and hundreds of other farmers who are being forced to pay Monsanto to have their fields contaminated by genetically modified organisms. ""

Barney

Last edited by Oerets; 05-14-2013 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:42 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Though I'm not fond of the idea of Frankenfoods, I believe that the SCOTUS got this one right from a strictly legal POV.
Sure but they twisted the appeal court over their rBST crap that makes cows produce more milk. It also makes then more susceptible to disease so the dairymen use more antibiotics and we get it in the milk.A Vermont dairy wanted to advertise that they did not use that shit, the court agreed with Monsanto's lawyer that the 1st also gave them the right NOT to speak. So the dairymen were not allowed to advertise their non use of rBST.

Plus they damn near killed my wife with their totally lax proceedures in handling radioactive materials at Miamisburg Ohio, the employees even launched a class action suit against them, but the AEC neglected to inform us of this the last time they called to see if she was still alive. As it turned out had they not operated she would have been dead within two months.

As far as I am concerned I would not lose sleep if Monsanto disappeared.

Barney you neglected to note that Monsanto can cheerfully invade your fields to sample the crop and there is not a damn thing you can do about it. A good thing Malthus is dead or he would be seeking royalties.

F**k Monsanto

Last edited by merrylander; 05-14-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:59 AM

My guess there were no small farmers on the court in this decision!

What's next on going payments to grass seed companies for your lawn years after use?

Barney

Last edited by Oerets; 05-14-2013 at 09:02 AM.