Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
In the search for the boys Israeli army has killed innocents. The BBC reported five Palestinians were killed in the search. This is a tragic very tragic event. But until Israel realizes their involvement in the root causes these occurrences will only continue.

Barney
But was any explication of how and why they were killed given? I realize most folks here seem to dislike the Israelis but Hamas are not exactly heroes murdering teen aged boys. And frankly the BBC has not always been impartial when reporting on that area.

I hope when everyone says let Israel look after themselves you realize that you are staring nuclear war in the face. If ISIS, Hamas and Hezbollah are ever successful in driving the Israelies into the sea three guesses what their last act will be, it sure as hell would be mine if I was in their shoes

Last edited by merrylander; 07-01-2014 at 12:04 PM.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
But was any explication of how and why they were killed given? I realize most folks here seem to dislike the Israelis but Hamas are not exactly heroes murdering teen aged boys. And frankly the BBC has not always been impartial when reporting on that area.

I hope when everyone says let Israel look after themselves you are staring nuclear war in the face. If ISIS, Hamas and Hezbollah are ever successful in driving the Israelies into the sea three guesses what their last act will be, it sure as hell would be mine if I was in their shoes
The story was the killings occurred during the searches for the three. My guess from the articles and prior history there were demonstrations and rock throwing involved. Doors getting kicked in property destruction.

But given the way the army treats the Palestinians it is easy to see things getting out of hand.

Barney
Old 07-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:

I hope when everyone says let Israel look after themselves you are staring nuclear war in the face. If ISIS, Hamas and Hezbollah are ever successful in driving the Israelies into the sea three guesses what their last act will be, it sure as hell would be mine if I was in their shoes
Nobody is driving Israelis into the sea.

The Israelis driven by religious fanatics are putting up more settlements in the West Bank which can only compound the conflict.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:34 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I realize most folks here seem to dislike the Israelis but Hamas are not exactly heroes murdering teen aged boys. And frankly the BBC has not always been impartial when reporting on that area.
Disliking Israeli policy with respect to West Bank settlements is quite a bit different than disliking Israel. One can like Israel and Israelis, but dislike their settlement policy. Hell, a significant percentage of Israelis dislike their own country's settlement policy. Does that make them anti-Israel? It's also interesting to note that a significant number of the Zionist zealots who are living in the West Bank settlements are American-born Jews who have recently moved to Israel. One of the three murdered kids had dual American/Israeli citizenship, BTW.

Last edited by finnbow; 07-01-2014 at 12:41 PM.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:43 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

So Finn, it's the Road to Morocco this time 'round?

Pete
Old 07-01-2014, 12:44 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
So Finn, it's the Road to Morocco this time 'round?

Pete
Along with southern Spain (Andalusia) and Portugal, probably next May.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:12 PM

Not so much an anti Israeli in general dislike on my part. Think they just need to remember another group of people were there before 1948 too. So some aspects of their treatment of the Palestinians is appalling. They are not going away and every time the army kills or wounds Palestinians another blood feud starts. When a home or land is grabbed to build another settlement more unrest.

Just think how well the WASP's will feel in the USA if and when years from now the Native Americans were to gain supremacy in votes/money/power and start taking back land!! Just how well will that go over?

Barney

Last edited by Oerets; 07-01-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:12 PM

The entire situation sucks. You can see both sides of the Israeli Palestinian conflict. No one has taken credit for the kidnappings yet but Hama must have something to do with it.

Israel is a beautiful area of the world. Such a shame there cannot be peaceful coexistence.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:47 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Israeli settlement policy is dictated by Israeli extremists, who are not
looking for solutions.

Both sides are dominated by religious myths.
Hello member one1 your help is needed here.
And, that is the heart of it. You have two very different cultures, stuck on a relatively small piece of land that they both refuse to share. There aren't going to be any easy solutions.

To my mind, the whole thing is ridiculous as the argument is based on dueling fairytales. But, you already know how I feel about that, so I won't inflame.

Dave
Old 07-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post

Just think how well the WASP's will feel in the USA if and when years from now the Native Americans were to gain supremacy in votes/money/power and start taking back land!! Just how well will that go over?

Barney
Ummmm......

Aren't we seeing something similar as we speak, Barney?

Dave