Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:24 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
And you all pooh poohed me when I bring up the subject of Lewis Powell and the Chamberpot of Commerce, look him up sometime.

How come we Americans, especially all you states rights types allow the tiny state of Delaware to set the rules for so many corporations?

Are you aware that a corporation may be created forever or may simply be created for a limited period, say twenty-five years. Now you can't create a person for an arbitrary lifetime, they call that murder.

They have so infiltrated our courts and government that the optimum solution is emigration.
And, has no obligation, whatsoever, to the voting public? No "term limits". Just the "Magic Hand"..............
Old 08-22-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
I once mentioned the good old days to my father and he looked at me and said

"I never want to return to dirt floors, no indoor plumbing and oil lamps for light. Having a horse and a plow and knowing if the horse broke it's leg the family just may starve. Nothing good about those days, son"

I fear that is where we may be heading if we are not very careful in decisions we make in the next few elections.
The closeness of this century to the nineteenth or the early twentieth is a lot closer than many people realize despite the accoutrements of modernity.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
The closeness of this century to the nineteenth or the early twentieth is a lot closer than many people realize despite the accoutrements of modernity.
We have all the fancy toys but have we advanced socially?