Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
End stage trumplodytis.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:12 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
End stage trumplodytis.
Now, we even have our resident Trump cultist arguing that his Dear Leader isn't "malevolent." For his perusal, here's the definition:

"Wishing evil or harm to another or others; showing ill will; ill-disposed; malicious."

How can one argue that Trump isn't so?
Old 06-27-2018, 01:19 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

The House on Wednesday soundly rejected a wide-ranging GOP immigration bill that would have funded President Trump’s border wall, offered young undocumented immigrants a path to citizenship and partially addressed the family-separation crisis at the southwest border.

The bill failed on a vote of 301-121 despite a last-minute tweet of support from Trump — in all caps — the backing of GOP leadership and weeks of negotiations between conservatives and moderate Republicans who sought an elusive intraparty compromise.

But the GOP has been unable to bridge the divide between hard-liners aligned with Trump and moderates intent on addressing the fate of undocumented immigrants known as “dreamers.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...3bc_story.html

Damn Democrats!
Old 06-27-2018, 01:27 PM
Admin

Quote:
The House on Wednesday soundly rejected a wide-ranging GOP immigration bill that would have funded President Trump’s border wall, offered young undocumented immigrants a path to citizenship and partially addressed the family-separation crisis at the southwest border.

The bill failed on a vote of 301-121 despite a last-minute tweet of support from Trump — in all caps — the backing of GOP leadership and weeks of negotiations between conservatives and moderate Republicans who sought an elusive intraparty compromise.

But the GOP has been unable to bridge the divide between hard-liners aligned with Trump and moderates intent on addressing the fate of undocumented immigrants known as “dreamers.”

Damn Democrats!
The Party of No can't govern themselves out of a piss soaked paper bag. It's truly an amazing thing to watch this conglomeration of Luddites, Klansmen, Randian Liberturdians and Nazi campfollowers stumble through a forest of rakes they've placed in front of themselves.

It's like the Marx Bros meet the Three Stooges chased by the Keystone Kops.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:

Damn Democrats!
Though I must point out that the "dreamer" issue has nothing to do with this thread, or what's currently happening at the border.

Further, even if the legislation was passed, this administration would likely enforce that law. At which point we'd be right back to the blaming, name-calling and howling from the left.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
.....can't govern themselves out of a piss soaked paper bag.
To the extent that this is a reference to the Republicans, we agree. However, the "Party of No" mantle has now passed to the Dems.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:32 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
It's like the Marx Bros meet the Three Stooges chased by the Keystone Kops...
Led by this guy:
Old 06-27-2018, 01:39 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
To the extent that this is a reference to the Republicans, we agree. However, the "Party of No" mantle has now passed to the Dems.
Yawn... Please wash your hands after using the lavatory, bro.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:40 PM
Admin

Quote:
Led by this guy:
Indeed.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:53 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Nope. The "Party of No" mantle belongs solidly with your Teabagger/FreeDumb Caucus kindred spirits. Today's House immigration proves that yet again, not that it needed to be proven to any sentient being.