Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:00 AM
Mutated Member

"Healthy people pay for unhealthy people". Many think so in America, not only the intellectually vacuous balloon head. It is incredible but it is how it is. And as long as this bullshit blocks the common sense of so many, there will no full acceptance of the health insurance.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:21 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
No, it's like saying, "I'd like others to pitch in if I have big costs, but I don't want to pitch in for anyone else."
That's exactly what it is. And you can extend that to many things; SS, Medicare, SSDI, etc.,etc......

I have a Republican friend who posted one of those "They who do not work, shall not eat." things on Facebook, yesterday. Then didn't understand when I laughed at him.

He's been on the public dole for the last four years.

It's always okay for them because they are always more deserving...... Or so they think.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:30 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
"Healthy people pay for unhealthy people". Many think so in America, not only the intellectually vacuous balloon head. It is incredible but it is how it is. And as long as this bullshit blocks the common sense of so many, there will no full acceptance of the health insurance.
You got it, Chris. We've had right wing propagandists telling people that any kind of "collectivism" is "theft". For a while, they were even referring to Social Security and Medicare as "generational theft"..............Elderly people stealing from the young. You read that right; They see old people are "thieves" and parasites, basically, because they don't work.

Think about how sick that is.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:20 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
No, it's like saying, "I'd like others to pitch in if I have big costs, but I don't want to pitch in for anyone else."
No, it's like saying "I have mine and I don't give a shit about you." Having insurance is sharing the risk and pitching in with those who are also insured.

FWIW, finnbow's take was indeed wrong.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:34 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I don't think Ryan is that stupid. I think he is a lying, conniving snake who knows that his base is stupid enough to buy that as a reason for killing the Affordable Care Act.
That is the essence of it.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:05 AM

I wonder if this can lead to a tax revolt if the so called block grants are disproportionately going to the red staters, as seems to be the case here for states like Alabama and Mississippi. By using Ryan's logic, why should CA & NY pay for the healthcare of AL and MS?
Old 09-22-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
That is the essence of it.
No ACA repeal, no tax cuts is the way I see it.

Several forms of tax cuts are currently being drafted and all of them lack funds to do it with. One plan reported recently even had the GOP accepting voodoo economics for the payback.

So this is a combination of lying and cooking the books at the same time to fork over a huge tax cut which the country can ill afford, but unfortunately there is a GOP monopoly governing at this time.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:49 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
No ACA repeal, no tax cuts is the way I see it.

Several forms of tax cuts are currently being drafted and all of them lack funds to do it with. One plan reported recently even had the GOP accepting voodoo economics for the payback.

So this is a combination of lying and cooking the books at the same time to fork over a huge tax cut which the country can ill afford, but unfortunately there is a GOP monopoly governing at this time.
Tax cuts can be funded with T-bills and treasury notes.

If the GOP has a monopoly, why do we still have Obamacare?
Old 09-22-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post

The TEA wingnuts will not go for yet another round of borrowing, which is why ACA and voodoonomics is so crucial to the GOP.

Why do we still have Obamacare? Not for long if the Senate can bribe the naysayers to two, and it seems very likely this time.
I would not bet against the Remove & Replace this time around, not even at 10:1 odds. The Koch Bros. $$$ is too strong a motivator for next years primaries.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:58 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post

They don't and thank goodness for that. I for one intend to do whatever I can, as feeble as that may be, to see that they never do. I believe the only thing on Gods green earth more evil than the far left is the far right.