Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-28-2018, 07:29 PM

Hey I live in a society of Men ( of course Women too) so have zero problem with showing, yes proving the responsibility in processing a lethal weapon.

I don't carry but have a license. Seemed rather silly to keep paying every 5 years for one when the life time was offered.

Barney
Old 02-28-2018, 07:39 PM
Admin

One good thing about Calitopia is if a licensed gun owner starts acting hinkey, the state will confiscate their weapons until they prove their stability. It isn't a perfect system but it's better than Floriduh or Texass by a country mile.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:44 PM

We have the Red Flag Law here.

""Indiana’s ‘red flag’ gun law is getting national attention. But does it work?""
https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ork/355132002/

BTW I live less the ten miles from downtown Derby City and so use it as a location. Just makes it easy to get a pin in the location for me.

Barney
Old 02-28-2018, 09:39 PM
Admin

Statement from Walmart.

"In light of recent events, we’ve taken an opportunity to review our policy on firearm sales. Going forward, we are raising the age restriction for purchase of firearms and ammunition to 21 years of age. We will update our processes as quickly as possible to implement this change.
In 2015, Walmart ended sales of modern sporting rifles, including the AR-15. We also do not sell handguns, except in Alaska where we feel we should continue to offer them to our customers. Additionally, we do not sell bump stocks, high-capacity magazines and similar accessories. We have a process to monitor our eCommerce marketplace and ensure our policies are applied.
We take seriously our obligation to be a responsible seller of firearms and go beyond Federal law by requiring customers to pass a background check before purchasing any firearm. The law would allow the sale of a firearm if no response to a background check request has been received within three business days, but our policy prohibits the sale until an approval is given.
We are also removing items from our website resembling assault-style rifles, including nonlethal airsoft guns and toys. Our heritage as a company has always been in serving sportsmen and hunters, and we will continue to do so in a responsible way." https://news.walmart.com/2018/02/28/...irearms-policy
Old 02-28-2018, 09:47 PM

So, every state is different.
I thought that might be the case since other gun laws seem to be different from state to state.

The red flag law seems reasonable enough, but I can imagine it has the same pitfalls as a 5150 hold.

By the way, Oerets, I lived in Indiana when I was a kid. My sister and brother still live there. Sister in Indianapolis, north of you, I think. And brother in Vincennes.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:50 PM

If we have or young loved ones over, the tubes are off or covered up.

Exposed wires dead, turntable in safe mode.

Just how are weapons different?

Gezzz take some responsibility!

I don't shop WalMart but applause this by them today. Hope this is a start to a movement towards a solution.

Barney
Old 02-28-2018, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
So, every state is different.
I thought that might be the case since other gun laws seem to be different from state to state.

The red flag law seems reasonable enough, but I can imagine it has the same pitfalls as a 5150 hold.

By the way, Oerets, I lived in Indiana when I was a kid. My sister and brother still live there. Sister in Indianapolis, north of you, I think. And brother in Vincennes.
I worked out of Indy at the Airport for many years, in Speedway. Nice area just not home.

Laws are for people who care. Those who don't are the problem!

Barney
Old 03-01-2018, 05:24 AM

https://www.cycleworld.com/2018-hond...orcycle-review
Old 03-01-2018, 06:11 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
One good thing about Calitopia is if a licensed gun owner starts acting hinkey, the state will confiscate their weapons until they prove their stability. It isn't a perfect system but it's better than Floriduh or Texass by a country mile.
Floriduh - the Stand Your Ground state.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:10 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

"Tennessee Handgun Carry Permits are issued for 3 to 7 years based on the applicant’s age. There is also a lifetime permit available."

From here...https://www.usacarry.com/tennessee_c...formation.html