Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-26-2023, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
One would certainly think and hope so. Problem is, this negative outcome is all about the action of the US electorate. An electorate where 46% of the voters cast their ballots for the emotionally disorganized, sexual assault perp, deranged orange animal...twice. And who will vote for him again if he does end up being the GOP nominee.

I don't trust Americans.*

*I have been trying my best to avoid using the word "American" to describe US citizens...as it is an insult to all the other Americans who live in this hemisphere. Although I mist admit that on a number of forums I have been referred to as "anti-American." Something that I now see as a badge of honor.
Ike, I blame the media more so than the voters. The Fright Wing media led by Fox and ably amplified by the likes of Bannon, Alex Jones and several other radio shock pundits have polluted the minds of these voters. Fact that they tend to be less educated may also be a factor because these people usually do not verify the info they are being fed.

So what is the point in blaming the voters if they don't know any better because after all, a lie repeated often will become the truth. I am willing to bet that 90% of the Republican voters believe that "Trump did nothing wrong" and this is why he is their leading candidate by a huge margin.

For example, if Trump could not have lost 2020, heck he said so himself and he is the most honest person they know (again he said so), how could Biden have won in 2020? NFW in their feeble little minds and we will never change their minds.
Old 10-26-2023, 04:30 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Ike, I blame the media more so than the voters. The Fright Wing media led by Fox and ably amplified by the likes of Bannon, Alex Jones and several other radio shock pundits have polluted the minds of these voters. Fact that they tend to be less educated may also be a factor because these people usually do not verify the info they are being fed.

So what is the point in blaming the voters if they don't know any better because after all, a lie repeated often will become the truth. I am willing to bet that 90% of the Republican voters believe that "Trump did nothing wrong" and this is why he is their leading candidate by a huge margin.

For example, if Trump could not have lost 2020, heck he said so himself and he is the most honest person they know (again he said so), how could Biden have won in 2020? NFW in their feeble little minds and we will never change their minds.
Wow, you blame the media for people's entrenched position.

So they came to these positions irrespective of history, culture, or modern experience.
Old 10-26-2023, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post

So they came to these positions irrespective of history, culture, or modern experience.
I do. And also before people get 'entrenched', they have to subscribe to a belief system and where do you think that comes from?

Where do you think people come up with their conspiracy theories?

Media, especially social media, radio and podcasts are the ones that are entrenched. So yes, I blame them first.
Old 10-26-2023, 07:23 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
I do. And also before people get 'entrenched', they have to subscribe to a belief system and where do you think that comes from?

Where do you think people come up with their conspiracy theories?

Media, especially social media, radio and podcasts are the ones that are entrenched. So yes, I blame them first.
People have entrenched position before the arrival of media. The significant white conservative is hard-core. It is largely a product of history, mainly slave history and will seek media which conforms to such narrative.
Old 10-26-2023, 09:26 PM

I feel that both of your points are not mutually exclusive. Six of one, half dozen of the other.
Old 10-27-2023, 06:40 AM

New speaker Mike Johnson’s 2020 election denial could have 2024 implications....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ns/ar-AA1iQZIj

""A more alarming concern is whether Johnson would, assuming he’s still speaker after the next election, attempt to disrupt the proceedings in a more dramatic way — for instance, by preventing the session from happening altogether. Although the vice president presides over the occasion, it occurs in the House chamber — the domain of the speaker.""

""And what if, Foley added, Congress failed to finalize the results by Jan. 20, Inauguration Day? Joe Biden and Kamala D. Harris would no longer be president and vice president. A constitutional crisis over their succession could ensue. Johnson, as speaker, would be next in line.""

Another take ....

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...rns-about-2024
Old 10-27-2023, 08:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post

What "entrenched position"? Since the US became a first world nation, the US electorate has always been the most ignorant in the first world. Challenged only by Italy in the 1920's...which this country is, right now, doing it's best to replicate. Unless you're reference is to some "entrenched position" that began at the founding...which I might be inclined to consider.

The media? We have freedom of expression which includes freedom of "the press", and freedom of expression in all modern media. This problem with this country is that, as with the 2nd Amendment, the US electorate is not adult/mature enough to afford a completely free media. Too childlike, too stupid, too entitled, to fucking American. (My apologies to the approximately 700 million Americans who do not live in the US. Who are no less "American" than the 300 or so million childlike stupid, entitled US American.) Want an example of the "entitlement"? The U.S. currently accounts for 4.4% of the world's population but 18% of the world's total primary energy consumption.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 10-27-2023 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-27-2023, 08:23 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
This problem with this country is that, as with the 2nd Amendment, the US electorate is not adult/mature enough to afford a completely free media. Too childlike, too stupid, too entitled, to fucking American. (My apologies to Americans who do not live in the US.)
And what exactly do you want done about it. Absolute freedom of the press may indeed sometimes prove problematic, but regulation by whichever party is in power would be worse. Do we want to give a President Trump the power to regulate the press to suit his whims?
Old 10-27-2023, 08:44 AM
Banned

It's another overly long opinion in the New York Times this morning, however, the first paragraph says it all.

Quote:
The Republicans in the House unanimously voted for a man who made it his mission to try to overturn the 2020 presidential election, who put the political whims and needs of former President Donald Trump ahead of the interests and will of the American people. A party that once cared deeply about America as the leader of the free world, and believed in the strength, dependability and bipartisan consensus that such a role required, has largely given way to a party now devoted to an extremism that is an active threat to liberal values and American stability.
Old 10-27-2023, 09:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
And what exactly do you want done about it. Absolute freedom of the press may indeed sometimes prove problematic, but regulation by whichever party is in power would be worse. Do we want to give a President Trump the power to regulate the press to suit his whims?
There's nothing to be done about it finn. The country is fucked. Just like Italy was fucked before WWII began. The thing is...it took WWII and the dismantling of Italy to get Italy out from under the fascists. Perhaps what will have to happen to this country. I just hope that when the full shit comes down I am able to get all of our money out of the market, because...if it hasn't begun already, the market will tank. And since the dollar is only as good as the full faith and trust in the government holds up, dollars not in the market will still not be good for much anyway.

PS - the Italian people bought the fascist populism in the 1920's. Pretty much every Italian politician fell in line with Mussolini, because the politicians knew that if they didn't, the fucked up Italian people would throw them out of office. It's always on the people. Sound fucking familiar?

Read Madeleine Albright's book..."Fascism: A Warning"

Last edited by Ike Bana; 10-27-2023 at 09:38 AM.