Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:33 PM
Area Man

Paul Ryan, Dumbass.

"Under Obamacare, healthy people pay for unhealthy people."

No kidding, Paul? So tell me, Einstein; When will it occur to you that this is how ALL insurance works, you intellectually vacuous balloon head? So, how else do you think it is EVER going to work, shitforbrains? Auto insurance, home owners insurance, healthcare insurance are all pooled resources used to help individuals in a time of need.........THAT'S HOW INSURANCE WORKS.

Guys, this is why we think Conservatives are stupid. Because if you think you're going to create a society wherein nobody ever has to pay for anyone else......

Congratulations,

You're stupid.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:52 PM
Admin

Ayn Rand libertarians give me hives. They're what f**king morons consider 'smart' people.

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." John Rogers
Old 09-21-2017, 06:00 AM
Ready

You could use Ryan's statement as a psychological test.

Different wants and feelings in the head, between 'those people' and us. Not sure why. Bur we want to cooperate, to take care of each other, and they don't. To them, 'healthy people paying for unhealthy people' feels like a grave defect in policy. To them, the logic of insurance is just wrong.

So just ask people is they agree/disagree that Ryan's statement is the main problem with Obamacare, and you can quickly and reliably sort people on the cooperative/selfish dimension. Good test.

BTW, this should make clear why the R's can't agree on a replacement. They really want no replacement. All insurance has the same problem, they feel.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:05 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
You could use Ryan's statement as a psychological test.

Different wants and feelings in the head, between 'those people' and us. Not sure why. Bur we want to cooperate, to take care of each other, and they don't. To them, 'healthy people paying for unhealthy people' feels like a grave defect in policy. To them, the logic of insurance is just wrong.

So just ask people is they agree/disagree that Ryan's statement is the main problem with Obamacare, and you can quickly and reliably sort people on the cooperative/selfish dimension. Good test.

BTW, this should make clear why the R's can't agree on a replacement. They really want no replacement. All insurance has the same problem, they feel.
Exactly. This is why I have been telling people it will never be Republicans that effectively reform healthcare insurance........

Because they don't believe in insurance.

The act of pooling resources is antithesis to far right ideology....... Until it's one of them that's laid up. Then, all of the sudden it makes perfect sense, because they always feel that they deserve everything they get. Even when they don't.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:10 AM

This sounds like a sales pitch from Ryan for this latest R & R bill to pass the Senate with 50 votes. And it just might work since they are only looking at 2018, and the GOP base clamoring for the R & R bill will only find out a few years down the road that this bill comes up way short of the second R.

With the block grants to states, they now have even the Hellers and McCains on their side it seems not to mention McCain has another $100 billion to lob missiles in the ME. The GOP has no conscience.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:20 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Stephen Moore, a Trump economic advisor:

"People want insurance for their own families, not for other people's families."

These seems like a homeowner saying "I don't need fire insurance for my home because my home is currently not on fire."
Old 09-21-2017, 02:26 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Stephen Moore, a Trump economic advisor:

"People want insurance for their own families, not for other people's families."

These seems like a homeowner saying "I don't need fire insurance for my home because my home is currently not on fire."
No, it's like saying, "I'd like others to pitch in if I have big costs, but I don't want to pitch in for anyone else."
Old 09-21-2017, 04:15 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Americans who feared that Barack Obama would come for their guns are happy that Donald Trump is coming for their health care, a new report finds.

In interviews conducted across the country, people expressed satisfaction that, by taking away their ability to see a doctor rather than their ability to shoot people, the federal government “finally has its priorities straight.”

“I couldn’t get a night’s sleep, worrying about Obama taking away my guns,” Carol Foyler, a gun owner from Kentucky, said. “Now that we have a President who’s just taking away my family’s health care, I can breathe easier.”

Harland Dorrinson, a gun fancier from Wyoming, concurred. “In Europe, everyone has health care and no one has guns,” he said. “You couldn’t pay me to live there.” Noting that thousands of people die in hospitals every year, he added, “Health care has killed more people than guns have.”

Tracy Klugian, a gun hobbyist in Florida, said he strongly supported the Trump Administration’s policy, which he summarized as, “If you like the guns you have, you can keep those guns.”

He said that the prospect of becoming ill without health insurance does not concern him in the least. “If I get a disease, I’ll shoot at it,” he said.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:38 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
"Under Obamacare, healthy people pay for unhealthy people."

No kidding, Paul? So tell me, Einstein; When will it occur to you that this is how ALL insurance works, you intellectually vacuous balloon head? So, how else do you think it is EVER going to work, shitforbrains? Auto insurance, home owners insurance, healthcare insurance are all pooled resources used to help individuals in a time of need.........THAT'S HOW INSURANCE WORKS.

Guys, this is why we think Conservatives are stupid. Because if you think you're going to create a society wherein nobody ever has to pay for anyone else......

Congratulations,

You're stupid.
I disagree. I don't think Ryan is that stupid. I think he is a lying, conniving snake who knows that his base is stupid enough to buy that as a reason for killing the Affordable Care Act.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:34 PM

I like the block grant part, short sheet the blue states and extra to the red welfare ones. Then at 2026 pull the rug out from everybody and then no doubt, no tax aid or relief by lowering tax rates to those paying the tax to begin with accordingly,nope, divert these funds for health insurance to the 1%ers.