Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
The US government is a secured lender. At worse we will be repaid all monies lent from the sales of their asserts. At best we will make a fair profit.
I hope you are right....actually, I hope the Auto industry can turn around....but if they can't, I do hope the liquidation monies go back to paying the original debt and not some new Gov. sponsored "need" that's rolled down the pike.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
I'd bet your uninsured neighbor is not so happy.

)
I never paid much attention.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I'd bet your uninsured neighbor is not so happy.

If you want to talk about stifling small businesses, look at the cost of health care to the entrepreneur. I know many who have closed shop for this reason. (Even got married to acquire benefits so they could work for themselves.)

I do care to some degree that others are getting cared for but my neighbors health care is not my responsibility nor is the raising of their children nor anything else that does not pertain to my own family. Its not our goverments responsibility either IMO.

Sticking their noses in to things are what caused this world to turn upside down. If anything the goverment needs to downsize and learn to work for us. Not tell us what or how to do things.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:29 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Grumpy is on the right track.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:00 AM

Yeah...Show me in the Constitution where all these tramp-stamped, 250 lb, Baby-Mamas waddlin' around in Wally-World have a RIGHT to have their spoor tooken care of by ME 'n' YOU, & all the rest of us taxpayers... Sandy is responsible for Sandy, Lauriann, & Bethany...An' that's IT, as far as he's concerned...
Old 06-24-2009, 07:23 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Because NO ONE is more greedy then the US goverment. Specially with the Dems holding our wallets. They are spending what we dont have and if they aint careful we are all gonna be even broker.

Lets not even get in to the paperwork clusterfuck they will slap us all with. Anyone remember the last one with medicare.
Well maybe they should ask Canada to come down here and design the plan. Paperwork? I don't got no steenkin paperwork from Canada's single payer plan, but boy did I ever get a shitload from Aetna. On top of all the paper I had to deal with their staff, people who would have been out of their depth in a parking lot puddle.

Remeber folks when we talk about screw-ups we still have Wall Street to show how it is really done.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:25 AM
Resident octogenarian

Moral of the story stay away from Wally World - I don't even know where the local one is, nor do I care.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Took 4 years to wean Nancy off that hell whole of a store but im proud to say FUCK wally world. I don't and wont willingly support them or their "fuck the employee" and "American manufacturers" ways.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:32 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCh View Post
I hope you are right....actually, I hope the Auto industry can turn around....but if they can't, I do hope the liquidation monies go back to paying the original debt and not some new Gov. sponsored "need" that's rolled down the pike.
All the corporate welfare programs that Bush and Obama have put together are to be repaid with interest and there is equity to back up any defaults.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:36 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Moral of the story stay away from Wally World - I don't even know where the local one is, nor do I care.
Interesting, being a city kid I had never been in a walmart until I bought an old farm house 4 years ago. Now we have one 20 minutes away. (everything is 20 minutes away!) Seems like they have some great values.