Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-25-2014, 03:31 AM
Area Man

Violence in Venezuela

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/25/wo...ref=world&_r=0

One article I read alleges that the Obama administration is behind this.

Dave
Old 02-25-2014, 03:38 AM
Area Man

And, of course, to FoxNews it's all about blaming Obama......as usual.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/...-war-doctrine/

Dave
Old 02-25-2014, 07:41 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post

Dave
Those @ssholes have never met a war they didn't like.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:

Dave
I don't blame Obama he just doesn't have the kind of integrity it takes for the job that needs to be done and stand against those who are really running the country.
He is no Kennedy.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:25 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Those @ssholes have never met a war they didn't like.
"Richard Grenell is a Fox News Contributor and fellow with The Project To Restore America. He served as the spokesman for four U.S. Ambassadors to the U.N. including John Negroponte, John Danforth, John Bolton and Zalmay Khalilzad."

Considering the source, I'm not surprised.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:30 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

A couple issues with the article I have, Obama did not campaign to end the war in Afghanny, and while 'no war' might be true in the strictest sense he has shown no problems with the JSOC kill list.

Pete
Old 02-25-2014, 04:24 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
A couple issues with the article I have, Obama did not campaign to end the war in Afghanny, and while 'no war' might be true in the strictest sense he has shown no problems with the JSOC kill list.

Pete
Hmmm, as I recall he ran on ending both wars and is finally delivering on those promises. I'm always amazed by the rightie's hyperventilating over Obama's use of killer robots in the sky to assassinate alQueda operatives. I thought that kind of stuff gave the warmonging neocons a big fat woodie? No?

Must be because Obie accomplished what the neocons with trillions in treasure wasted couldn't? A watery grave in the Atlantic ocean for Osama bin Laden.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:37 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samm View Post
I don't blame Obama he just doesn't have the kind of integrity it takes for the job that needs to be done and stand against those who are really running the country.
He is no Kennedy.
I can agree with that. I had hoped for someone more like FDR. And, at first Obama seemed to have some of that fire. Oh, well. Guess not. Maybe someday................

But, I'd still sooner vote for Satan himself than vote for that Plutocratic Pig Romney.
McCain was a consideration until he hitched his car to the crazy train.

Dave
Old 02-25-2014, 04:43 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Hmmm, as I recall he ran on ending both wars and is finally delivering on those promises. I'm always amazed by the rightie's hyperventilating over Obama's use of killer robots in the sky to assassinate alQueda operatives. I thought that kind of stuff gave the warmonging neocons a big fat woodie? No?

Must be because Obie accomplished what the neocons with trillions in treasure wasted couldn't? A watery grave in the Atlantic ocean for Osama bin Laden.
Only when they do it. See when a Republican kills a couple hundred thousand people it's a glorious blessing from the Almighty himself. The last Democrat to kill so many people and get a nod from the right was Harry Truman. And even at that, I'm sure you could probably find some Limbaugh-esque loudmouth that'll claim a Republican would have done it better, somehow.

Dave
Old 02-25-2014, 08:50 PM
Admin

Quote:
Only when they do it. See when a Republican kills a couple hundred thousand people it's a glorious blessing from the Almighty himself. The last Democrat to kill so many people and get a nod from the right was Harry Truman. And even at that, I'm sure you could probably find some Limbaugh-esque loudmouth that'll claim a Republican would have done it better, somehow.

Dave
Even my community organizer, liberal Methodist minister and Democrat activist Dad wouldn't speak ill of Ike back in the day. I guess serving in the Third army, 10th AD under Patton might've had something to do with that.