Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Why just a couple here and a couple there?

And while gazing at the field of heifers, the wise old bull said, "No son, let's WALK down the hill and fuck 'em ALL".

Chas
That's the spirit!

Dave
Old 10-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Okay, and I supose all of the folks at the Tea Party events have a clear, concise and ingenius plan to fix all of our problems permanently..........Or maybe some of them were just idiots who gulped down all of Becks Kool-Aid and turned out to show they weren't "about to be stuffed into no cattlecars by no gottdam queer ass Black Panthers!"

Ya think?

You have your morons and we have ours. That's how it is.

Most people aren't stupid. We know damn well there are powerful business lobbies behind the conservative movement and that they are eyeballing labor and commerce regulations (Among other things.) and we worry about how that will affect us. What is so unreasonable about that? What, were supposed to just submit, bend over and grab our ankles because Ayn Rand warned us not to piss Massa Gekko off? Screw that. This is America, even us lowly employees have a right to speak out and try to protect the things we work for as best we can against the avalanche of villification being heaped upon us.

Have a magnificent weekend!

Dave
You're in top form Dave.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-20-2011, 04:37 AM

One of the problems with these protesters is that the original group, about 100 in NYC, was being bankrolled by the political action groups associated with the DNC to function as a medium to get Obama reelected.

What is also not generally shown in the media, although there is plenty of footage on Youtube and elsewhere, is the hard-left agenda of many of the signs and posters they hold. If Obama and many in the DNC want to be affiliated with the terrorist Che, so be it. I am sure it will resonate well with middle America in 2012.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:55 AM

Cool.. glad to see you came back and joined us Krazy..

OK.. so I gotta ask where you got this info from? I've been all over the wb, and not seen a sign that has anything to do with Che... I've been to the protests here in DC and never seen a Che sign or anything even close....

Some where around here I posted and article of exactly how and where this got started and the people who's real idea it was.. and they had nothing to do with the DNC and it was over a steak dinner the ida kinda bloomed. No one that was involved at the beginning was aking money other than the media group who planted the idea.. in canada..
Old 10-20-2011, 05:21 AM

Here's a timeline of how things got started, but the article I posted around here somewhere tells the story of how Adbusters got the idea.. and it wasn't from the DNC or anyone affiliated to it.. it was a retired trader that planted the idea..

http://www.npr.org/2011/10/20/141530...-to-a-movement
Old 10-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simi View Post
Here's a timeline of how things got started, but the article I posted around here somewhere tells the story of how Adbusters got the idea.. and it wasn't from the DNC or anyone affiliated to it.. it was a retired trader that planted the idea..

http://www.npr.org/2011/10/20/141530...-to-a-movement
Yeah but it makes good propoganda for the righties.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:08 AM

yeah, it might, but it creates dialog in the population. Better than just sitting around taking it in the ass..

I saw Charles ask if OWS thinks people don't get it. I can tell you people don't get it... How many in this country are pulled in and give money left and right to nigerian scams, pyramid scams, work at home scams.. and lots and lots of others..

personally, I've never fallen for a scam... I'm awake... and my government hates and is afraid of people like me...

Last edited by simi; 10-20-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I was driving back out to my safe home in the 'burbs last night from Downtown Cleveland and heard a talk with the Occupy Cleveland group on one local college radio station.

Fun stuff They took calls (I actually wished I had a cellphone!).

They repeated over and over that they were going to change things. When pressed on how, they said 'we're not for one issue or politician or the other'. Then they said they're the forefront of the revolution.

So, they're going to change the world. By doing nothing. Tall on promises, but can deny everything.

It reminds me of a favorite leftie phrase during Shrub's Presidency - 'cognitive dissonance'.

Pete
Old 10-20-2011, 09:23 AM

I don't think they know what exactly they are gonna do. And there ain't nothing wrong with that. What they do know is the system is screwed up to much for easy fixes. Time to do things the American way and revolt.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:23 AM

Honestly, I like their idea... Don't focus on one thing, but just be disgruntled. It causes the entities they are protesting against to start rethinking their whole strategy rather than focusing on making one change. You give the people the one change they ask for, and you don't change any of your other ways, and it still remains pretty much fucked up business as usual.

If you don't give the banks or government any one leader to attack and work with, then they can't take over your cause. If you don't give the entities any one particular thing to pick on, then they can't divert the attention of the masses as easily..

Personally, I think it's a brilliant idea. Keeping it leaderless and without any particular demand. The real demand is FIX THIS COUNTRY, FIX THE ECONOMY, and PUT PEOPLE BACK TO WORK AND STOP ROBBING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE BLIND.

Then you start throwing in the lunatic fringe ideas, and your numbers get even bigger because you're allowing anyone to join in and have a say, which means growing numbers and support to a cause to force change.

You really don't need to be a genius to figure out what OWS wants... The people that OWS wants to change know what OWS wants, but they are trying to deflect that by asking for a demand..

Last edited by simi; 10-20-2011 at 09:30 AM.