Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:17 AM
Area Man

A second Cold War, anyone?

So, who here is watching the military build up in China and the upcoming Joint Exercises the Chinese and Russians plan to conduct?

I'm thinking another Cold War at least, maybe WW3. At any rate, it should definitely get everyones attention and make all the stupid shit we've been fighting over, pale in comparison.

Cliven Bundys cattle? Who cares? When Uncle Vlad shoves a nuke up your butt, you'll darn well know who our real enemies are.

I, for one, say bring it on.

Dave
Old 05-21-2014, 12:21 AM
Banned

I just said that and I'm wacko.

Yes Dave I see it I see a lot of things and we are in dire straits. So get your money for nothing and your chicks for free.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:31 AM
Area Man

Yes, but you are a wacko.

You're feverishly trying to warn us of something we already know about. Thanks, but.......meh, we'll see how it all plays out. I don't really care anymore. That's why I like living in Hampton Roads. If the Commies start lobbing nukes, we're high on the list. Once I get vaporized none of it will matter much to me, anymore. I leave this miserable life and head into the great beyond...

And, if I don't get vaporized, federal spending at the shipyards and military bases turns this place into a boomtown.

Win-Win, as I see it.

Dave
Old 05-21-2014, 12:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Yes, but you are a wacko.

You're feverishly trying to warn us of something we already know about. Thanks, but.......meh, we'll see how it all plays out. I don't really care anymore. That's why I like living in Hampton Roads. If the Commies start lobbing nukes, we're high on the list. Once I get vaporized none of it will matter much to me, anymore. I leave this miserable life and head into the great beyond...

And, if I don't get vaporized, federal spending at the shipyards and military bases turns this place into a boomtown.

Win-Win, as I see it.

Dave
You and I think a like on this one Dave. Oh my God

I'll jump in my Fairlane and drive right off California into the deep blue ocean.

I used to worry about things like this but it's a young mans game. If all hell breaks loos we can look at our lives as good times, today is good times so why wast it worrying.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:05 AM

Any who really thought the Cold War was ever over were just believing the propaganda. Countries take advantage of our openness, free exchanges of ideas and out and out greed all the time. Do any think the companies who move to China really care? They make big $$$ and are happy, until the dirty little secret get out! Then are shocked shocked that China stole their secrets!

Barney
Old 05-21-2014, 07:58 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

The hope is that we can knuckle it out in the economic sphere.

But we shouldn't count on it.

Pete
Old 05-21-2014, 08:05 AM
Jigsawed

The cold war is over in terms of ideology.

Nobody is pushing Marxist Leninist shit anymore that we have to be
afraid of the Domino Effect.

What has happened is that we chafed the Russians. We duped Gorbachev.
We did not keep our side of the agreement.

While Russia was undergoing her post soviet adjustment we tried to bring
all the former soviet satellites into NATO.

This new guy Putin saw it as a threat to encircle Russia to achieve first strike capability.

Both China and Russia sees us as wielding too much power outside our sphere of influence.

The Cold War is over but shifting and building alliances have never ceased.
It is as old as man's history.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:30 AM

As long as the US chooses to believe in other countries playing by our rules we are losing the battle. Companies and our nation citizens need to decide, do the security themselves or allow the government. Being complacent and thinking we were now friends was misplaced it now seems.

But as long as some in this country are able to make a profit transferring technology and jobs overseas. Or fail to impose strict sanctions when industrial espionage or intellectual property is stolen. We will continue to be confronting similar issues.

O BTW bet if one was to ask the citizens of China or Russia if the cold war ever ended, the answer would be NO!

Barney

Last edited by Oerets; 05-21-2014 at 08:33 AM.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:53 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
As long as the US chooses to believe in other countries playing by our rules we are losing the battle. Companies and our nation citizens need to decide, do the security themselves or allow the government. Being complacent and thinking we were now friends was misplaced it now seems.

But as long as some in this country are able to make a profit transferring technology and jobs overseas. Or fail to impose strict sanctions when industrial espionage or intellectual property is stolen. We will continue to be confronting similar issues.

O BTW bet if one was to ask the citizens of China or Russia if the cold war ever ended, the answer would be NO!
Barney
We went to China because we wanted to outfox the Soviets and take advantage of Chinese cheap labor.
What we did not count on was that China was not the usual third world country. The Chinese are pretty smart. They made agreements which forced
western countries to build entire plants in China and were quick at coping and adopting new technologies.

BTW another country which pilfer a lot of our technology is Israel.

Last edited by Dondilion; 05-21-2014 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:57 AM
Mutated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
So, who here is watching the military build up in China and the upcoming Joint Exercises the Chinese and Russians plan to conduct?

I'm thinking another Cold War at least, maybe WW3. At any rate, it should definitely get everyones attention and make all the stupid shit we've been fighting over, pale in comparison.

Cliven Bundys cattle? Who cares? When Uncle Vlad shoves a nuke up your butt, you'll darn well know who our real enemies are.

I, for one, say bring it on.

Dave
See also "Ukarine Heats Up", post #836.