Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Politics and the Environment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Liberals are already on board with that. Rednecks, on the other hand - let's call them teabaggers - have been propagandized to believe that any talk of the commons is "creeping soci@lism". Moreover, they have a dominionist's view of exploiting nature that would set them squarely against most efforts to preserve the commons through regulation and/or prohibitions of use. Their attitudes and their behavior are precisely the "tragedy" to which you refer.

John
That's too many big words. You lost my redneck ass.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
That's too many big words. You lost my redneck ass.
No, I won't.

John
Old 11-23-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
No, I won't.

John
Whut?
Old 11-23-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Whut?
Meaning I won't "lose" you. You're more than perspicacious enough to apprehend what I'm attempting to put forward and, should it suit your fancy, to formulate a cogent and provocative rejoinder.

John

PS: should have said, "No, I didn't."
Old 11-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Admin

Perspicacious with a periscope, IMO.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:28 PM

I'm trying to understand what you guys are saying but in all honestly it seems like a backhanded compliment.

Rednecks are good people and they care about the environment. In fact they are the only people I have come across in the field and feeding data back to state departments of natural resources.

What value do you see in making provocation of their love of nature? They are not drama queens.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I'm trying to understand what you guys are saying but in all honestly it seems like a backhanded compliment.

Rednecks are good people and they care about the environment. In fact they are the only people I have come across in the field and feeding data back to state departments of natural resources.

What value do you see in making provocation of their love of nature? They are not drama queens.
You see? I told you! Yes, it is a compliment.

I think your choice of the term might be inapt, though. I take you to mean hunters, fishermen or outdoorsmen, right? I doubt very much that the majority of these people think of themselves as people some might call rednecks.

John
Old 11-25-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
You see? I told you! Yes, it is a compliment.

I think your choice of the term might be inapt, though. I take you to mean hunters, fishermen or outdoorsmen, right? I doubt very much that the majority of these people think of themselves as people some might call rednecks.

John
Boreas,

Where are you coming from now? It seems like you are playing word games. Whether you call them hunters, fishermen, outdoorsmen, whatever, they are the first line of feedback to state DNRs.

Be an example and make a genuine effort to see their inner beauty. Blowing sunshine up my ass does no good.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:37 PM
Admin

Ed, I'm an avid fisherman and my neck is indeed red from the many hours working in the sun. That doesn't make me a redneck in the literal sense. I can only speak for myself but perispicacious with a periscope was an allusion to your obvious smarts and sometimes round about way of getting at things. No ill feelings intended.
As to being for the environment it doesn't mean to my mind closing it off to human use. I want the thing to be husbanded for the future. Here in the desert we have some dickish folk who think they are entitled to off road everything into the ground and tear it up where ever they feel. The land doesn't heal very fast. That needs to stop. In California, the pendulum has swung to some absurd extremes of protecting every little thing because mining and logging interests have striped and pillaged for too long. I'm confident that cooler heads will prevail eventually.

As a fisherman I'm all for upholding the game laws, poachers beware. I would rat out anyone I saw taking overlimits or undersized catches or protected species.

Being green has different connotations and your jesting comment about me being a green weenie got you a redneckian tag back, no big deal. I think you may be a little too prickley but far from a true redneck, IMO. Redneck usually means racist to most folk BTW.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:41 PM

10-4

I am prickly. So are you. That's why we are here on PC and not AK.