Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but would not "salting" require that the employer is ready to do a heck of a lot of hiring in order to create a majority of pro union employees?
No, salts give the union a voice inside the workforce. Employers can keep union organizers off of the premises, thus restricting access to the workers. A salt overcomes this restriction, because he can talk to employees during lunch periods, before and after work and advise of union meetings and the benefits of union membership. His superior skills are also likely to give him some credibility in his advocacy of the union. So long as he does not interfere with the work of the other employees, his advocacy of the union is protected by the National Labor Relations Act.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 04-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
- coercion is not restricted to the employer in a union campaign. Lots of examples that I've seen of property damage - both the employer and fellow employees - physical intimidation, and threats of violence.
And, I have seen violence carried out against strikers. Bloody violence involving nightsticks and riot gear, instigated by local police, no less. Funny, how the press showed up to film, just before the cops arrived. Then promptly left as soon as it was over. Orchestrated effort? Sure looked that way to me. And, who could possibly have the financial where-with-all to buy the appropriate officials to set such a thing up, in a "pro-business" red state?

What was the work governor Walker used? "Troublemakers"?

Dave
Old 04-12-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
What was the work governor Walker used? "Troublemakers"?

Dave
If non-Wisconsin residents are bussed in to join the protests in WI, which ended up trashing the capitol grounds and doing about $7MM in damage to the capitol building....yeah, those would be troublemakers.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:16 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
If non-Wisconsin residents are bussed in to join the protests in WI, which ended up trashing the capitol grounds and doing about $7MM in damage to the capitol building....yeah, those would be troublemakers.
$7 MM? Holy Moly, that's a lot of trashing! What did they do, knock the friggin' building over?

But, I don't think that's the kind of "troublemakers" the asshole was referring too. His kind of troublemakers specialize in instigating violence. Nice of him to decide against it after some consideration, though. It must have violated his "Christian Family Values".

Dave