Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-25-2023, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
From what I've been hearing, Trump’s primary defense in the GA election fraud case and in the Federal insurrection case is, "I really think I won." It's the...there's no law against being a dumbfucker defense.
Even with witness testimony that he knew that he lost.
Old 10-25-2023, 11:17 AM

Quote:
From what I've been hearing, Trump’s primary defense in the GA election fraud case and in the Federal insurrection case is, "I really think I won." It's the...there's no law against being a dumbfucker defense.
Creating false information and harassment of poll workers is against the law. No matter if completely delusional believing he won. Still can not break the law.
Old 10-25-2023, 11:32 AM

Quote:
If that's a thing, he'll be in the WH a year and a half from now.
Old 10-25-2023, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Even with witness testimony that he knew that he lost.
That's how the dumbfucker defense works. He will claim that other people, lots of people, told him he'd won. Throwing, or at least trying to throw, others indicted with him under the bus

Last edited by RickeyM; 10-25-2023 at 11:42 AM.
Old 10-25-2023, 08:59 PM

Welp, I called it wrong. The Repubs did not extend the debacle until the budget deadline to force a government shutdown. They just voted for a speaker whose strings are pulled by tRump who will follow orders and cause a shutdown, probably. Just because they chose a new speaker (ringmaster) doesn't mean the circus is over. This new ringmaster is no better than the rest.

Because tRump was busy

Last edited by RickeyM; 10-25-2023 at 09:16 PM.
Old 10-26-2023, 08:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Welp, I called it wrong. The Repubs did not extend the debacle until the budget deadline to force a government shutdown. They just voted for a speaker whose strings are pulled by tRump who will follow orders and cause a shutdown, probably. Just because they chose a new speaker (ringmaster) doesn't mean the circus is over. This new ringmaster is no better than the rest.

Because tRump was busy
Yep...the House Speaker is another asshole. But the new Speaker was going to come from the Republican conference, so we knew the new Speaker was going to be a white supremacist christian right asshole.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 10-26-2023 at 08:13 AM.
Old 10-26-2023, 08:44 AM

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...n-a-2024-rival
Old 10-26-2023, 09:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
One would certainly think and hope so. Problem is, this negative outcome is all about the action of the US electorate. An electorate where 46% of the voters cast their ballots for the emotionally disorganized, sexual assault perp, deranged orange animal...twice. And who will vote for him again if he does end up being the GOP nominee.

I don't trust Americans.*

*I have been trying my best to avoid using the word "American" to describe US citizens...as it is an insult to all the other Americans who live in this hemisphere. Although I mist admit that on a number of forums I have been referred to as "anti-American." Something that I now see as a badge of honor.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 10-26-2023 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-26-2023, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Like I've been saying. The GOP is giving the Dems all the ammo they need. As I've also been saying the GOP efforts to steal the election aren't over.
Old 10-26-2023, 09:59 AM

Quote:
One would certainly think and hope so. Problem is, this negative outcome is all about the action of the US electorate. An electorate where 46% of the voters cast their ballots for the emotionally disorganized, sexual assault perp, deranged orange animal...twice. And who will vote for him again if he does end up being the GOP nominee.

I don't trust Americans.*

*I have been trying my best to avoid using the word "American" to describe US citizens...as it is an insult to all the other Americans who live in this hemisphere. Although I mist admit that on a number of forums I have been referred to as "anti-American." Something that I now see as a badge of honor.
I wanted to believe the arc of progress toward a constant overall improvement of our domestic social order re equal treatment and civic inclusion of all citizens would continue under a democratically guided republic of law, but have been discouraged by a substantial minority grasping for dominance that having no interest in "a republic, if you can keep it", preferring instead an authoritarian autocratic dictatorship that they subvert the process to control.