Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:44 PM
Area Man

I think she'll be nominated, unless the Republicans can find someone better in time for the start of the campaign. I think if Obama plans on running again, he'll have a hell of an uphill battle, regardless of what happens between now and then. He hasn't been in office for a year yet, and people have already decided his Presidency was a complete disaster. (Which I still find interesting, despite my own disappointment.)

I think it's still far to early to tell who's going to be on either ticket for 2012, much less who the next Prez will be. But one thing is for sure; As I watch to "pendulum" swing to the left and to the right, I see the arc getting wider and wider. This is what concerns me. America doesn't need to be the next country forever living with the shame of it's past, ala Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union. We've got enough skeletons in our closet. Don'tcha think?

Just a Saturday evening thought.

Now it's time to fire up the "Mighty BlueStreak" and hit the titty bars.
Before the right-wing religious fanatics in my community try to shut them down again, that is.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 11-21-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundhound View Post
is the republican party so desperate?
Hope so!

Quote:
is the american public so stupid? (okay, dumb questions)
Hope not!

By the way, Hound, one of your home boys is now one of my homeboys. Charlie Musselwhite. He lives in Sonoma County now & does a 1 hour show every Sunday on local radio. Great show!

John

Last edited by Boreas; 11-21-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I think she'll be nominated, unless the Republicans can find someone better in time for the start of the campaign. I think if Obama plans on running again, he'll have a hell of an uphill battle, regardless of what happens between now and then. He hasn't been in office for a year yet, and people have already decided his Presidency was a complete disaster. (Which I still find interesting, despite my own disappointment.)

I think it's still far to early to tell who's going to be on either ticket for 2012, much less who the next Prez will be. But one thing is for sure; As I watch to "pendulum" swing to the left and to the right, I see the arc getting wider and wider. This is what concerns me. America doesn't need to be the next country forever living with the shame of it's past, ala Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union. We've got enough skeletons in our closet. Don'tcha think?

Just a Saturday evening thought.

Now it's time to fire up the "Mighty BlueStreak" and hit the titty bars.
Before the right-wing religious fanatics in my community try to shut them down again, that is.

Dave
Titty bars!!!!!!!

Need someone to ride shotgun?

Chas
Old 11-21-2009, 06:08 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Titty bars!!!!!!!

Need someone to ride shotgun?

Chas

If you were a little closer....................

Dave
Old 11-21-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
It chaps my ass that many will call her names when she is at least a ''VERY DECENT AMERICAN''.
she's a fucking politician...
Old 11-21-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
The birthers, right or wrong, don't think that Obama has furnished the proper birth certificate. Who knows, but to the best of my understanding, he hasn't been forthcoming with records from his past.
It really has been established. Photocopies of his birth certificate have been made available, the State of Hawaii has publicly stated that Obama was born there and there were birth announcements in the local papers when Obama was born.

There is no legitimate doubt that he was born here. It's just that some of his wackier political opponents keep stirring up the base, just by claiming that he hasn't provided proof when in fact he has.

Quote:
The Tea Party folks feel that a lot of Obama's policies don't pass constitutional muster.
The Tenthers. They even think that things like the Interstate Highway System, Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security are unconstitutional. They take the Tenth Amendment, which states, "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people", to mean that anything not specifically authorized in the Constitution is beyond the reach of the Federal Government. I think that's crazy on its face. It supposes total clairvoyance on the part of the drafters of the Constitution to foresee all future developments in the world.

Quote:
And I'll take a Ron Paul any day...only he doesn't inspire the "fire in the belly".
I see good and bad in Ron Paul. He really seems to hold the Constitution in reverence and he wants to do away with the Federal Reserve Board but he's too much of a small government Libertarian for my taste.

John
Old 11-21-2009, 10:00 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I see good and bad in Ron Paul. He really seems to hold the Constitution in reverence and he wants to do away with the Federal Reserve Board but he's too much of a small government Libertarian for my taste.

John
I see Ron Paul as a sincere man who wants the best for the US. I don't agree with all of his ideas, particularly with respect to the good the federal gov't can do. I mentioned him as a better example of a populist in light of the true grass roots support he had during the campaign. He is also a refreshing contrast to the appeal to prejudice you see in so many Obama opponents - I'm not talking about private citizens, but about the congress members and other politicos, including SP.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 11-21-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I see Ron Paul as a sincere man who wants the best for the US. I don't agree with all of his ideas, particularly with respect to the good the federal gov't can do. I mentioned him as a better example of a populist in light of the true grass roots support he had during the campaign. He is also a refreshing contrast to the appeal to prejudice you see in so many Obama opponents - I'm not talking about private citizens, but about the congress members and other politicos, including SP.

Regards,

D-Ray
With you completely on this.

John
Old 11-22-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
It chaps my ass that many will call her names when she is at least a ''VERY DECENT AMERICAN''.
How many "very decent Americans" were called Un-American and told they hate freedom? Why, I recall a time when expressing an opinion that was at odds with Bush's wars would be greeted with an invitation to move to another country. Pft. Cuts both ways.

I don't mean to chap your ass. I'm simply expressing my opinion. When I hear her speak, I get the distinct impression that she is not intellectually equipped for the job.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Area Man

"How many "very decent Americans" were called Un-American and told they hate freedom? Why, I recall a time when expressing an opinion that was at odds with Bush's wars would be greeted with an invitation to move to another country. Pft. Cuts both ways."

And haven't we seen all of this before? Study the McCarthy era.
All of the same shit. Same party, same dogmas, same assumption that anyone who didn't adhere to the far right-wing agenda was a "Commie pinko fag."
The only difference was that, at the time we had a Republican President, Eisenhower, who was truly a "Great American". And an enemy, the USSR, who actually had the potential to do far greater harm than a bunch of Islamist fanatics could ever dream of.

And oh, BTW, the tax rate for the wealthiest Americans under Ike was 90%!

He was followed by a Socially Liberal Democrat who cut taxes, JFK, who is frequently blamed and hated by some on the right, for the troubles that followed his administration.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 11-22-2009 at 01:30 PM.