Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Auto industry

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
Thinking back, when I left high school in the 70's the job to have was at the Ford assembly plant in St. Louis. Paying $10 per hour, it was a high paying job....

I didn't get one, but still, I lived well enough on the $4.00 an hour job I had.
The same seventies when I could fill up my bug on empty for under $3.00?

Barney
Old 02-21-2014, 02:11 PM

Yea. If wages had only increased ten fold like prices did...
Old 03-06-2014, 06:54 PM
Banned

I have Mexican friends who claim the working conditions (not pay) in Mexican plants are better than they are in most of the plants here in Az.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
I have Mexican friends who claim the working conditions (not pay) in Mexican plants are better than they are in most of the plants here in Az.
My new supervisor is a Swede. He says he can't believe how top heavy and poorly run our plant is.

He's pushing for a revamp of the maintenance system that I think will be great, but he's facing a lot of resistance from both above and below. Management doesn't want to spend any money and goofy mechanics don't want to learn new tricks.

He got them to buy us all I-pads with a maintenance system loaded in them, so that all breakdowns, material issues, planned maintenance, etc. can be tracked and analyzed to pin down recurring problems, far more efficiently than with the old paper system that was pretty much ignored.

He also wants us all to learn vibrational and heat analysis to detect equipment failures before they cause downtime.

I think it's awesome. But, we'll see how it goes. The internal politics and the resistance to change in that place are ridiculous.

Dave
Old 03-07-2014, 05:45 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post

He got them to buy us all I-pads with a maintenance system loaded in them, so that all breakdowns, material issues, planned maintenance, etc. can be tracked and analyzed to pin down recurring problems, far more efficiently than with the old paper system that was pretty much ignored.

He also wants us all to learn vibrational and heat analysis to detect equipment failures before they cause downtime.

Dave
Makes too much sense. It'll never fly.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:43 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Dave that system does sound awesome, and detecting issues before they break? Amazing.

Pete