Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:28 AM

China 2025

They say that by 2025, China will pass the U.S. as the world's largest economy. The U.S., on the other hand will have by far the largest military. In fact, if you look at what we currently invest our considerable assets in, the military accounts for almost a quarter of it.

Maybe it doesn't matter. China will be the suits and we'll be the cops. Eh, guess it could be worse. But kind of a bummer. I've never lived in a world where the U.S. wasn't the economic leader of the world. Guess my kids will have to navigate that shift. Wonder what you guys think.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:45 AM

I feel sorry for the kids. We're quickly becoming a nation of sharecroppers.

Do you suppose our new Chinese masters will treat us kinder than the current lot?

Chas
Old 11-16-2009, 09:55 AM

Hope they treat us better than the banks treated the sharecroppers during the dustbowl. Unfettered capitalism. But I'm not counting on it.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Area Man

I see China becoming both the millitary and the economic leader, by a Loooooong shot.

I see America as continuing to be it's own worst enemy.
With the most popular solution to our problems being to continue devolving
back into a hunt and gather society of ignorant cornpones hiding in
the woods, as Sarah Palin winks and wiggles her ass in our faces from the mandated telescreens hung in every cave tuned to the only remaining channel---FauxNews.

But, that's okay, we'll still have our crappy (Chinese made.) small arms and
a small plastic Jesus figurine (Also made in China.) in our pockets to protect us.

Oh, there will still be wealth to be found in the US. But it will be the Multibillionaire Chinese businessmen and their Wall Street flunkies living in gated communities who only let "Peasant-Americans" in to clean their shitters and shine their shoes.

But, hey. At least everything will be cheap, we won't have to worry about healthcare anymore (Cuz none of us will have it.), and all of the rednecks will be free to hunt and fish all day, (Because they no longer have a choice.).

But, I'll do my best to remain optimistic..............................despite it all.

Dave
Old 11-16-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I see China becoming both the millitary and the economic leader, by a Loooooong shot.

I see America as continuing to be it's own worst enemy.
With the most popular solution to our problems being to continue devolving
back into a hunt and gather society of ignorant cornpones hiding in
the woods, as Sarah Palin winks and wiggles her ass in our faces from the mandated telescreens hung in every cave tuned to the only remaining channel---FauxNews.

But, that's okay, we'll still have our crappy (Chinese made.) small arms and
a small plastic Jesus figurine (Also made in China.) in our pockets to protect us.

Oh, there will still be wealth to be found in the US. But it will be the Multibillionaire Chinese businessmen and their Wall Street flunkies living in gated communities who only let "Peasant-Americans" in to clean their shitters and shine their shoes.

But, hey. At least everything will be cheap, we won't have to worry about healthcare anymore (Cuz none of us will have it.), and all of the rednecks will be free to hunt and fish all day, (Because they no longer have a choice.).

But, I'll do my best to remain optimistic..............................despite it all.

Dave
Are you saying that if Palin gets elected that I can go fishing ALL of the time???

Well, praise the Lord and pass the night crawlers!!!!!

Chas
Old 11-16-2009, 11:50 AM

"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book." -- Ronald Reagan / 40th President of the United State
Old 11-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Are you saying that if Palin gets elected that I can go fishing ALL of the time???

Well, praise the Lord and pass the night crawlers!!!!!

Chas
Well, you can do that now, Chas. You just have to quit your job. So long as you and I have a choice, that's fine. I just don't want to see hobbies turn into necessities for either one of us. Don'tcha know?

Speakin' O' jobs, it that crazy time again!

Dave
Old 11-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book." -- Ronald Reagan / 40th President of the United State
So, where is GWs book? Oh that's right, he has to find someone who can spell to help him out.

Dave
Old 11-16-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
So, where is GWs book? Oh that's right, he has to find someone who can spell to help him out.

Dave
Cheney stole his crayolas.

Chas
Old 11-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

China has two huge looming issues: exchange rate, and succession.

But yeah, they will step up into their new role barring calamity and it will be um, interesting.

Pete