Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:47 AM

Cops being cops

I can't think of any reason to support these power freaks..... I'm so happy I'm not a black man in this country.

Minn. cop on leave over message on Black Lives Matter

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- A St. Paul police officer is on leave while police investigate a Facebook post urging drivers to run over Black Lives Matter protesters.

The post said: "Run them over. Keep traffic flowing and don't slow down for any of these idiots who try and block the streets."
(then he goes on to advise how to get away with the crime - see screen shot of post at link)
"It's really concerning to me that someone would encourage violence on a day celebrating a man who taught peace," Andrew Henderson told CBS Minnesota.

Henderson saw the Facebook post made by J.R. Roth around 1 a.m. Saturday. It referred to Monday's Black Lives Matter MLK Justice Rally.

"The post said to run over the protesters if they were blocking the road and said how to get away with it and that no jury would convict them," Henderson said.

He took screen shots of the post and videotaped himself calling St. Paul police to report the post he believed was made by Sgt. Jeff Rothecker, who's been with the department for more than 20 years.

Henderson also recorded his meeting with internal affairs. He expressed his disgust as he showed investigators why he thinks the person who posted the message is Sgt. Rothecker.

St. Paul police admit they are actively investigating, saying: "The statement is offensive, disappointing, concerning and does not reflect in any way-or align with-the views, values and practices of the Saint Paul Police Department."

Mayor Chris Coleman said he is outraged and disgusted.

"There is no room in the Saint Paul Police Department for employees who threaten members of the public. If the allegation is true, we will take the strongest possible action allowed under law," Coleman said.

"A person that has sworn to serve and protect the people should not be encouraging violence on peaceful protesters," Henderson said.

St. Paul police also said if it's determined that the comment was written by a member of the department, "swift, strong and decisive disciplinary action will be taken."

The St. Paul Police Federation represents St. Paul Police officers.

"We know that there is an investigation. We will let the process play out," Attorney Chris Wachtler said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/st-paul-...-lives-matter/
Old 01-19-2016, 10:59 AM
Persona non grata

I hate fucking cops.

In fact if I ever encounter a cop bleeding on the side of the road I'm not going to do a goddamned thing to help him.

In fact, if he's at milepost 84 on the Interstate I might call 911 and tell the dispatcher he's at milepost 48. Then, when the paramedics don't get there in time I'll say "Oops, in my panic I must have transposed the numbers by mistake, my bad!"
Old 01-19-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
I hate fucking cops.

In fact if I ever encounter a cop bleeding on the side of the road I'm not going to do a goddamned thing to help him.

In fact, if he's at milepost 84 on the Interstate I might call 911 and tell the dispatcher he's at milepost 48. Then, when the paramedics don't get there in time I'll say "Oops, in my panic I must have transposed the numbers by mistake, my bad!"
Typical.

Voice of cop: "Nothing new to see here. Let's move along."
Old 01-19-2016, 11:15 AM
Persona non grata

I figured I'd get some hate mail on that one.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:15 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Typical.

Voice of cop: "Nothing new to see here. Let's move along."
I agree death fantasies are typical, as seen from the cop in the OP as well, don't forget....
Old 01-19-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
I hate fucking cops.

That would make you just like them.

See what hate does?
Old 01-19-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
I agree death fantasies are typical, as seen from the cop in the OP as well, don't forget....
Borrowing from his post just a bit, I won't forget that the "typical" cop, upon finding Tom Joad lying bleeding on the side of the road, would do everything in his/her power to help him. They would probably continue to help him even if you showed the cop his post above.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:00 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

I've grown profoundly tired of the BLM movement as I find their complaints about police violence address a symptom of the problem and not the problem itself. In Minneapolis (where my daughter and her husband live), BLM had very little public support as a result of them choosing to demonstrate illegally on private property (the Mall of America), and when a judge intervened they moved to the airport and blocked access to the airport on December 23 in the midst of the Christmas travel season. FWIW, most of the Minneapolis protesters were pampered (white) millennials.

That doesn't excuse a cop calling for BLM protesters to be run over, but I understand his and the public's frustration with the movement, its tactics and cluelessness.

Last edited by finnbow; 01-19-2016 at 12:07 PM.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:19 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I've grown profoundly tired of the BLM movement as I find their complaints about police violence address a symptom of the problem and not the problem itself. In Minneapolis (where my daughter and her husband live), BLM had very little public support as a result of them choosing to demonstrate illegally on private property (the Mall of America), and when a judge intervened they moved to the airport and blocked access to the airport on December 23 in the midst of the Christmas travel season. FWIW, most of the Minneapolis protesters were pampered (white) millennials.

That doesn't excuse a cop calling for BLM protesters to be run over, but I understand his and the public's frustration with the movement and its tactics.
If a particular group is frequently singled out for mistreatment, isn't it allowable for them to complain about it? If the mistreatment is extremely severe, isn't it understandable that they may feel like registering their complaints aggressively?

But you were 'tired' of BLM the first time you heard of them, I think.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:22 PM

I can see why blacks are more than a little upset. A teen with a toy gun gets killed, while armed white thugs take over a federal preserve, threaten employees and law enforcement, steal, break, and damage federal and state property, and are allowed to squat and order takeout.

Black lives do matter, and if it takes a little inconvenience to change a culture, great.